- Size: 2'3" x 3'
- Color: Red
Beautiful Needle Point and Pettit Point Cloisters style unicorn Tapestry. Red background featuring central unicorn, and allover floral motif with intricate detail to flowers, blossoms, plants and tree. Colors include blues, golds, browns, greens, pinks, yellow, ivory, and cream.
Excellent craftsmanship and flawlessly made. As new condition, however is believed to be about 20 years old. Size is 2' 3" x 3'. Perfect wall hanging / tapestry, even incorperating a "castle style" shape on top.
We will include the brass rod photographed.
* We hereby certify that all Persian carpets are being offered for sale solely from stock in the United States. Such stock has been in the United States and fully owned by the company since prior to September 29, 2010 and is offered for sale only in full compliance with the CISADA of 2010.
Why purchase from Oriental Rug Liquidators?
- ... Quality ...
- Designer & Heilroom quality Hand Made knotted rugs
- ... Value ...
- Lowest negotiated Prices for Online sale
- ... Satisfaction ...
- 14 Days Money Back return policy on most orders over $1,600*
- ... Authentic ...
- Guaranteed Age, Country of Origin, & Statements of Authenticity
- ... Expedited ...
- Ground Shipment is Quick & always Fully Insured
- ... Trusted ...
- Over 90 years of experience in Hand Knotted rugs
What to Consider When Purchasing a Hand Knotted Rug
Since opening our eBay store in 2003, we have consistently provided our customers with the safest and most valued rug buys on eBay.
Our best customers are those in search of outstanding value on investment, and those who are familiar with, and educated about, hand knotted Oriental rugs. We consistently provide quality merchandise at highly competitive price points at nearly every investment level.
Know when shopping online: While reputation and feedback of the seller may be one measure of trust, unfortunately, it is not always the best.
Oriental Rugs are a "blind item", meaning they are unbranded, typically unique and not necessarily made to specific standards. Online purchases of such items are often based on inadequate information, misrepresentations and/or poor photographs. This translates to a misunderstood 'bargain' and, often no bargain at all!
Back to the item description >
About Oriental Rug Liquidators
- Rug Rag Associate (RRA)
- Platinum Seller
- of Oriental Rugs
Oriental Rug Liquidators (ORL) is an eBay Store featuring overstock, discount and liquidation rugs. Items represented in our store are from leading importers and retailers: In-stock items being available at absolute rock bottom, liquidation or final sale prices.
Our goal is to turn excess inventory at substantially reduced prices for customers while accurately and honestly describing the inventory listed in our store. Oriental Rug Liquidators operates in the most ethical manner possible following standards and guidelines established for online Oriental Rug sellers by the leader in independent, online Oriental Rug evaluations, RugRag.com.
Unreputable sellers may use a variety of dishonest tactics including "grey areas" of description that result in product misrepresentation. These include "retail price" inflation, age exaggeration, incorrect knot count, misleading attribution of design and/or origin and "cover up" repairs. Such misrepresentations may seriously affect both perceived and real value.
We believe third party review of our store items is in the best interest of the public, the online market, and the Oriental rug industry as a whole. As of March 25, 2009, Oriental Rug Liquidators will begin to display items with Oriental rug photograph criteria and descriptive standards established by RugRag.com for the purpose of properly identifying the rugs represented in this store. It is our pleasure to work with Rug Rag as a Verified Rug Seller with unique, independent evaluations to certify authenticity of any inventory added to our eBay store.
Back to the item description >
Learn about Our Rugs & Carpets
Sizes exclude fringe and may, in some cases, be “pre-wash” sizes. Depending on the vintage, origin and type, a noticeable amount of shrinkage may occur during the washing / drying process. This may translate to a reduction of approximately 6" in length, and 2-4" in width for rugs as large as 12’ x 20’. For smaller rugs such size reduction will be proportionately less. If absolute size is critical, and slight differences affect your buying decision, please contact us for specific measurements or additional information. Please note: due to the size of many of these carpets, some images may have been unintentionally cropped, rest assured they are full and complete rugs.
Nature of Rugs:
Due to the organic nature of the wool pile in Oriental Rugs and the manner in which they are made, there may be lighter or darker areas seen in photographs. These are not defects in the rug, nor are they a sign of wear: We do not represent used or shop-worn merchandise without reference.
Often times, storage or shipping may cause a rug to have creases or “fold-marks”. Rest assured, through use and enjoyment of your rug, the natural wool fiber of your rug's pile will gradually release such creases. Some Oriental rugs have streaks with varied background color. These color changes are called “abrashes” and, if severe or heavy, will be noted in our descriptions.
