They were one pair of matching bookends, as different as night and day. While Cathy adored a minuet, the Ballet Russes or crepe suzette, Patty loved to rock & roll, a hot dog makes her lose control...
From 1963 to 1966, American veiwers were treated to the weekly comic hi-jinks of these two identical cousins played by 17 year-old Oscar winner Patty Duke. The Patty Duke Show immediately won over television audiences and ran for three fun-filled stasons. Here are all 72 episodes of The Patty Duke Show Seasons 1-3 (the entire series) available on three 6 DVD sets that includes bonus features looking back at The Patty Duke Show with brand new cast interviews, the reunion special and and rare public service announcements starring Patty and Cathy. Co-stars include William Schallert, Jean Byron, Paul OKeefe and Eddie Applegate. Special guest stars include Bobby Vinton and Sal Mineo. 2009, 2010. Black & White (season one) and Color (seasons two and three). Approx. 44 ½ hours.
The Patty Duke Show Seasons One, Two and Three 18 DVD set is brand new; each of the individual 6 DVD sets that comprise this collection is unopened, unplayed and still in its original factory shrinkwrap. Here are 104 off-the-wall episodes -what a wild duet!
Patty Duke Show Season One
The French Teacher Season 1, Episode 1 - Air date: 9/18/1963
There is a new French teacher at school, André Malon. Patty falls in love with Malon. Her attitude toward school, and her grades suddenly improve.
The Genius Season 1, Episode 2 - Air date: 9/25/1963
The school is testing the student for IQ. Patty's results give her a score of 185. Is she a real genius or has Patty been tampering with the computer?
The Elopement Season 1, Episode 3 - Air date: 10/2/1963
Patty and her mother are planning a surprise for her father, Martin. They are arranging a weekend at the fishing lodge where her parent spent their honeymoon. Patty and her friend Richard go to the license bureau to get a fishing license for the surprise. J.R. Castle, Martin's boss sees Patty at the license bureau. He leads Martin to believe that Patty and Richard are planning to elope.
House Guest Season 1, Episode 4 - Air date: 10/9/1963
Aunt Pauline frequent has sent gifts to the Lane household that are usually stored in the basement. When the family learns that this spinster Aunt is coming for a visit they quickly transport the gifts into the living room. The visit results in pandemonium as the controlling matriarch tyrant who takes over the running and feeding of the household.
The Birds and the Bees Bit Season 1, Episode 5 - Air date: 10/16/1963
Ross has been talked into going to a dance with a sweet Southern Belle. He does not know what to do or how to act. Patty and Cathy try to teach Ross all he needs to know about women in two days.
The Slumber Party Season 1, Episode 6 - Air date: 10/23/1963
Patty and Cathy have a Slumber Party." Kid brother Ross uses the time wisely to tape record the private conversation at the party. He shrewdly uses the information gathered to blackmail the girls. His parents wonder why he is suddenly being treated like a king.
The Babysitters Season 1, Episode 7 - Air date: 10/30/1963
When Mr. Lane refuses to pay for an evening gown for Patty, she decides to go into the babysitting business.
The Conquering Hero Season 1, Episode 8 - Air date: 11/6/1963
Patty is a faithful fan of the school basketball team. This season is the best in the school's history and they have a shot at the all league trophy. The star of the team finds out that his family will be moving in the middle of the season to Michigan. Chaos erupts when Patty suggests he live with her until the end of the basketball seasons.
The President Season 1, Episode 9 - Air date: 11/13/1963
Patty and Cathy both run simultaneously are talked into running for president of the Girls' League. Once the campaign states what were once reluctant candidates become mudslinging competitors.
Double Date Season 1, Episode 10 - Air date: 11/20/1963
Cathy is excited about a special date planned with Craig. They are going to a party. Cathy becomes ill on the eve of a party from getting a flu shot meant for Patty. To make up for for Cathy missing this important date. The girls decide that Patty needs to pass herself off as Cathy at the party. This means Patty has two dates, Richard and Craig, for the same evening.
