Please check my store listings for other items of interest
please be aware while this is a smoke free home, cats do live here - so if you have any allergies, please take that into consideration -
- AC Davey (A. C. Davey) lazy susan center dish
- vintage made in California pottery
- back is mareked A C Davey CALIF
- color is what I would describe as a speckled rose
- this piece would have been the center of a lazy susan - there would have been a dish on either side and a dish with lid that would have sat against the flat edge - I have one listed (the lidded dish that is) - I have owned 2 of the lidded dishes and this piece but have not found the side dishes - they do come up for auction from time to time
- this dish displays nicely on its own and it has somewhat of an atomic shape so ... like the cheese it can stand alone
- over all nice condition - I do not observe any damage - chips or cracks - if you hold the dish just right you can see some crazing lines that run the length of the dishes
- the dish measures 9 inches long - 1.5 inches high and 3 inches across at the narrow part of the base and 8.5 inches across at the widest
- nice addition to your mid century kitchen collection
- 2012 may be the year of the dragon - and for me - it is the year of slaying the dragon of too much stuff - there must be a concentrated effort of clearing spaces - step by step - space by space - which now is in acceleration mode to accomodate the sale or remodel of this house - listings will be coming to ebay in clusters -
- I have hundreds - reluctant to say thousands of items left to list - it is overwhelming but I made a promise to myself after encouragement from a friend of mine ... love him to pieces - and I give him credit for the inspiration behind the listings - I am more aggressively letting go of the past ... and letting my things go to someone who will enjoy them - it is either here on ebay or hiring someone to conduct a living estate sale for me ... and right now I do not want to pay those fees
- please check back often or bookmark as a favorite seller as I work through the clearing the treasures from more spaces - I have a lot of stuff neatly put away - my items need a new home with someone who will appreciate them -
- any questions - just ask - but please ask before bidding!!!!
Please read the following information - It is for YOUR benefit:
HELPFUL HINTS TO BUYERS NEW AND OLD BASED ON RECENT TRANSACTIONS
I only mail to the address on your paypal account - I use the paypal payment information to address your package - please make sure it is up to date
I only accept paypal payments - that is a safety net for everyone involved
My work schedule and locations do not afford me the option of local pick up
Each listing typically has at least 2 shipping options - you may select based on your need for speed or money savings
Please use the contact member feature on the ebay listing to get in touch with me - and I encourage you to reply from your ebay account and not your email account - sometimes the email replies go to the email black hole and I do not get them
In the event you experience buyer's remorse, please own it - just tell me you changed your mind and do not want the item - and we can use the Resolution Center to resolve the issue - the latest I have been experiencing is a buyer having a damaged item in their possession - buy my new item and then claim it was damaged in transit and file a claim and send their old, used, broken item back to get a refund - happening more and more
Please read the balance of information in this listing - it tells you about combined shipping - when feedback is left - relisted items and many other questions you may want answers to
Regarding Payment Terms
I expect payment within 5 days of auction end or at least some communication from the winning bidder about when they will be sending payment. Check your ebay account for your invoice.
Any questions - please ask
Regarding Shipping & Shipping During Hurricane Season
My home is located half way between the cities of Houston and Galveston Texas. While this may seem unimportant to you as a buyer ... it is VERY important during hurricane season. If a storm heads in this direction, many services are stopped - such as postal delivery - or with heavy rains there is flooding which impacts the ability to get to the post office. This may result in a delay in your package being shipped. This is all a worst case scenario - but I want you as a buyer to be informed - especially if you have not had the opportunity to reason with hurricane season.
As for the rest of the shipping ...
I mail using the U.S. Post Office Only
Each of my listings has at least 2 shipping options based on the weight of the package - if you are reviewing the description in the listing - there is a tab to the right of the description tab that states Shipping and Payment - click on that tab and you can determine shipping to your destination - and the various options that are available - you can change the Country - change the Zip Code, etc
I do charge $1 per package that I ship - that amount is included in the calculated shipping fees that you see on ebay. That one dollar covers the cost of delivery confirmation for domestic packages and helps offset the cost of packing materials, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, tissue paper, tape, etc. My shipping rates are based on the US Post Office rates.
