Astrology: Secrets in the Stars (DVD, 2005)
Item Condition: Brand New|
- Since the dawn of time, humankind has looked to the heavens for answers to earthly problems. Yet, the important question remains: Do the movements of the stars and planets really hold the secrets of human destiny?
- In this captivating program from A&E, experts reveal how the pseudo-science of astrology originated over 4,000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent, and how today's conception of the zodiac remains essentially unchanged from the system developed by the ancient Babylonians. Trace the tantalizing evidence of famous predictions from the past that appear to have come true, and hear from skeptics why they believe this "evidence" should be taken with a grain of salt. Astrology: Secrets in the Stars takes a fascinating look into the age-old study that continues to both captivate and provoke millions of people across the globe.
This is an authentic U.S./Canada DVD. It is not a bootleg or cheap import.
- Why buy from us?
- SERVICE: Customer service is our #1 priority! We are proud of our small size because it enables us to better serve our customers. We truly care about your satisfaction! All questions are answered within 24 hours and almost all orders are shipped within one business day.
- QUALITY: We go above and beyond most sellers in our commitment to quality. We closely inspect every used DVD we sell, and rigorously test all DVDs found to have significant scratches. We know how frustrating it is when you have to return a DVD that doesn't work, and that's why we do everything in our power to make sure you never have to.
- PRICE: Service and quality are our top priorities, but we still strive to offer competitive prices. We are also happy to offer combined shipping discounts (see below for details).
- PEACE OF MIND: Best service, top quality, and competitive prices: all together, these equal peace of mind. And if those promises aren't enough, we also offer a generous 30-day return guarantee. If your product is defective, we will refund all your costs, even return shipping! (Some exclusions apply. See our return policy below.)
- Please be sure to read our policies, summarized below in Q&A format. Additional terms and conditions are found on our About Me page. We encourage you to read our policies and ask any questions you may have. Thank you!
International Buyers -- Please Note:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this DVD authentic?
We take authenticity very seriously and strive to offer only authentic, authorized DVDs. This DVD is the official U.S./Canada retail version.
- Is this item in stock?
We only sell items that are in stock and ready to be shipped, so you never have to worry about an item getting oversold or placed on backorder.
- How much is shipping and handling?
Shipping rates are calculated worldwide based on your location. Your rate should automatically appear below the Buy-It-Now price at the top of this page. International rates include an additional handling fee to cover the extra time required to process international orders, as well as extra costs related to currency conversion and insurance. Expedited services may also include an additional handling fee to cover the extra time required to process rush orders.
APO/FPO/DPO customers please note: Special shipping rates apply to orders valued over $50, except those shipped via Express Mail. EBay currently does not allow us to specify a separate rate to APO/FPO/DPO addresses, so prior authorization is required on these orders. Please contact us via the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of this page for a shipping quote. In most cases, the added cost will range from $2 to $5.
- Do you offer a combined shipping discount?
Yes, we do! However, eBay's recent push to make sellers offer free shipping has made it more complicated to apply combined shipping discounts to standard shipping. To receive a discount on standard shipping, you must contact us for special check-out instructions.
For discounts on premium shipping services, please request an invoice to make sure you receive the full discount. We cannot refund overpayments if you choose to pay prior to recieving an invoice.
To qualify for a discount, you must pay for all items in one payment.
For U.S. buyers, we offer a $1.50 discount on each additional item shipped via standard shipping. This applies to any item; however, if standard shipping for some items in your order is Media Mail and for others is First Class Mail, all items will be shipped together via Media Mail when shipping is combined.
We offer combined shipping discounts on expedited orders and international orders, also. Basic international combined shipping is calculated automatically at checkout; however, to ensure you receive the best discount available, we encourage you to request an invoice prior to submitting payment. EBay's checkout system is not yet sophisticated enough to factor all of our shipping rate discounts.
Please see our About Me page for a complete chart of our combined shipping discounts.
- Is insurance included in the shipping and handling rate?
Yes, basic insurance is included. Please see our About Me page for information on how to file a claim.
- When will my item be shipped?
Your item will ship within one business day of cleared payment. In most cases, it will ship the same day, if payment is received by 1 p.m. Central time. We do not ship on Saturdays. Orders placed on Friday may not ship until the following Monday.
- When should I expect to receive my order?
It depends on which shipping service you choose. Standard shipping to the U.S. for items heavier than 8 ounces is via USPS Media Mail. This service usually takes about a week within the continental United States, but can take as long as 2 weeks. Media Mail can take 4-6 weeks to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. territories, and as long as 8 weeks to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. If you need your item quicker than this, please upgrade to Priority Mail (2-3 business days for most locations) or Express Mail (overnight to most locations).
