Details about VGA Video Extender Kit Over CAT5e, CAT6 Network Cable.VGA Video Extender Kit Over CAT5e, CAT6 Network Cable. See original listing
Jun 02, 2013 08:45:51 PDT
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|PC to HDTV or Remote Monitor:||
Over Single CAT5e, CAT6 Cable
|Device, Cable Type:||
VGA & SVGA
|Country of Manufacture:||
Modular Adapters HD15 to RJ45
No External Power Required.
Simple Plug & Play.
We offer discounts for multiple items purchase using EBAY Best Offer.
This Kit includes:
Kit comes in plastic clam-shell package convenient for in store shelf display.
These Adapters will allow transmitting signal between VGA video ports for distances up to 100' (approximately 30 meters) over CAT5 Network cable (not included). The distance and quality depends on your equipment, length of the cable, and the resolution that you'd like to transmit. In our tests we were able to transmit 1280x1024 resolution over 50 ft. (17 meters) which will be in the range of 720p or 1080i HDTV most of the time, and sometimes up to 150 ft. (50 meters). This adapter will allow you to connect your personal computer, media center, DVR for CCTV system, or Game console VGA video port to TV/Projector with available PC input for ultimate multimedia experience (gaming, slide shows, presentations, downloaded movies, etc.), or create easy extension to remote PC monitor.
If your connection works over regular VGA cable, it will work with our adapters with maximum distance 100 ft. (30 meters).
This is an alternative solution for more expensive and sophisticated adapters for transmitting signal 400'-1000' over CAT5.
Standard VGA extension cables come in lengths of 1.8 meters (6 feet), and if you need to go a bit further you can chain several of these, with a little signal loss. You can also get a super-special low-loss 30 meter (100 foot) VGA extension cable, which is expensive. Additionally, their fat VGA plug ends won't run through conduit smaller than about 2" (50mm). It is much easier to run 1/4" CAT5 wire inside wall, and through the studs.
These are picture samples using our VGA Extenders over 50' CAT5e network cable from Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop to Toshiba LCD HDTV 46" at resolution 1024x768 extended to full screen picture:
Click on the images above to see full size pictures.
- Make sure that the your connection works over regular VGA cable
- If adapters do not transmit video signal, and you're close to 100' range, try to use shorter CAT5e/6 cable to establish connection, then reconnect to the original longer run. It works as a "jump start" for runs close to max range. Some monitors or TV's experience 1-2 seconds signal processing delay .
- For the long runs try to avoid jack connections, for the best result use straight network CAT5 cable. We recommend to use SOLID not STRANDED CAT wire for the best result.
- CAT5 cable may be affected by close proximity of fluorescent fixtures. If possible, keep it at least 2 feet (0.5 meters) away.
- You can not use switch, router or hub to transmit video using these adapters.
- DO NOT use crossover network cable. Use either 568A, or 568B wiring on both ends. (See wiring Diagram here)
- If connecting to a TV with VGA PC Input, check your manual for maximum resolution of the TV. The other way to test the limits is to lower your PC monitor resolution to 800x600, then gradually increase it. Some TV's require fixed resolution of the video card in order to transmit signal. You may find more information about resolution compatibility here.
- Contact us if you have any questions. We reply promptly, and may suggest solution to satisfy your needs based on our experience.
- If you are not satisfied with our product, simply return it to us for full refund. No questions asked.
We are PayPal Verified. Being a PayPal Verified seller helps reducing online fraud and increases the security of web transactions via PayPal. It helps you by letting you know you are dealing with a trustworthy member of the PayPal community.
Shipping & Handling Information.
- All Domestic Shipments come with Delivery Confirmation.
- International First Class USPS - 5-10 business days.
- Registered International Express Mail is $36.00, about 3-5 business days, online track and confirm feature to most countries, and you have to sign for it.
- Please make sure that your shipping PayPal address is correct, if you use this method of payment.
International Buyers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Please Note:
Check out my other items!