National Geographic May 1986
CONDITION – Very good, clean light wear
· The Serengeti
o A Photographic Portfolio
o The Glory of Life – The endless drama of Africa’s great animal preserve is captured by photographer Mitsauki Iwago. Author Shana Alexander attunes herself to the area’s timeless rhythms of predator and prey, and finds poachers upsetting a once balanced ecosystem.
· Rising, Shining Tennessee – New industry and a fresh appreciation of down-home values lift the Volunteer State toward a brighter time, Priit Vesilind and photographer Karen Kasmauski report.
· When the Earth Moves – Shifting crustal plates trigger cataclysms that take more than 32,000 lives in Mexico and Colombia, raising questions about man’s ability to forecast natural catastrophe.
· Eruption on Columbia – Volcanic heat melts glacier ice, releasing a mudflow that engulfs the town of Armero. Bart McDowell and photographer Steve Raymer survey the disaster scene.
· Earthquake in Mexico – A continent-wrenching jolt registering 8.1 on the Richter scale kills more than 9,000. By Allen A Boraiko, with photographs by James L Stanfield and Guillermo Aldana E.
· Newfoundland: The Enduring Rock – Wedded to the sea, Canada’s least developed province pins its hope—and fears—on off-shore oil, Harry Thurston relates. Photographs by Yva Momatiuk and John Eastcott.
COVER – A lioness and her cub bask in the protection of the Serengeti, Africa’s premier wildlife haven. Photo by Mitsuaki Iwago.
I will ship internationally
Items must be paid for within 10 days from close of sale. Ohio residents will be charged sales tax. I accept Paypal. Items will usually be shipped within 2 business days after receipt of payment. To find shipping rates please use the shipping calculator. Multiple item shipping discounts available.
Please check my auctions and store for additional merchandise.