The Actress Season 1, Episode 11 - Air date: 11/27/1963
The high school is putting on a lavish version of "Anthony and Cleopatra". Cathy is excited about the play and desperately wants the lead. Patty could care less about a Shakespearean production. The director decides he needs Patty talents for the lead role.
How to Be Popular Season 1, Episode 12 - Air date: 12/4/1963
It is hard to be the cousin of the popular Patty. Decide decides that it is time for her to win more friends. She writes to Aunt Jane, a lonely heart columnist. The advice she gets leads to disaster.
The Song Writers Season 1, Episode 13 - Air date: 12/11/1963
Patty is afraid she is losing Richard to her archrival Sue Ellen. She copies a poem from book and uses it to woo Richard back. Richard show Cathy the poem. They both love it. Cathy sets it to music. To surprise Patty, Richard enters the completed piece in a Jimmy Dean Songwriter Contest.
The Princess Cathy Season 1, Episode 14 - Air date: 12/18/1963
There is a new exchange student at school. Cathy starts dating him and they quickly fall in love. He is a from a royal family and proposes marriage. Will Cathy become Princess Cathy?
Christmas Present Season 1, Episode 15 - Air date: 12/25/1963
Cathy is excited as Christmas approaches. Her father is going to join her for the holidays. The day before Christmas Martin learns that Cathy's father, a foreign correspondent, has been imprisoned in a foreign country. How can be break the news to her the day before Christmas?
Auld Lang Syne Season 1, Episode 16 - Air date: 1/1/1964
Martin's brother Kenneth sets out to write his autobiography, but discovers writing a book to be more difficult than he imagined.
Horoscope Season 1, Episode 17 - Air date: 1/8/1964
Patty become an astrologist in order to earn money to buy Natalie a birthday present.
The Tycoons Season 1, Episode 18 - Air date: 1/15/1964
When all the girls like the dress that Cathy made, she and Patty decide to go into business.
Author! Author! Season 1, Episode 19 - Air date: 1/22/1964
Patty writes a novel presenting the viewpoint of the American teenager and immediately gets a publishing contract.
The Continental Season 1, Episode 20 - Air date: 1/29/1964
Martin learns that he is being transferred to Paris. The family is excited at first, then they realize how much they love and appreciate their present home.
Let 'Em Eat Cake Season 1, Episode 21 - Air date: 2/5/1964
Natalie makes the mistake of leaving her cake in the church bazaar on the kitchen table unattened. The girls find the cake and eat it. They try realize they will be in trouble, and try to bake a substitute.
Going Steady Season 1, Episode 22 - Air date: 2/12/1964
Patty and Richard decide to go steady. When their parents find out, they try to break it up.
Are Mothers People? Season 1, Episode 23 - Air date: 2/19/1964
Natalie Lane begins to feel unwanted and devises a plan to get even with her family for the uncaring way they have been acting.
The Con Artist Season 1, Episode 24 - Air date: 2/26/1964
Cathy buys a vacuum cleaner for Natalie's birthday. She discovers that the smooth talking salesman has sold her an product that is too expense for her to handle the cost. Patty decides to help her out with the situation by unloading the vacuum on "some other sucker."
The Perfect Teenager Season 1, Episode 25 - Air date: 3/4/1964
Patty flunks a psychology exam at school. She concludes that she is a flop as a teenager. To overcome her deficiencies, she decides to enroll in a course for teen-age models.
Chip Off the Old Block Season 1, Episode 26 - Air date: 2/11/1964
To increase the circulation of the school paper, Patty uses scandalous stories which infuriate the school principal.
The Wedding Anniversary Caper Season 1, Episode 27 - Air date: 3/18/1964
In order to buy a gift for his parents wedding anniversary, Ross enters Patty's photo in a teenagers beauty contest.
Pen Pals Season 1, Episode 28 - Air date: 3/25/1964
Patty answers a pen pal ad in a teen-age magazine. She receives beautiful letters from her new pen pal. She loses interest in her boy friend Richard but is unaware that her poetic correspondent is really her very own Richard.
