This is a POW MIA "SOME GAVE ALL" EMBROIDERED PATCH, size: 3.75". VERY SPECIAL, New item, with iron-one backing, sealed in poly bag.
A NICKEL FROM THE SALE OF THIS ITEM WILL BE DONATED TO:
Copy of Receipt available each month on the 20th to anyone who asks for it.
The National League of POW/MIA Families
1005 North Glebe Road, Suite 170
Arlington, Virginia 22201
In 1971, Mrs. Michael Hoff, an MIA wife and member of the National League of Families, recognized the need for a symbol of our POW/MIAs. Prompted by an article in the Jacksonville, Florida Times-Union, Mrs. Hoff contacted Norman Rivkees, Vice President of Annin & Company which had made a banner for the newest member of the United Nations, the People’s Republic of China, as a part of their policy to provide flags to all United Nations members states. Mrs. Hoff found Mr. Rivkees very sympathetic to the POW/MIA issue, and he, along with Annin’s advertising agency, designed a flag to represent our missing men. Following League approval, the flags were manufactured for distribution.
On March 9, 1989, an official League flag, which flew over the White House on 1988 National POW/MIA Recognition Day, was installed in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda as a result of legislation passed overwhelmingly during the 100th Congress. In a demonstration of bipartisan Congressional support, the leadership of both Houses hosted the installation ceremony.
The League’s POW/MIA flag is the only flag ever displayed in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda where it will stand as a powerful symbol of national commitment to America’s POW/MIAs until the fullest possible accounting has been achieved for U.S. personnel still missing and unaccounted for from the Vietnam War.
On Aug. 10, 1990, the 101st Congress passed US Public Law 101-355, recognized the POW/MIA flag and designated it "as the symbol of our Nation’s concern and commitment to resolving as fully as possible the fates of Americans still prisoner, missing and unaccounted for in Southeast Asia, thus ending the uncertainty for their families and the Nation".
The patch will make a great addition to your US ARMED FORCES collection. You find only NO-RESERVE auctions here, so you bid to buy. Please click here to see more great items
- US DOMESTIC SHIPPING: $1.99 S/H for the first patch. Please ask for combined shipping invoice if you selected multiple items from MY eBay STORE
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: $1.99 S/H for the first patch to Australia, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and most European countries. We ship world wide.
- COMBINED SHIPPING: Please ask for combined invoice so we can combine your orders from MY eBay STORE and save you on S/H. We will work with you to get you the items you purchased as fast as possible.
- RAPID TURN-AROUND: All order shipped within 24-hrs after payment clears, Monday-Friday. We also do Global Priority Mail and Global Express Mail on special request.
- INSURANCE: is included with S/H for item value less than $15, some restrictions may apply, please ask for details for order value greater than $15.
- YOUR BID: Your bid is a binding contract, please do agree with these payment terms.
- FEED BACKS: We work very hard to make a honest income on eBay. Things happen and human error occurs, so we will work double time to correct any problem that may have happened. We will not stop working with you untill you are 100% satisfied. Please do contact us before you leave any permanent mark on our record.