Motorola R2048D/HS Communications System Analyzer
Installed options: High Stability Time Base (OCXO) - Cellular - SECURE - Printer Out
Aligned, calibrated, tested, reconditioned and working within specifications.
This unit is a Communications Service Monitor used to test, primarily, two way radios, commercial repeaters/transmitters, paging transmitters, marine communications, Ham equipment and other licensed radio and broadcast equipment. Can also be used to service CB radios, home audio and car stereo receivers, various consumer electronics, personal radio equipment and cordless phones operating below 1GHz. This family of analyzers is still one of the most popular and desired examples of it's kind and is still in high demand worldwide. With the sensitive "off air" AM/FM/SSB/CW receiver, we have seen folks use them as a measurement receiver or, for SW listening as well. Great tool or great toy, the choice is yours...
This unit has seen ONLY bench use, never used in the field. Always stored inside temp and humidity controlled shop, not a service van. It has been aligned, calibrated and adjusted per the service manual including the display parameters. We have completely overhauled this unit and it looks and works great. This unit is fully functional with no observed issues or abnormalities.
The time base has been set against a GPS Diciplined, Rubidium Frequency Standard and is dead on. For those of you with shop wide 10MHz frequency standard distribution, these units also include a 10MHz frequency reference input BNC connector on the back panel. Another really nice thing about these is the high power handling capibility. The unit will accept up to 125 Watts of RF input directly to the front panel connector!
As already mentioned, the unit is in excellent physical condition, the case has been refurbished and looks new. It has been prepped and repainted with enamel paint and all the dings and dents, if any have been worked out (none in this unit). Internally, the unit is in close to perfect condition with no obvious damage, corrosion, rust or forgien matter. All internal cards have been checked, cleaned and reseated as well. Check the pics.
- High Stability Oven Controlled Oscillator (OCXO)
- Full duplex generator
- Cellular/Mobile Phone Option
- SECUR COM option
- Printer Output
- Motorola R2048D/HS
- Telescoping Antenna
- Front cover/lid
- Power Cord
- 2 spare RF Fuses
- Service Manual on CD
- Operator's manual on CD
NOTE: If it's not listed above, it's not included!
More High Defination pictures are available here: http://www.mv-southerncross.com/ebay/R2048D/template.htm
- Check and set TCXO/OCXO reference frequency
- Perform display/CRT testing and alignments
- Replace RF fuse in antenna BNC connector
- Clean & lubricate all controls
- Replace 3V memory (CMOS) battery
- Check front end and IF alignment
- Set all power supply voltages
- Tighten all component mounting hardware
- Apply new heat transfer compound to power semiconductors
- Clean all card edge connectors
- Check audio and PL/Tone generator frequencies
- Reseat all edge connectors and RF plugs
- Straighten and repaint case with hard enamel paint
- Replace fan with new unit *
- Test all functions throughout frequency range
- Perform vibration, shock and temperature tests
* Items marked with (*) are tested and replaced IF needed.
Specific to this unit: New fan and tilt bail.
Equipment used in alignment
- Efratum 10MHz Rubidium Frequency Standard
- SymmetricomTS2100-GPS-RUB 10MHz Frequency Standard
- Motorola R2600D/HS Service Monitor
- HP Z3805A GPS Frequency Standard
- IFR 1900 CSA Service Monitor
- Tektronix 494AP Spectrum Analyzer
- Tektronix 2237A Dual Trace 100MHz Scope
- Rigol DS1102E Digital Storage Scope
- Advantest TR6845 Multimeter
- Tektronix CFG280 Function Generator
- Protek B940 True RMS Multimeter
How are these units refurbished?
Some folks have asked what we do to refurbish an analyzer so, here's the sequence:
First, we only select units that were treated well and have plenty of years of service life left. Units that are too beat up to refurb are used for parts as are units with severe environmental damage such as water or other corrosive/acidic compounds. Selection criteria includes at least 80% operational prior to selection, a case that isn't destroyed, a couple dents, scratches and worn paint are fine but no serious damage. Next comes CRT evaluation. Display needs to be at least 70% as bright as new without adjustment with minimum blooming and smearing at full brightness. Cosmetically, other than the case, the front panel needs to be in fairly good condition. Writing and residue from stickers, slight cracks in the surface and minor dents are all repairable but not much more. We want these units to look good as well as work flawlessly.