A Slight Case of Disaster Season 1, Episode 29 - Air date: 4/1/1964
Patty buys an expensive dress that she intends to return after she makes her arch rival Sue-Ellen jealous. Cathy gets a stain on it making it impossible for Patty to return the dress.
The Friendship Bit Season 1, Episode 30 - Air date: 4/8/1964
Patty discovers that she is allergic to Cathy.
Patty, the Foster Mother Season 1, Episode 31 - Air date: 4/15/1964
Patty unknowingly signs papers to adopt a Korean orphan.
Drop Out Season 1, Episode 32 - Air date: 4/22/1964
Patty's boyfriend Richard decides he should quit High School and get a job. Patty's family try to talk him out of the idea.
Leave it to Patty Season 1, Episode 33 - Air date: 4/29/1964
Patty is running for to get the position of chairwoman for the class prom. When Patty finds out that Cathy knows the rock and roll star Binky Bristol, she decides she can win the position by promising to supply this celebrity for the class prom.
The Little Dictator Season 1, Episode 34 - Air date: 5/6/1964
Cathy has earned the position of student principal for a week. Patty gets in trouble at school and thinks that Cathy will cover for her. Cathy decides to be fair and is forced to send home a bad report on Patty. Patty angered by the report declares war on her cousin.
The Working Girl Season 1, Episode 35 - Air date: 5/13/1964
Patty gets a job at the local ice cream parlor. The job proves to be more than Patty can handle.
The Cousins Season 1, Episode 36 - Air date: 5/20/1964
Patty and Cathy reminisce about Cathy's arrival in the Lane household.
Patty Duke Show Season Two
- The Green Eyed Monster Air date 9/16/64. When Groffrey Davis the third, comes back to town to visit, he starts seeing Patty. Richard becomes jealous and tries desperately to compete with the handsome, athletic military cadet.
- Practice Makes Perfect Air date 9/23/64. Patty decides she wants to play the tuba. She gets the instrument and starts taking lessons. She practices hard and long. Unfortunately, she is not getting any better and the Lane household has to resort to ear plugs.
- Simon Says Air date 9/30/64. Patty is excited she has gotten the role of ghost writing the love advice column for the school newspaper. At first her advice helps the students. The students start to rely on her advice. When some of her advice leads to her friends losing boyfriends, the anger students try and find out who the ghost writer is.
- Patty, The Organizer Air date 10/7/64. Patty, Cathy, and Ross form the UAFUM [United Association for Unprotected Minors] in the hopes of getting more privileges at home.
- Patty, The Pioneer Air date 10/14/64. To prove that teenagers are not spoiled, Patty accepts a challenge to live like a pioneer for one week. The week has teaches her more than she expected. She discovers the some unexpected values of life.
- The Boy Next Door Air date 10/21/64. A handsome teenager moves next door to the Lane's household. Patty and Cathy both like the teenager. The competition between the two girls turns into all-out warfare.
- Patty, The Peoples Voice Air date 10/28/64. Patty and Cathy join the political campaign for T.J. Blodgett. Blodgett is Martin Lane's boss. As the girls start campaigning they discover that Blodgett's opponent is a better candidate for the job.
- The Greatest Psychologist In The World Air date 11/4/64. When Patty is invited to the Harvard Prom by Sue Ellen's cousin Rip, she decides to use psychology to persuade her parents to allow her to go.
- Patty And The Peace Corps Air date 11/11/64. Patty lies about her age and applies to the Peace Corps. She receives a letter that she has been accepted and will be going to Africa. She starts studding Swahili and learning about the African culture. How is she going to break the news to her parents about her upcoming trip?
- How To Succeed In Romance Air date 11/18/64. Christopher Hubbard is a new shy student at school. Cathy has fallen in love with him. She goes to Patty for advice. Christopher is taken with Cathy. He befriended Patty's boyfriend, Richard to asks for advice on winning Cathys heart. Would they have a better chance of finding each other without all the help?
