An item that is used but still in very good condition. No damage to the jewel case or item cover, no scuffs, scratches, cracks, or holes. The cover art and liner notes are included. The VHS or DVD box is included. The video game instructions and box are included. The teeth of disk holder are undamaged. Minimal wear on the exterior of item. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“This product has passed our meticulous quality checks and is guaranteed to be in great condition.”|
|Genre:||Comedy & Spoken Word||Record Label:||Collectors' Choice Music|
|Style:||Music Comedy||Number of Discs:||3|
1. Smith & Wheeler) Sheik of Araby (after Snyder
2. I'm Going To Write Home (after Foster)
3. Three Little Words (after Ruby & Kalmar)
4. Redmond & Simon) You're A Sap Mister Jap (after Cavanaugh
5. Never Hit Your Grandma With A Shovel (after Hanemann)
6. Cocktails for Two (after Johnston & Coslow)
7. Mary Lou (after Lymann & Waggner)
8. after Drake, Hoffman & Livingston) He Broke My Heart In Three Places (She Broke My Heart In Three Places
9. McCaffrey & Ringle) Sailin' On The Robert E. Lee (after West
10. The (after Harris, Latham, Lee & Weston) Great Big Saw Came Nearer and Nearer
11. His Rocking Horse Ran Away (after Van Heusen & Burke)
12. Oh How She Lied To Me (after White & Donaldson)
13. Toot, Tootsie (Good-bye) (after Kahn, Erdman & Russo) Toot
14. You Always Hurt the One You Love (after Fisher & Roberts)
15. Chlo (Song of the Swamp) (after Gus Kahn & Niel Moret)
16. The (after Strauss) Blue Danube
17. That Old Black Magic (after Mercer & Arlen)
18. Holiday for Strings (after Rose)
19. No, Nora (after Erdman, Fiorito & Kahn) No
20. Hi Neighbor (after Owens)
21. Behind Those Swingin' Doors (after Allan)
22. Clink, Another Drink (after Carling & Ohman) Clink
23. Barstool Cowboy (after Walker)
24. Moo Woo Woo (after Porter & Heofle)
25. Fort Worth Jail (after Reinhardt)
26. Pass the Biscuits Mirandy (after Hoefle)
1. Over The Last Horizon (after Porter)
2. Don't Talk To Me About Women (after Porter & Hoefle)
3. Big Bad Bill (after Russell & Jones)
4. Trailer Annie (after Porter & Hoefle)
5. Siam (after Porter & Hoefle)
6. Cornia (with the City Slickers) Hotcha
7. Mable (after Stryder & Bunt) Hey
8. Dean, Snow & Statham) Boogie Woogie Cowboy (after Blair
9. Dodging a Gal from Dodge City (after Porter)
10. Serenade to a Jerk (after Porter)
11. Ridin' Home With You (after Hampton & Duning)
12. Now Laugh (after Porter)
13. That's What Makes The World Go Round (after Collins)
14. Don't Give The Chair To Buster (after Arquette)
15. Forty Eight Reasons Why (after Honeycomb)
16. De Camptown Races (with Gestures) (after Stephen Foster)
17. Blacksmith Song (after Carling & Boutelje)
18. Der Fuehrer's Face (after Oliver G. Wallace)
19. I Wanna Go Back to West Virginia (after Shannon & Crago)
20. Water Lou (after Del Porter)
21. St-St-St-Stella (after Kennedy & Nolan)
22. I Know A Story (after Washburne & Weems)
23. My Lady (after Del Porter) Hi-Ho
24. John Scotter Trot (after N. Scott)
25. Cheatin' on the Sandman (after McCrystal & Carris)
26. Girl I Left Behind Me (after D. Porter & Hoefle)
27. Camptown Races #2 (after Stephen Foster)
1. Josephine, In My Flying Machine (after Fisher & Bryan) Come
2. Love for Sale (after Cole Porter)
3. Moanin' Low (after Rainger & Dietz)
4. Keep Your Tail Up (after Hirsch & Kaplan) Horsey
5. Yankee Doodler (after Carling & Boutelje)
6. Down In Jungle Town (after Morse & Madden)
7. Whittle Out A Whistle (after Porter & Hoefle)
8. By the Beautiful Sea (after Carroll & Atteridge)
9. At Last I'm First With You (after Porter & Washburne)
10. Liebestraum (with Freddy Morgan)
11. City Slicker Polka (after Carling & Ohman)
12. Red Grow The Roses (after Porter & Washburne)
13. Jamboree Jones (after Mercer)
14. Down by the O-Hi-O (after Yellen & Olman)
15. Casey Jones (after Newton & Seibert)
16. The (After Robinson & Lincke) Glow Worm
17. Red Wing (after Chattaway & Mills)
18. Row, Row (after Jerome & Monaco) Row
19. Smile, Smile (after Asaf & Powell) Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile
20. They Go Wild Simply Wild Over Me (after Fisher & McCarthy)
