VINTAGE PAINT DECORATED FRENCH STYLE LOUIS XVI DEMI LUNE COMMODE with GILT HIGHLIGHTS ~ IMPERIAL FURNITURE CO GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
Be sure to visit our other auctions for more vintage and antique items! Visit both of our stores: Ellis Antiques and our new store catering to stylish gals on a budget Vintage Vixen Jewelry! Be sure to scroll down the page to view entire photo set.
Offered here is a VINTAGE Paint Decorated French LOUIS XVI Style Demi-Lune Commode by Imperial Furniture of Grand Rapids, MI, which is numbered 3834. The commode is in very good original finish and condition, approx. 50-60 years old and measures: 26" wide, 13 high, and 311/4" high.
It has a half-round top with beveled gilt rim, hand painted floral & rococo design in golds & greens to the sides, single drawer, & single door. Entire piece done in a smooth cream finish. This console possesses a shapely bowed or half round front, and has good storage space within the cabinet. The drawer features dovetail joinery and original solid brass floriate hardware. Apron is divided into three decorative panels, resting on four tapered legs with gilt embellishments.
Imperial Furniture was one of America's premier 20th century furniture manufacturing companies. Founded in 1903 in Grand Rapids, Michigan by Stuart Foote, and was one of the few furniture companies to survive the Depression. This is a very dynamic piece that would be a perfect addition to any home collection. A unique furniture gem!
Insurance is included. Pick-up is preferred, Shipping estimate through Fed-Ex is between $175-$200.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US 856-854-6346
Marked "IMPERIAL, GRAND RAPIDS, MI SINCE 1903" & numbered "3834" on bottom.
Item is in very good condition with minor wear. There is a spot of paint loss on the inside base as shown in photographs. Some wear, one nick, and light paint loss to the rim of the top surface.(also shown in photos), and some paint loss to the legs.
Measures approximately 31 1/4" high, 26" wide, and 13" deep.
Come visit our beautiful store in historic Collingswood, NJ!
Original Greenetz & Greenetz family business jewelry storefront circa 1921.
839 Broadway, Camden NJ.
Why Should You Buy From Ellis Antiques?
1. Generational business starting 1921.
2. Over 40 years combined experience in antiques & jewelry
3. Family run business
4. Great individual service- accommodating and helpful to any questions or concerns.
6. We take pride in our quick processing, and great care in packaging our antique items to insure their safe arrival.
7. We have a wonderful selection of inumerable items, from many different era's and in many different styles. We take our time carefully researching and listing each object with the greatest amount of detail and reference.
8. We value your business and hope to facilitate an enjoyable and pleasant retail experience!
9. We have been on the Internet since 1998, with a brick & mortar storefront in historic Collingswood NJ since 1992 that you can visit! Access the "Me" page for more information on where we are located.
10. We repair costume jewelry in house. If a part falls out or breaks, you can send it back and we will repair it.
11. Questions on any items? Just give us a call, the phones are always live.
DOMESTIC: US SHIPPING
- Credit card transactions are accepted through PayPal for Domestic Buyers.
- Buyer to pay all shipping charges. A minimum handling fee of $3.00 to $4.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- Delivery Confirmation is included for domestic packages, free of charge!
- We will not be able to obtain shipping quotes during the final 12 hours of any large item (i.e. furniture, etc.) auction. Kindly inquire for shipping information prior to the final 12 hours of a listing. Thanks so much.
- We rely on USPS & Fedex for domestic shipping, therefore shipping times vary.
- Fedex is less expensive for heavy/bulky items delivered to further zones from NJ. Delivery can take longer since there are limitations on pick up times.
- We generally ship items on Wednesday and Friday of every week. Take note - If an item is purchased on Friday afternoon or night, it will be shipped the following Wed.
- Other shipping options are available including express shipping; please contact us for more info.
- PAYPAL is accepted
- A minimum handling fee of $5.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- International Buyers Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as gifts
US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior
- If there are any discrepancies between photos and text, please email before purchasing or bidding. The items are depicted with detailed images and all photos are representative of the text.
- We represent each and every item to the best of our professional ability, with 40+ years experience. If an item is unsigned, your bidding on this item is an agreement and acceptance of our terms and reference to makers. If you have questions please inquire during this auction. We will be happy to answer any inquiries.
- If the winning bidder does not respond within 7 days after the end of the auction, we reserve the right to sell the lot to another party, void the sale or re-list the item. An Unpaid Item Reminder warning will be filed after 7 days if we don't hear from or receive payment from the winning bidder. Appropriate feedback will also be left for non-paying bidders after we file for a final value fee credit.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions; we try to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours!
- We try to describe each item as accurately as possible or will have enough photos to show condition. There are no returns for buyers remorse.
- Returns are only accepted for errors in description.
Non disclosure of a manufacturing defect, firing flaw, ping, craze line, or something small which we deem unimportant on anything we sell is not considered by us to be a misrepresentation of condition. These conditions can possibly exist in pieces we represent to be in excellent condition. If we neglect to describe something we feel is insignificant, we will not accept the item back. We sell antiques & collectibles & we hope that our buyers will understand that due to their nature, they are rarely perfect!
- If we accept your return, we will issue a refund upon receipt of your item provided that it is returned in its original packaging & is in the same condition as it was when it was sent. We will not refund return shipping fees unless we sent you an incorrect item.