This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tabThis amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tab
Your are bidding on DIAGNOSIS OF SERVIVE ONLY, for your Nakamichi dragon deck only !! Cost JUST DEPOSIT ONLY AND TOTAL COST DEPEND ON ISSUES AND PARTS NEEDED for complete overhaul of tape transport, all rubber parts replace and transport rebuilt, full repair tuneup and alignment. Pretty much can fix almost any problem with Nakamichi dragon with belts, idler tire and stuck pinch roller assy and auto stop system not working due to blown 12v lamp, capacitors, been restoring a few dragons for a while and pretty much know how to fix most problem with them also will do alignment, using gauges and factory test tapes and have service manuels for almost any model. Keep in mind full restoration is needed to get them within specs as these are over 20-30 years old and components do fail, or no longer within specs.
Deposit of $25 will be deducted and goes toward total cost of repair .
If you have problem with no record, channel doesn't work or low audio, speed is slow or to fast, fast Forward / Rewind, no auto reverse, or dull sounding, NACC clicking, play and stop, no engaged pinch roller you need repair. I will overhaul the mechanism and replace capacitors, readjust electronics in the cassette deck. I will replace idler & belt, pinch rollers. I also clean the controls & lubricate the what needed in the mechanism . Also check speed speed and alignment after work been completed. Your deck will run like it came from factory. The only thing is IC's, broken plastic pieces will be a extra charge due to cost involve, as parts are harder to find.
How it works
1. You will pay a deposit cost of $25 toward repair for full restoration and overhaul of transport and cost will depend on issue, electronics inside deck and full alignment, using require alignment tapes, gauges and equipment.
2. I will email you, or call you with address to sent cassette deck, you must double box and bubble wrap and sent with tracking #
3. Replacement of rubber parts involve in transport and electronics overhaul which involve capacitors replacement full alignment and cleaning of contacts and deck, crack plastic parts, or IC's, which are hard to come by and require another deck.
4. Will go thur whole deck and overhaul transport, replace capacitors, do full alignment on transport and electronic inside deck and check to make sure within specs to service manual as I do have the test equipment, test tapes and gauges required to preform service, one of the only few master technician around. Will be almost impossible to find someone local that will do the quailty and level of work require to preform service on a complex deck.
5. Turnaround time for transport rebuilt only, is 2-3 week, or full restoration and tuning 30-60 days, due to take time to do full restoration as I go thur the whole deck to make sure within spec, or better. Then run the unit for a few hours to make sure no issues, but will be worth the wait as deck sure last a while after work been done.
6. Will shipped back with insurances.
7. Customer pays shipping both ways.
8. 6 months warranty on restoration that was done to your deck only, does not cover if IC's or transformer or damage cause by external forces including you!!
9. Video of a couple repairs done
10. Not responsible for any damage done during transit to workshop, please use a few layers of bubble wrap and box with dual walls, or dual boxes bigger then item being shipped to avoid shipping damage. Avoid using peanuts in packing, due to ESD issues and also makes for a mess.
Will also service the following, 480,730, BX series, LX series, CR series, Dragon, MR-1, MR-2, look at other listing
Please keep in mind that some cassette decks are beyond repair and sometimes parts can't be source out, like custom IC's that go bad, but will try my best to inform you and find a good solution when possible. I cannot be held responsible, but I try to minimize situation as much as possible.
I would be happy to answer most question.
I been working on various electronics equipment for years and am a engineer and master technician, so can pretty much service just about anything to component level and fix issue most can't and not just the quick fixes that others offer and can fix most issues, so long as I can obtain the parts. Do work on other brands, feel free to ask, also feel free to tell me the issue with your deck before hitting but-it-now and can tell you if I can service it or not based on problem, before you even sent it out and occuring a cost. In some case will require item to be sent out if it's a unknown issue.
6 months warranty on full restoration work done to your deck only, does not cover transformer or IC's, or damage done by external forces including you!! Warranty just incase a part that I install fail for some reason, which is rare, as I run deck for a few hours after restoration, to check for any problems.
Terms & returns policy
No returns are allowed on software and consumables or (labels, ribbons, receipt papers, toner, ink, batteries and other consumables).
Warranty: 30 days from date received, for items that are DOA or repairs only.
Orders are shipped by USPS, UPS or fedex from United States within two business day after the payment is finished
Must pay with three days of winning the Auction, if you can't for some reason, please email me before bidding.
Payment with PayPal, you must have a confirmed address! I DO NOT ACCEPT 3rd PARTY PAYMENTS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any duties or customs fees on international orders, will be the responsibility of the buyer not the seller, will not falsify customs forms, due to legal reasons!
Anyone bidding international, must contact me first before bidding for cost of shipping, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Thanks for looking, happy bidding!
Questions and answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your max bid:
Your max bid:
By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agree to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.