Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG OS Lens for Canon EF
This high grade lens has optical image stabilisation, a wide maximum aperture and inner focus and zoom, for easy handling. An ideal telephoto zoom lens for the serious photographer.
Large Aperture with Rounded Diaphragm
The maximum aperture of f2.8 on this 70-200mm lens gives extra light gathering power, useful in action photography or low light. The 9 rounded diaphragm blades also give a pleasing, natural appearance to out-of-focus areas – referred to as good “bokeh”.
Optical Stabilisation (OS)
The image stabiliser in this lens compensates shake enough to allow an extra four stops lower exposure to be used. Two modes are selectable. These are for general photography or panning which is useful in say motorsports.
Superb Optical Quality
The lens arrangement features the following for outstanding image quality:
- Two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) elements – matches the performance of fluorite lenses which correct secondary chromatic aberrations not achievable with ordinary optical glass
- Three SLD (Super Low Dispersion) elements
- Super Multi Layer coating to combat flare and ghosting at all focal lengths
HSM with Inner Focus
This lens is equipped with a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) for fast and quiet focusing. As focus and zooming are both internal mechanisms, the lens does not rotate or change size at all during focusing or zooming. In addition Full Time Manual Focus allows you to override the AF motor simply by twisting the focus barrel manually.
- Compact at just 197.6mm long
- Can attach Sigma APO teleconverters
- Hood Adapter supplied to make for better flare removal when using SLR bodies with APS-C sized sensors
- Lens Construction: 22 Elements in 17 Groups
- Angle of View: 34.3°-12.3°
- Diaphragm Blades: 9 (rounded)
- Minimum Aperture: f22
- Minimum Focus: 140cm
- Max Macro Magnification: 1:8