- Block That Statue Air date 11/25/64. The hero of the football team is in love with Cathy.
- This Little Patty Went To Market Air date 12/2/64. Patty forms,"Patty Lane Inc." in order to market Cathy's apricot jam.
- Best Date In Town Air date 12/9/64. Martin promises to take Patty to the father-daughter dance, but must cancel at the last minute.
- Can Do Patty Air date 12/16/64. Patty follows Martin's suggestion and volunteers to do a lot of things at home and at school; everyone else, however, ends up doing the work for her.
- Hi, Society Air date 12/23/64. Patty and Sue Ellen vie for the attentions of Woodrow Warren Calden 111,a new student at school.
- Patty, The Witness Air date 12/30/64. Patty witness an auto accident and thinks that one of the men is a robber.
- Every Girl Should Be Married Air date 1/6/65. Patty believes her parents are trying to marry her off to a young man whom they invite to dinner.
- The Perfect Hostess Air date 1/13/65. Cousin Betsy from Chattanooga comes to visit, captivating all the eligible young men.
- Patty Meets A Celebrity Air date 1/20/64. Sal Mineo visits hie alna mater, and Patty is cast in a play opposite him; the night of the performance, she gets stage fright and cannot speak of her lines.
- The Raffle Air date 1/27/65. To raise money for a church bazaar, Patty raffles off Richards.
- Patty And The Newspaper Game Air date 2/3/65. Martin is distrubed when he thinks that a new reporter has been hired to replace him.
- Little Brother Is Watching You Air date 2/10/65. The Lanes have decided not to give Ross a surprise party, buy he has already made plans for it.
- Patty Pits Wits - Two Brits Hits Air date 2/17/65. Patty tries to help a British singing duo become successful.
- It Takes A Heap Of Livin Air date 2/24/65. The Lanes discovers that their home was used during the American Revolution and is therefore an historical landmark.
- Will The Real Sammy Davis Please Hang Up? Air date 3/3/65. Patty is elected prom chairman and must get hold of a big-name star.
- Dont Monkey With Mendel Air date 3/10/65. After studying genetic theory in school, Patty decides that Richard would not be a suitable father for her children.
- Patty, The Practical Joker Air date 3/17/65. The Lane house becomes a "no-man's land" of booby traps, thanks tp Patty and Ross.
- Patty, The Master Builder Air date 3/24/65. After finding a composition[on Ross's desk] i which the author praises his sister,Patty decides to help Ross build a car for the soap box derby race.
- Patty And The Cut-Rate Casanova Air date 3/31/65. Patty deserts Richards for Carlos, a boy who knows all the latest dance steps,so Richards begins dating Cathy.
- The Daughter Bit Air date 4/7/65. Patty feels guilty when Martin complains that she doesn't spend enough time at home.
- Cath, The Rebel Air date 4/14/65. Cathy, writes a letter to the Chronical criticzing an editorial and calling the authora " Man with the mentality of a dinossur.
- Patty, The Folk Singer Air date 4/21/65. Patty becomes a folk singer at a local coffee shop.
- Whats Cooking, Cousin? Air date 4/28/65. Patty tries to improve her cooking in order to impress Richard, who has grown fond of French food cooked by a girl named Gloria.
- Take Me Out To The Ballgame Air date 5/5/65. Ross tries out for the Little League, an everyone tries to help him.
- My Cousin The Heroine Air date 5/12/65. Cathy becomes a heroine after rescuing a drowning baby.
- Patty, The Chatterbox Air date 5/19/65. Patty will get an extra week's allowance if she can refrain from talking for three days.
Patty Duke Show Season Three
- A Foggy Day In Brookly Heights Air date 9/15/65. Frankie Avalon stops by the Lane house to make a phone call, and ends up spending a short time there because the airport is fogged in.
- Operation: Tonsils Air date 9/22/65. Patty falls for an attractive young doctor, and misunderstands his feelings for a boat as feelings for her.
- Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow Air date 9/29/65. When Richard goes to a party without Paty, Patty decides to give a party the same night.
