The SA series was designed to be an excellent sounding subwoofer that is
equally at home sealed or ported. We feel that the SA series is one of
the best woofers available in it's price category and will satisfy the
needs of a wide variety of users ranging from bass-heads to audiophiles!
The SA series is also gaining popularity in SPL competitions due to
their excellent voice coil cooling and rugged, durable constructions
with several customers achieving output well over 150 dB!
The Sundown SA series woofers represent the result of several years of
testing and R&D into making the most rugged, longest lasting, and
best sounding subwoofers possible in their price range. Not only do the
SA series drivers have the capacity for extremely high output on the
street and in the SPL lanes but they are also designed with low
distortion in mind via their high linear excursion and dual faraday
rings. The SA line has consistently proven itself to customers in the
USA and worldwide both on the streets and in the SPL lanes since their
introduction in mid-2009.
- RE (ohms): 7.75
- FS (Hz): 36.95
- Vas (L): 52.35
- Qes: 0.85
- Qms: 6.63
- Qts: 0.75
- Le (mH): 4.98
- BL (NA): 25.87
- Mms (Grams): 315
- Cms (uM/N): 58.8
- Sens (1w/1m): 86.68
- Cutout Diameter: 14 1/8"
- Mounting Depth: 7 1/2"
- Overall Diameter w/ Gasket: 15 5/8"
- Displacement: 0.17ft^3
- RMS: 600W
- Recommended Box Specs (Sealed): 2.5ft^3 (Yields F3 of 41Hz)
- Recommended Box Specs (Ported): 3.5ft^3 (Tune to 35Hz, Yields F3 of 28Hz)
- 19.0mm X‐Max by 70% BL method one‐way (38.0mm peak to peak)
- Thick black anodized aluminum voice coil formers for maximum strength and heat dissipation
- 4‐layer copper high temperature voice coil windings with 45mm winding length
- Double layer permanently bonded high strength Nomex spider pack for maximum longevity and durability
- Thick flat tinsel lead wires tied down to the spider to prevent lead noise and breakage
- Custom tooled triple joint support ring
- Custom tooled frame spacer / ventilation ring
- High efficiency air‐flow management integrated into the motor for maximum voice coil cooling
- Dual Aluminum Faraday rings for reduced inductance and inductive distortion (pole cap and magnet ID)
- Two‐Year Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
Specifications are measured after about 5 minutes of break-in time. You
will see the CMS loosen up another 33% after some serious play time
which will both reduce the FS and Qts figures of the drivers. Some Re
variance is shown based on coil temperature from break-in period. D2 is
closer to 4.0 in series and D4 7.0 in series at room temperature. This does not affect box calculations.
Box specifications are suggestions – other volumes and tunings can be
used based on the needs of your application. The SA series woofers are
compatible with most quality pre-fabricated enclosures as well. They
also lend themselves favorably to fourth order band-pass enclosures.
Please note that Free Shipping is within the continental US only.
Free ground shipping does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO military addresses and any US territories, including Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa.
Please contact us to inquire about the shipping cost to these locations.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included
in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight
(shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them
for additional shipping charges.
Each and every Sundown Audio product for sale on eBay.com by WooferEtc is covered under a 2 Year Warranty, and can be returned for a period of two years for warranty service. If you have purchased a product from us within the last two years, and it is failing to perform as intended by its manufacturer, please email customer service. You will be issued a Return Authorization Number. Returns will not be accepted without a previously issued RA#.
In order to maintain an inventory of 100%, Brand New, A-Stock, untouched products, all
final. We ask that you please be sure you are ordering the correct product.