Details about Proxim 9200-AM0, MeshMAX 5054WMSee original listing
Apr 16, 2012 08:42:10 PDT
Seattle, WA, United States
9200-AM0 MeshMAX 5054WM
|Supported Wireless Protocols:||
Wi-Fi 802.11a, Wi-Fi 802.11b, Wi-Fi 802.11g
THIS UNIT HAS NEVER BEEN USED STILL IN ORIGINAL BOX.
9200-AM0, MeshMAX 5054WM; supporting 5GHz Unlicensed WiMAX, 5GHz Mesh backhaul and 2.4GHz Client Access; US
As the market demand for city or campus wide mobile connectivity, security, and network scalability increases, there is an escalating need for carrier-grade wireless broadband solutions to provide best of breed in wireless distribution and access technologies. Proxim's MeshMAX 5054 integrates three technologies in one unit! The new MeshMAX 5054 product is a tri-radio outdoor device, offering Wi-Fi connectivity for access, Wi-Fi mesh gateway for network redundancy and a high capacity, carrier-class WiMAX link in the unlicensed 5GHz frequencies for backhaul and high speed vehicular roaming. The convergence of these three technologies delivers end-to-end QoS for triple-play applications and reduction in total cost of ownership.
The MeshMAX 5054 WM consists of one radio for WiMAX backhaul in the unlicensed 5 GHz range, one radio for Wi-Fi Mesh and one radio for 802.11b/g Wi-Fi access. Expanding Wi-Fi coverage, the 5054W includes one radio for WiMAX backhaul and two radios for tri-mode Wi-Fi access, supporting 802.11 b/g clients. The MeshMAX 5054 provides an optimal solution which brings internet connectivity and applications to where the customers are and where they want to be.
Enables WiMAX and Wi-Fi Applications with Mobile Roaming
Drawing on Proxim's expertise in WiMAX and Wi-Fi Mesh Technologies, the MeshMAX product line encapsulates the best in class features of the award winning Tsunami point to point and ORiNOCO mesh product families. Proxim is uniquely positioned to offer this leading-edge product given our extensive experience in delivering Wi-Fi and WiMAX solutions.
* End-to-end product portfolio consisting of WLAN, Wi-Fi Mesh, WiMAX and Point-to-Point
* Based on the award winning Tsunami MP.11 and Wi-Fi certified ORiNOCO access points
* Tri-radio design provides one radio for unlicensed 5 MHz WiMAX backhaul for distribution, one radio for Wi-Fi mesh link and one radio for exclusive Wi-Fi access traffic
* End-to-end QoS from access to distribution to support voice and video
- IEEE 802.11e draft QoS support for access and enhanced QoS on mesh link
- IEEE 802.16e QoS support for WiMAX wireless backhaul link
- 802.1d to 802.1p priority mapping and 802.1d to IP DSCP mapping
* Low latency enables VoIP
* Enhanced security with AES encryption protects over the air transmission on all three links
* Fast handoff at speeds up to 200 km per hour (120 miles per hour) with handoff times as low as 40 ms enables mobile roaming applications such as public safety networks, transportation systems monitoring and mobile security and surveillance
* Scalable, flexible end to end Proxim solutions allow for ease in expansion of network
- Service Provider can expand WiMAX network coverage with MeshMAX by extending their network utilizing Wi-Fi mesh
- Enterprise WiMAX subscribers can extend internet access to local clients through Wi-Fi hotspot
Simplifies Network Architecture, Deployment and Management
Reducing network complexity, minimizing time of deployment and increasing ease of installation, the MeshMAX accelerates the network operator's time to money.
* Less nodes to install, deploy and manage
* Centralized remote management support with ProximVision[tm] Network Management System
* Provides consistent deployment and user experience to Tsunami[tm] MP.11 and ORiNOCO Mesh Access
Point product lines
* Reduces downtime and network troubleshooting compared to multi-vendor WiMAX and Wi-Fi Mesh network Significantly Reduces Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
* Lowest deployment cost per square mile
* Reducing the number of nodes decreases installation and management time and minimizes associated costs
* Low power consumption and solar power options reduce operating expenses