- The Guest Air date 10/6/65. When Richard's parents go out of town, Patty invites him to stay at the Lane house, but his personality and living style clashes with everyone else's.
- Our Daughter The Artist Air date 10/13/65. The Lanes don't dare give Patty their true opinion of her op art creation.
- Pattys Private Pygmalion Air date 10/20/65. Patty decides to give a shy girl lessons in self-confidence.
- The Girl From N.E.P.H.E.W. Air date 10/27/65. Patty becomes involved in the spy business when an Interpol agent visits the Lanes.
- Ill Be Suing You Air date 11/3/65. Patty is the only witness to a traffic accident involving Richard.
- Patty And The Eternal Triangle Air date 11/10/65. Patty decides to test Richards fidelity by posing as Cathy.
- Sick In Bed Air date 11/17/65. Patty has a slight temperature and is forced to stay home from school, against her will.
- Ross, The Peacemaker Air date 11/24/65. Ross tries to patch up the quarrel between Richard and Patty.
- Patty, The Candy Striper Air date 12/1/65. Martin checks into the hospital the same day that Patty starts work as a candy striper.
- Patty Meets The Great Outdoors Air date 12/8/65. When a handsome young forestry students movies in next door, Patty takes a sudden interest in nature.
- Cathy Leaves Home - But Not Really Air date 12/15/65. Cathy decides to apply to be an exchange student, and is very disappointed when the family doesn't stop her.
- The History Paper Caper Air date 12/22/65. Patty gets a bright, new student at school to "help" her with her history paper.
- A Very Phon-y Situation Air date 12/29/65. When Martin puts a time limit on everyone's phone calls, the kids try to earn money to buy their own phone.
- Ross Runs Away - But Not Far Air date 1/5/66. Martin and Natalie go away for the week-end, leaving Patty in charge. Trouble ensues when she and Ross becomes handcuffed together.
- Poppos Birthday Air date 1/12/66. Martin uses a pocket-knife advertisement to show the family what for his birthday, but they read the wrong side and try to buy him a $99 rifle.
- Anywhere I Hang My Horn Is Home Air date 1/19/65. When Patty invites an out of work musician over for a meal, he decides to make the Lane home his permanent residence.
- The Greatest Speaker In The Whole Wide World Air date 1/26/66. Patty promise her creative writing class that her father will appear as a guest speaker, but does not check with him first.
- Big Sister Is Watching Air date 2/2/66. Patty patcher up a quarrel between Ross and the new boy in town because she is interested in the boy's older brother!
- Patty Leads A Dogs Life Air date 2/9/66. Patty takes care of a society columnist's French poodle.
- Too Young And Foolish To Go Steady Air date 2/16/66. The Captain of the football team asks Patty for a date.
- Patty, The Diplomat Air date 2/23/66. As a assignment, Patty must write to a government official. Problems arise when she chooses the President of the Soviet Presidium.
- Do You Trust Your Daughter Air date 3/2/66. Patty has a date with an "older man." Due to a misunderstanding, Martin believes that she came home after the curfew he set.
- A Visit From Uncle Jed Air date 3/9/66. Martin's Uncle Jed arrives the same night as Patty's formal dinner party.
- Dont Bank On It Air date 3/23/66. Martin decides to teach Patty a lesson in responsibility after she conceals the fact that she was not able to make an important bank deposit for Martin.
- Three Little Kittens Air date 4/6/66. Three kittens cause some problems in the Lane household.
- Fiancee For A Day Air date 4/13/66. Richard and Patty decide to get married after graduation from high school.
- The Invisible Boy Air date 4/20/66. Patty asks Ross to do a favor for her and the new in town, in hope that he will ask her out, Patty, in return, tries to talk Martin into allowing Ross to drop French.
- Do A Brother A Favor Air date 4/27/66 Patty agrees to date the president of Tigers' basketball club in order to increase Ross's chances of becoming a member.
- Patty, The Psychic Air date 5/4/66. Patty belives that she has ESP.