This listing includes an additional $1.85 shipping cost to cover insurance for US buyers up to $50.00 - that is included in the handling fee -
Each item is carefully packed before shipping. I try and wrap each item like I would like to have the item shipped to me. I use a combination of bubble wrap, packing peanuts, tissue paper, easter grass and recycled plastic (dry cleaner or grocery bags) for packing materials depending on the item's shape and size. I would love it if you would recycle the materials as can be - keeping us green - use the materials for craft projects or some other fun stuff. Please be careful when opening - while I pack well I would hate to have something get damaged because it got dropped to the floor after it gets to you - and it has happened.
I try and send a notification email the day I send your package - it may be the next day - the email will give you the date I mailed the package. I also will add the USPS tracking number to the listing at that time as well. In the event that I have refunded postage that information will be included in the email also.
Please use the shipping calculator before you bid - I do weigh the items before I list them and the amount includes the weight of the packing, etc. I do not make money on shipping - in the event the actual shipping is less, I do refund the difference - check my feedback
Regarding shipping time, it is clearly stated in the listing that it may take as long as 5 business days to ship your item once payment has cleared. (not all electronic payments are instant - check your account). That does not include the post office transport time and clearing customs. Please bear that it mind when selecting my listings and leaving feedback. Sometimes I get the items out sooner ... but I can not guarantee it based on my work schedule.
I do combine shipping on multiple auction wins and store listing purchases - let me know when you are through shopping and I will send you an invoice.
Please check with your customs office regarding estimated time frames for your package to clear your country's customs - some may take several weeks to more than a couple of months depending on their package back log. Please bear that in mind when buying items - It certainly impacts delivery time!
Regarding My Store ... Christine's Closets ... aka the Reason behind the listings
I established an ebay store so that I could keep my selling costs low. I am not a retailer and I do not have a brick & mortar store. I am a recovering compulsive shopper. My listings are items that I have purchased in the past. By listing them here I can recover some of the cash that I spent and pay off the bills. With input from a number of sources including: can I afford it? til debt do us part, from a place of yes, hoarders, clean sweep, estate sales and a person who probably knows me better than I know myself - I know that I own way more than I will ever need and or use. Walking in this house you would have no clue as to how many items I really own - everything is neatly put away - lots of open space - you would not know. My friend was shocked when I said I had over 700 listings (and that does not scratch the surface of what I own). Ebay is my vehicle to let go of the past and improve my future.
Airing my dirty laundry so to speak is that I need to pay off some debt, increase the savings, save some money for fun and evaluate what is really important to me. I have realized my happiest times were living in an 800 square foot apartment or the 900 square foot house with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath and the damp, musty basement. I still love the basement smell although I have not been in that basement since 1985. There is no basement in this house nor do the items I sell have the "basement smell". Back then there were very few material possessions but I was really happy and I want that back - not necessarily the small square footage - just less stuff and more happiness.
The letter at the beginning of each title is a reference to the storage container where the item is located in my home. It was the only way to keep up with over 900 listings.
Return Policy - Feedback - Account Updates
All sales are final unless an item is grossly misrepresented. I do my best to give you a complete description of the item. Please look at the photo - If you have questions about an item or need clarification, please ask before you bid. If you would like more photos - ASK.
I leave feedback on Sundays - I also relist unsold items on Sunday - if you missed something, please check back then - I usually only have one of whatever I am listing - so if it sells that may be the last one - there have been a handful of times I have found a duplicate hiding in a drawer or closet and those would also be relisted on Sundays.
Many thanks for considering a listing from Padre38 aka Christine's Closets
goal: h0612 p1212 r0716 b0618 or 0627
my love lies with all things Blue, HPD, Cushman and a few other sentimental pieces