Rugs with Age:
The majority of our goods are being sold as “new old stock”. This means the rug(s) have been kept in inventory, unused, since importation, except for occasional opening for inspection. This is true for most of the Kermans and Sarouks listed which, in some cases, may be upwards of 50 years in age.
Unless otherwise noted, all of our inventory is in excellent / mint condition, and will be the actual rug you receive.
Back to the item description >
Oriental Rug Liquidators Policies
- We encourage anyone with additional questions about exact condition, size, colors, or other questions affecting your decision, to contact us prior to purchase. We are willing to provide higher resolution photographs upon request to any serious buyer. Many of the rugs are very large and heavy, wrapped, stored and ready for shipment. Therefore, we appreciate your consideration of all factors, including price prior to requesting additional photos that may require opening stored goods. In cases where we show “stock photos” (i.e. not the actual photo from the item up for sale) to represent the item for sale, appropriate mention will be made in the listing. In such cases the actual item may vary slightly in colors and or scaling of design.
- Terms of Sale:
- All items are sold in "as-is" condition. We have described our items as accurately as possible. Any questions or concerns you might have should be asked prior to bidding or purchasing. It is the responsibility of the buyer to make any inquiries regarding colors (due to computer monitor variations), size, design, quality or any other feature which might influence your buying decision. The seller will not be responsible for any incorrect assumptions the buyer may make.
Frequently Asked Questions
We strongly encourage all potential buyers to carefully read each of our Frequently Asked Questions as well as our "Shipping and Payment" tab seen directly above. Should any of our policies be unclear, contact us directly. In select listings (perhaps including or not including this item) we may offer free shipping and/or option for return.
Due to our freight carriers in addition to the size and weight of some items at hand, location restrictions may apply. We reserve the right to evaluate and/or cancel sale based upon restrictions as we see fit. In the instance returns are accepted, buyers are responsible for original and return shipping, handling and insurance fees.
- FAQ Listing References
- What is "New Old Stock"?
- The majority of our goods are being sold as “new old stock”. This means the rug(s) have been kept in inventory, unused, since importation, except for occasional opening for inspection. This is true for most rugs, including those upwards of 50 + years of age. Unless otherwise noted, all inventory is in near mint/mint condition.
- Are these rugs 'Seconds Goods'?
- Unlike many items you may find on eBay, we do not represent 'seconds goods,' used or shop-worn merchandise without proper reference. Merchandise advertised is an aggregation of inventories from very exacting importers, and have no secondary qualities about them unless we have made note.
- Are Sizes Exact?
- Sizes exclude fringe and may, in some cases, be “pre-wash” sizes. Depending on the vintage, origin and type, a noticeable amount of shrinkage may occur during the washing / drying process. This may translate to a reduction of approximately 6" in length, and 2-4" in width for rugs as large as 12’ x 20’.
- Do you have more photos?
- We are willing to provide higher resolution photographs upon request to any serious buyer. Many of the rugs are very large and heavy, wrapped, stored and ready for shipment. We encourage anyone with questions on exact condition, size, colors, or other criteria affecting a decision, to consider these prior to asking for more photographs.
- Is the rug photographed the rug I will receive?
- In cases where we show “stock photos” (i.e. not the actual photo from the item up for sale) to represent the item for sale, appropriate mention will be made in the listing. In such cases, the actual item may vary slightly in colors and or scaling of design.
- What are the actual colors of this rug?
- We have found discrepancies in monitors can vastly affect perceived colors. In the instance of needing additional color input, we can provide a written description of such in e-mail. This may in fact be preferable to images. In general, we strongly encourage any shopper with rigid color palette to not purchase online.
- Why is the rug not shown in its entirety?
- Due to the size of many of these carpets, some images may have been unintentionally cropped. Rest assured, they are full and complete rugs unless otherwise noted.
- Does this rug come in other sizes?
- Rugs featured may in fact be available in other sizes, although the lack of online representation may indicate they are not overstock items. Contact for details.
- Does this rug come in other colors?
- Rugs featured in fact be available in other colors. However, we strongly encourage buyers to review rugs in our store prior to requesting images. Additionally, the lack of online representation of a different color may indicate they are not overstock items. Contact for details.
- Why are some areas lighter than others? Is this Worn?
- All rugs are being sold New Old Stock unless otherwise noted. Due to the organic nature of the wool pile in Oriental Rugs and the manner in which they are made, there may be lighter or darker areas seen in photographs. These are not defects in the rug nor are they a sign of wear.
Storage or shipping may cause a rug to have creases or “fold-marks”. Rest assured, through use and enjoyment of your rug, the natural wool fiber of your rug's pile will gradually release such creases.
- Horizontal lines?