21. Oh! By Jingo (after Von Tilzer & Brown)
22. It Had To Be You (after Jones & Kahn)
23. When Buddha Smiles (after N. Herb Brown)
24. Paddlin' Madelin' Home (after Woods)
25. Little Bo Peep Has Lost Her Jeep (after DeVol & Bowne)
26. Mizzy & Hoffman) Sailor With The Navy Blue Eyes (after Taylor
Spike Jones' free-for-all approach, satirizing and parodying everything in sight, came into its own during World War II, a time when his humor provided needed relief for troops abroad and those waiting at home. Not Your Standard Spike Jones Collection brings together three discs (over three hours of music) of material from radio transcriptions recorded during the war. It isn't surprising, then, that a number of Jones' songs poke fun at the enemy, nor that his first gold record was "Der Fuehrer's Face." While Carl Grayson's delivery, complete with a bad German accent, is funny enough, Jones' band's musical commentary provides the perfect backdrop. Of course, certain songs like "You're a Sap Mister Jap" will seem offensive today, but these transcriptions serve as a historical document as much as entertainment. There are also great versions of classics like "Sheik of Araby" and "That Old Black Magic," with Jones and his musical partners turning the most romantic song inside out. Bells, whistles, trombones, and banjos raise a ruckus, reminding one of a New Orleans jazz band that refuses to take its work seriously. Listeners will also not want to miss such oddities as "Boogie Woogie Cowboy" and "City Slicker Polka." The 79 selections on Not Your Standard Spike Jones Collection provide a welcome overview of the bandleader's work from the 1940s and a nice snapshot of the era. ~ Ronnie Lankford, Jr.
There are 1 items available. Please enter a number less than or equal to 1.
Select a valid country.
Please enter a valid ZIP Code.
Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code.
Shipping and handling
Standard Shipping (UPS Ground)
Estimated between Tue. Sep. 27 and Tue. Oct. 4
Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.
After receiving the item, contact seller within
Refund will be given as
Money back or replacement (buyer's choice)
Buyer pays return shipping
Return policy details
We use eBay’s return policy to make it simple and easy to shop with us. If you decide to return an item, then eBay’s system will guide you through the return process. When you contact it helps if you’re as descriptive as possible. We will then provide you with our returns address along with a unique reference number - you’ll need to make a note of these. If the purchased item is deemed to be different than the description and not as described then you won’t be responsible for any of the return shipping costs. Additionally, you will be entitled to a replacement item (if available) or a full refund -. If if you have a preference then please state it in your initial message to us.
|Payment method||Preferred / Accepted|
Enjoy more time to pay
Pay for your purchases when it's right for you. Choose PayPal Credit to pay all at once or enjoy the flexibility of paying over time with special financing offers.
For example, if your purchase qualifies, you could enjoy No Payments + No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on $99+.
Interest will be charged on your account from the posting date (which is usually within a few days after the purchase date) if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period. Subject to credit approval. See terms - opens in a new window or tab
Other offers may be available from time to time.
The lender for PayPal Credit accounts is Comenity Capital Bank.
Place your bid Help button.Click to expand the details about Quick bid?
Consider bidding the highest amount you're willing to pay. We'll bid for you, just enough to keep you in the lead. We'll keep your high bid amount hidden from everyone else.See moreButtonClick to expand the details about Quick bid
Here's how bidding works:
If the current bid is $20, and you bid $30, we bid $21 for you.
If no one else bids, you win and pay $21.
If someone else bids $31, we bid for you up to your max of $30.
Really want to win? Try raising your high bid amount.