A Standard In Any UPB Lighting Control System
Simply Automated’s Lamp Dimming Modules (UML series) deliver on/off and dimming control for lamps. They are plug-in modules designed to control 120VAC incandescent lamps based on UPB lighting and scene link commands received over the powerline.
Installation is simple: the module is plugged into a standard 120 VAC outlet of the lamp to be controlled is plugged into the bottom of the module. The connected lamp can then be manually controlled by a UPB switch or multi-button controller, or automatically controlled with a scheduler, I/O module or with any PC, security or home automation controller that provides a UPB serial driver software option.
Note: Not rated for fluorescent lights, fan and pump motor control.
The lighting scene commands are communicated using the highly-reliable Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) technology. UPB technology requires no new or special wiring. UPB devices – such as switches, multi-button controllers and schedulers – are easily integrated in to a new home or can replace switches and timers in an existing house. The powerline network is created and devices are added and configured with UPStart software. The solutions provide a flexible, low-costs alternative to hardwired or RF home lighting and automation strategies.
Simple plug-in installation
No new wires
- Receives UPB lighting scene commands over existing AC powerlines
- Controlled by UPB switches, multi-button controllers and PC, security and home automation controllers
UPB technology delivers...
- Exceptional reliability and noise immunity
- Lowest installed cost compared to hardwired and RF solutions
- No interference between adjacent homes
Easily configured or reconfigured with UPStart (PC) software
- Makes moving and changing the module easy
Manual Scene-Link changes with Rocker/Buttons
- Add or delete devices from scene with 7 or 8 taps
- Adjust linked devices’ light level and save with 7 tap
Standard model: UML-E-W
- 300W, on/off/dimming
- 2 conductor controlled outlet connection
- Switch sense trigger, turns on module when lamps’ switch is turned on twice
Manual scene-link modification: These capabilities are unique to Simply Automated devices. A user can easily change existing scenes, adding or removing devices and adjusting light levels, by pressing rockers/buttons in a specific sequence without using UPStart. See User Guide for details.
UPB Controllers From Simply Automated
Simply Automated, Inc (SAI) provides an ultra-reliable powerline-based control technology that is as easy to install as it is to use. Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) technology significantly improves the reliability of control applications in the home. Through diligent testing, field trials, and residential installations, UPB has been proven to be greater than 99.9% reliable, so you can install it and forget about it!
- Power: 120VAC +/- 10%, 60Hz
- Controlled Outlet:
- Max Load: 300W at 120VAC (2.5A)
- Min Load: 60W
- Output Type: Triac, 25A
- Operating Temperature: 30-120°F (0-50°C)
- Dimensions: 2.8"H x 2.3"W x 1.25"D (71 x 59 x 30mm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz (160g)
- Mounting: Plug-in