RACING "SMART TRE"
for your buck" performance upgrade, period.
This modification is intended for use on a closed race track by a professional
- Increases Horsepower, Torque and Throttle
- Longer & Smoother timing curve (helps a great deal when power shifting)
- No Flat Spots!
- Eliminates "rough idle" caused by standard TRE units.
- Eliminates the "Cold Start Feeling" that Suzuki's have on the lower gears.
- Modifies the timing map of the ECU for optimum performance.
- Compatible with Dyno Jet Power Commander.
- Removes the Factory Governor.
- Does not effect EFI even when using a Fuel Nanny, Shift Kit or Full Exhaust.
Units syncs up as soon as you plug it in.
- Excellent "Bang for your Buck" performance add-on.
- Easy 5 minute install. Plugs into stock wiring harness, no cutting or splicing
- Lifetime Replacement Warranty.
Fits the following models:
2001-2008 GSXR 600
2001-2008 GSXR 750
1998-2008 GSXR 750
2001-2008 GSXR 1000
1999-2007 Hayabusa GSX1300R
1998 and up TL1000R
1. If installed on a 2005-2006 GSXR 1000 or
a 2006-2009 GSXR 750 the gear indicator will read 5th gear in (all gears)
2. If installed on the 2006-2009 GSXR 600, 2007-09 GSXR 1000 or the 2008-09
Hayabusa the gear indicator will read 6th gear in (all gears)
WHAT IS "TRE"?
It stands for "Timing Retard Eliminator". Now, you should understand what
"timing" is and what we mean here. We're talking about the "timing" of when the
ignition spark occurs, relative the position of the piston. The optimum place
for the spark of ignition to occur is just a little bit before the piston hits
top dead center. If this "timing" is done just right, there is maximum torque
provided by the firing of that piston.
If the ignition is timed too early (a long time before top dead center) then the
fuel and air are ignited while the piston is still coming UP, so that a lot of
energy is wasted battling this upward momentum. This is called advancing the
If the spark occurs too late (any time after top dead center) then the piston is
ALREADY moving DOWN, the fuel/air mixture is NOT maximally compressed anymore,
and less "push" is obtained from the explosion. This is called "timing
retardation", or "timing retard". It gives you something less than maximal
torque. So the proper timing is crucial to maximize the "push" to the piston
(which translates directly into torque).
Suzuki has deliberately programmed the ECM for less than maximal torque in the
first three gears. Presumably, this is done to protect the rider from the full
power. What they've done is to "retard" the timing, or make the spark occur TOO
LATE, on purpose, so that maximal torque is NOT achieved.
The "TRE" removes this "retarding", to set the ignition spark back to the place
where it will give maximal torque, just before top dead center. Thus you have
"eliminated the timing retard". With this mod you will notice more power
possible in gears 1, 2, and 3. You'll notice SMOOTHER performance of the bike
without all that jerking and engine braking in those lower gears.