HOW WE GRADE LP's; learn record jargon. Visit Rainy Day Records (established 1981).
Please check out our other items!
WE ALWAYS COMBINE SHIPPING TO SAVE YOU MONEY
AND WE ALWAYS SHIP WITH TRACKING.
YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY!
From Capitol Records (SMAS 2653) this is SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND by JOHN, PAUL, GEORGE and RINGO, a beautiful early stereo pressing with no bar code.
The gatefold is gorgeous, about NEAR MINT or better (see photos); the insert is about perfect (MINT).
Purple, deep groove labels are super-clean and playing surfaces are free from marks of any kind (NEAR MINT or better). Plays like a dream!
When you buy from a small
Mom & Pop business you are not helping a CEO buy a
third vacation home, a second yacht or a four hundred million dollar
golden parachute. Instead, you’re helping a little girl get dance
lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a Mom put food on the table, a
Dad pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college. Our customers are our
shareholders; they are the ones we strive to make happy. Thank you for
supporting small businesses.
- Side One
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- With A Little Help From My Friends
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Getting Better
- Fixing A Hole
- She's Leaving Home
- Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
- Side Two
- Within You Without You
- When I'm Sixty-Four
- Lovely Rita
- Good Morning Good Morning
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)
- A Day In The Life
Personnel & Instrumentation:
- John Lennon – lead, harmony and background vocals; lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars; piano and Hammond organ; harmonica, tape loops, sound effects and comb and tissue paper; handclaps, tambourine and maracas
- Paul McCartney – lead, harmony and background vocals; lead and bass guitars; piano, Lowrey and Hammond organs; handclaps; vocalizations, tape loops, sound effects and comb and tissue paper
- George Harrison – lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars; sitar; lead, harmony and background vocals; tamboura; harmonica and kazoo; handclaps and maracas
- Ringo Starr – drums, congas, tambourine, maracas, handclaps and tubular bells; lead vocals; harmonica; final piano E chord
- Additional Musicians and Production
- Neil Aspinall – tamboura and harmonica
- Geoff Emerick – recording and mixing engineer; tape loops and sound effects
- Mal Evans – counting, alarm clock and final piano E chord
- Matthew Deyell – tambourine
- George Martin – producer and mixer; tape loops and sound effects; harpsichord (on "Fixing a Hole"), harmonium, Lowrey organ and glockenspiel (on "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"), Hammond organ (on "With a Little Help from My Friends"), and piano (on "Getting Better" and the solo in "Lovely Rita"); final harmonium chord.
- Session musicians – four French horns (on "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"), (Neil Sanders, James W. Buck, John Burden, Tony Randall), arranged and conducted by Martin and McCartney; string section and harp (on "She's Leaving Home"), arranged by Mike Leander and conducted by Martin; harmonium, tabla, sitar, dilruba, eight violins and four cellos (on "Within You, Without You"), arranged and conducted by Harrison and Martin; clarinet trio (on "When I'm Sixty Four"), as arranged and conducted by Martin and McCartney; saxophone sextet (on "Good Morning, Good Morning"), arranged and conducted by Martin and Lennon; and forty-piece orchestra (strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion) (on "A Day in the Life"), arranged by Martin, Lennon and McCartney and conducted by Martin and McCartney