VINTAGE 50s ANNE VERDI COUTURE SILK COCKTAIL PARTY DRESS
What a beautiful vintage New Look cocktail dress from designer Ann Verdi. It is a personification of understated elegance - subtle details and graceful touches combine to create a vision of loveliness!
Here are the details:
- Vintage label: Anne Verdi
- Size: Small. Labeled a size 10, but is actually much smaller. It fits my SIZE FOUR mannequin perfectly. Bust measures 34". Please check all measurements and compare them against a dress you already own that fits well, in order to determine proper fit. For your information, my mannequin is an industry standard size FOUR and measures 34 - 25 - 34 1/2. Her underbust measurement (around the ribcage) is 27 1/4. The bodice on this dress fits my mannequin snugly - it is not pinned or clipped. You might want to consider wearing the appropriate underpinnings for an authentic fit; i.e. a merry widow/girdle/waist cincher. The waist is very nipped-in.
- Fabric: I believe it is silk.
- Color: Navy blue
- This gorgeous dress has a fitted bodice with a nipped waist, and is accented with a scalloped sheer tulle neck edge, which extends into little cap sleeves. There is a swirled design of matching piping, overlaid on the tulle, and then the tulle is backed with another layer of tulle.
- The bodice is fitted with multiple seams, and comes to graceful points at the sides - very striking - please refer to photos.
- Center back metal zipper
- The center back bodice dips down to a graceful point, like a basque waist
- Very full skirt
- attached inner navy blue tulle crinoline, which is edged with navy blue seam binding.
- The fabric is slightly translucent - I would recommend a second crinoline to make it more opaque
- CONDITION This dress is in PRISTINE condition. It is amazing - it looks new. Even the tulle is pristine. So carefully preserved!
- From a smoke-free home.
- Bust 17 1/2" across the fuller front, 15 1/2" across the back, for a total of 33 - 34"
- Underbust measures 29 3/4, but please note that my mannequin measures 27 1/4" under the bust, and the bodice fits very snugly.
- Waist 25-26
- Hip - full, but I wouldn't recommend it to fit much bigger than a 35" hip.
- Back neck length of bodice, measured from shoulder seam to waist seam 17"
- Back skirt length, measured from natural waist to hem 34
- Total back length at center back 47.5
I know you will be enchanted with this beautiful couture dress. It is a vintage treasure!
Payment is due within three (3) days after auction end. If there will be a delay, kindly let me know. I try to be flexible and fair, which is made easier with good communication and manners!
I accept Paypal only, as per new Ebay requirements. If you have any special requests, please feel free to email me.
If you are an international bidder, I accept PayPal ONLY.
SHIPPING ON THIS ITEM WILL BE BY PRIORITY MAIL, unless otherwise stated in the description. I provide insurance on items valued at over $100.00, and on International sales, at my discretion.
I pride myself on speedy shipping! Your purchase will come to you beautifully wrapped in tissue paper. Receiving your clothing item should be like getting a present - an occasion! (It's fun for me, too!)
FOR INTERNATIONAL BUYERS:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
Your item will be sent FIRST CLASS MAIL INTERNATIONAL, arriving in approximately seven (7) to ten (10) days. In most cases, your item will come to you neatly wrapped in tissue, and inserted in a padded envelope, in order to keep weight to a minimum. (Bulky items will of course require a box, and therefore higher postage.) I will, at my discretion, provide insurance on more expensive items. If you have any special shipping requests, please let me know and I will do everything I can to accommodate you.
I will consider returns on a case-by-case basis. Please contact me with three days of the receipt of your item if you have any concerns. I will do my very best to assist you for an amicable solution. I do take care to give an accurate and complete description, so please read carefully and bid responsibly.
Refunds cheerfully given if I have made a mistake. Item must be returned in original condition within seven days.
My credo is that I will work with you to make your buying experience a positive one!
I live in Independence, Missouri - Harry Truman's home town! I live in an historic 1872 Italianate house, and am always poking around looking for cool old things. I love vintage clothing (and in fact, ALL CLOTHES. I AM A CLOTHES HORSE! sigh.) But darn those 1872 closets (or rather, LACK OF CLOSETS!! HA!) So I share some of my finds with you! You can be assured that all of my offerings have been chosen with care, wrapped with consideration, and come to you in fine condition!
Please feel free to email me. I love all things vintage, and I LOVE to dish out the details on any of my items.