Delivery time for international shipments varies greatly. USPS First Class Mail International can take from as little as a few days to as long as 8 weeks to arrive. Most of the time it takes 1-3 weeks. USPS Priority Mail International usually takes 1-2 weeks, and USPS Express Mail International usually takes 3-5 business days.
Please bear in mind that these timeframes are only estimates and are not guaranteed by the USPS (except for some forms of Express Mail). In rare cases, packages can be missorted and take much longer than normal. Mail service also tends to be slower during the holiday rush. To ensure you receive your holiday purchases before the holiday, we recommend doubling the USPS estimated delivery time.
- Do you ship to APO/FPO/DPO addresses?
Yes, we do! However, due to the risk of fraud, preapproval is required on items valued over $50 (see "How much is shipping and handling?" above for details). Please contact us for preapproval via the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of this page.
- I live nearby. Can I pick up my item?
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer local pick-up for any of our items.
- What payment methods do you accept?
PayPal is our preferred payment method. EBay rules no longer allow sellers to advertise if they accept paper payment methods. If you have any questions about payment methods, please feel free to contact us via the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of this page.
- How long do I have to pay for my item?
Payment is expected within 4 days, unless special arrangements have been made. If we have not received payment or heard from you at the end of 4 days, an unpaid item case will be opened with eBay. If you simply forgot about your order, you may still submit payment at this time without penalty. You are given an additional 4 days to pay once the case is filed. If, however, at the end of another 4 days (8 days total) we still have not received payment or heard from you, the unpaid item case will be closed and you will receive a strike against your account. Please be aware that eBay takes these strikes very seriously, and only a few strikes could result in your account being suspended.
Please note that this process is completely automated. You must contact us to make alternate arrangements if you cannot pay within the allotted timeframe.
- Do you charge sales tax?
We charge 6.875% sales tax on Minnesota purchases. Per Minnesota law, the sales tax applies to the total purchase price, including shipping and handling.
- How long do I have to return my item?
You have 30 days from the date you receive the item. We cannot accept any returns after 30 days.
- What should I do if my DVD is defective?
We stand behind the products we sell. In the rare case that you receive a defective DVD, please contact us immediately to arrange for a return. We will refund your entire purchase price, as well as standard original shipping and basic return shipping costs. Our belief is that you should not have to lose any money over a defective DVD.
We cannot offer a full refund of expedited shipping, since these services are offered as convenience options only. This applies both to the original shipping service you selected and the return service you choose. We will refund the amount of the lowest-cost option available.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Due to the very high cost of international shipping, we cannot offer a full refund on either original or return shipping for international orders. We will only be able to reimburse the cost of standard domestic shipping.
- What should I do if I changed my mind or purchased the item in error?
You can still return the item, but you will be charged a restocking fee of $6 or 10% of the purchase price, whichever is greater. All shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable. If original shipping was free, we will subtract the exact amount we paid for shipping from your refund.
The item must be returned in its original condition. We cannot accept a return of a new item if the factory seal has been broken.
- Why do you charge a restocking fee for returns that are due to buyer error?
Restocking fees are standard throughout the mail-order industry, and our fee is on par with other sellers in our field. It takes a significant amount of time to process a return and relist an item. In addition, some of the original fees charged to us by eBay and PayPal cannot be recovered. Many items also lose value between the time they are purchased and when they are returned. We encourage buyers to read our listings carefully and ask questions before buying. While we understand that mistakes happen, we cannot take a loss when the return is due to buyer error. We use the same principle for our defective item return policy -- we don't expect our buyers to lose any money, either, on something that isn't their fault.
- When will you leave feedback for me?
We will leave positive feedback for you as soon as we receive cleared payment. We do not require you to leave feedback first.
- What if I don't think our transaction merits positive feedback or high star ratings?
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your transaction, please contact
us prior to leaving non-positive feedback or low star ratings. It is always our #1 goal to
satisfy our customers, and we will do everything we can to resolve any
complaints we receive.
- I purchased an item in error. Can you cancel the transaction?
Yes, but the same restocking fee will apply as on a return due to buyer error ($6 or 10% of the purchase price, whichever is greater). We will refund the shipping and handling cost if the item has not yet been shipped.
- I tried to purchase an item but was told that my bid was blocked. What's the problem?
Your bid was most likely blocked either because your feedback score is less than zero or because you have four or more policy violation reports in the past 6 months. If your bid was blocked and you wish to explain your circumstances, please contact us through the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of this page. We will consider your explanation and decide whether to allow your bid.
As always, thank you for looking! We look forward to serving you. If you have
any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Take a look at our other items for more DVDs!