- In the general rug world, select rugs have lines with varied background color. These color changes are called “abrashes.” If severe or heavy, these will be noted in our descriptions
- May I see the rug in person?
- No. Due to the nature of our business and in an effort to keep prices low, in person viewing is not available under any circumstance.
- Are your Persian Rugs "Illegal"?
- We hereby certify that all Persian carpets are being offered for sale solely from stock in the United States. Such stock has been in the United States and fully owned by the compan(ies) since prior to September 29, 2010 and is offered for sale only in full compliance with the CISADA of 2010.
- FAQ Shipping & Receiving Items
- Is local pick-up available?
- Local pick-up is available, but is not to be used as 'viewing' as the item will be sold as-is, where-is, all sales final. If the auction states there is a return policy, by opting for local pick-up, you will forgo the option for return. The item must be paid in full (including taxes), and for considerably large rugs, handling fees may also apply.
- Do you combine shipping?
- How do you ship?
- Our standard carrier is UPS Ground. Items over 150lbs will be shipped via freight of our choice. Please note, common carriers typically make 'curbside' or loading dock deliveries. You may have the option for upgrade to 'lift gate' or 'white glove' deliveries, which may be available at higher the noted cost.
- Do you ship Internationally? (outside U.S.)
- Provided you have a shipping agent and customs broker, we do ship outside the continental USA. We will provide commercial invoices, and communicate with your designated agents. NORMAL SHIPPING FEES DO NOT APPLY. SEE Q&A for costs of shipping below.
- How much to ship International?
- Although we will provide approximate dimensions and final weight, we do not research shipping costs for international buyers. Handling fees (special packing) will be determined on an item by item basis. For international shipments, a commercial invoice processing fee of $35 will be added to your final invoice.
- Why is the cost of pick-up the same or more than shipping?
- Due to the nature of our business featuring items from several importers, there will more than likely be some sort of transportation involved in meeting at our central location. In some cases, shipping is the easiest, most convenient and cost effective way to receive your rug. In other instances, local pick-up could save a tremendous amount.
- How is the rug wrapped?
- Depending on the distance and type of carrier, we make take different precautions. However, we can assure you at a minimum, your rug will have thick gauge brown paper, wrapped in a very thick, opaque plastic. Oversize rugs are shipped on wooden platforms, belted down and static sealed with corners buffered by padding.
- Do I need to be present for delivery?
- We highly recommend you trace the progress of your shipment to be present upon delivery.
- FAQ Payments
- Can I pay with a eBay gift card or gift certificate?
- Yes, you can pay for this item with an eBay gift card or gift certificate.
- How do I confirm that my eBay gift card, gift certificate or coupon was applied to my order?
- Your coupon, gift card, or gift certificate will be applied during checkout. After you purchase the item, you can go to order details in My eBay to verify this information.
- My address is PayPal Unconfirmed, Unverified or a Military Base.
- Out of both your protection and ours, we will only ship to confirmed, verified, non-government residences.
- How do I pay for my purchase?
- We accept PayPal. Out of both your protection and ours, we will only ship to confirmed and verified addresses. Returns for International Shipments including AK, HI, PR. All sales are final for purchasers outside the continental United States, even if noted otherwise in the auction.
- What if my address is unconfirmed?
- We may ask for additional forms of identification for your protection and ours. Any and all forms of accepted documentation will be handled with the utmost care & privacy.
- FAQ Returns
- Are returns allowed?
- Unless otherwise noted in the auction, and with exceptions to international buyers, local pick-ups and customers outside the continental United States, returns are allowed for items
with a final sale price over $1,600.00 not including shipping and handling. A buyer must request and receive an RMA before returning an item.
- How does your return policy work for shipping costs?
- In many of our listings, we have either partially or fully absorbed the actual cost of shipping and handling. Please contact us for the actual cost prior to purchase as it may be more than stated. Should you decide to return the rug, you will be responsible for all original and future shipping costs, handling fees and insurance.
- Do you have a restocking fee?
- Provided the rug is marked as returns accepted in the listing, meets our criteria for geographical acceptance, and other criteria including being returned in the same condition the item was sent out, there is no restocking fee. Please see details on shipping conditions.
- How many days may we have the rug for before returning?
- You may have the rug for one week. Time is tracked by UPS delivery confirmation and return tracking number when the rug is sent back to us. If a rug is sent later than expected, we reserve the right to refuse acceptance.
- FAQ Terms & Conditions
- What are your general terms and conditions?
- All items are sold in "as-is" condition. We have described our items as accurately as possible. Any questions or concerns you might have should be asked prior to bidding or purchasing. We are not responsible for assumptions buyers may make, including exact size, design, quality, or any other feature which may influence your purchasing decision.
Back to the item description >