After selection, the unit is broken down and any problems are corrected, a full internal and external cleaning is performed, card connector and sockets are cleaned and polished, dust removed and painted surfaces are prepared and primed for refinishing with hard enamel paint. Any missing or damaged case parts, feet, handles, etc are replaced or repaired. While the paint is drying, an initial calibration is performed prior to environmental testing. If it passes shock and temperature testing, the unit is aligned and calibrated to factory standards, using the equipment listed above, following procedures in the service manual. All this is followed by 12 hours of receive and 12 hours of generate time. If everything is still 100%, it's boxed and ready to ship. All this takes about 4 days or more to complete so, its more a labor of love than a high profit venture. <G>
General Information and Capabilities: **
The R2001D Communications System Analyzer with high stability oscillator comprises 12 instrument functions for transceiver testing: Spectrum Analyzer, Sensitive Measurement Receiver, Duplex Generator, Modulation Oscilloscope, Frequency Counter, AC/DC Digital Voltmeter, RF Wattmeter/Signal-Level Meter, General Purpose Oscilloscope, Multimode Code Synthesizer, Distortion/SINAD Meter, Sweep Generator, DTMF Encode/Decode, and Printer Port. Frequency range is 10kHz to 999.9999MHz with a resolution of 100Hz. Output in 50-ohms is 0.1 Microvolt to 1Vrms on FM and 0.1 Microvolt to 0.4Vrms on AM. The monitor mode measures frequency from 1MHz to 999.9999MHz. The auto-ranging CRT display has a resolution of +/-10Hz or frequency error. Input sensitivity is <1.5 Microvolt for 10 dB EIA SINAD. The spectrum analyzer has a 75 db dynamic range.
The Motorola R2001D is a versatile, rugged, compact and portable test instrument, designed specifically for the service and monitoring of communications equipment. The use of the R2001D permits keyboard entry of data, graphic CRT displays of data, autoranging scales, fast frequency access, permanent storage of often used frequencies and codes, signaling encode and decode functions as well as reliable, rugged operation that is essential in the field service environment. The R2001D performs a variety of tests normally associated with these devices:
- Sensitive Measurement Receiver
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Duplex Offset Generator (Duplex Generator)
- RF Frequency Counter
- AC/DC Voltmeter
- Cable Fault Finder
- RF Wattmeter
- Signal Strength Meter
- Signaling Simulator
- Sinad & Distortion Meters
- Sweep Generator
The R2001D / R2008D Has a help screen to provide the technician with helpful operational messages. The modular construction of the unit allows easy replacement of major assemblies in the unit should a failure occur. The programmable memory allows up to 32 different frequencies and PL codes to be programmed. The unit can be used with AM/ FM / CW / DSBSC (sideband) from 10 khz to 1000mhz. The duplex generator operates from 0- +/- 10 Mhz and +45 Mhz. Unit has analog synthesisor tuning. This allows the curser to be placed on most numeric fields then the Scan Knob is turned causing the numeric value to increase or decrease. The sensitivity of the receiver is better than 2uv ( typically 1.5uv). Unit has a counter, encodes PL, 2-tone, 5/6 tone, select V, DPL, DTMF and decodes PL, DPL and DTMF. The Spectrum Analyzer dynamic range is 75 db minimum. The unit can measure up to 99Khz of deviation.
** Above list is basic to every R2001D base model. May perform other functions depending on option configurations.
* Calibration is basic, although the standards used are NIST traceable, I do not make that claim.
- Frequency range 10kHz to 999.9999MHz - Resolution of 100Hz
- Output 50 ohms; 0.1µV to 1Vrms FM and 0.1µV to 0.4Vrms AM
- Monitor mode frequency 1MHz to 999.9999MHz
- Autoranging CRT display, ±10Hz resolution frequency error
- Input sensitivity 1.5µV for 10 dB EIA SINAD
- Spectrum Analyzer with 75 dm dynamic range
- We are not responsible for ANY customs or import fees.
- Custom fees and related charges are the responsibility of the buyer.
- We will not change the item total for customs declaration, please do not ask.
- No inacurate statements will be intentionally added to shipping information.
- If you don't understand something, contact us before bidding, we may be able to help.
- After you place a bid, it is assumed that all shipping and related charges are understood and agreed upon.
- We don't profit from shipping. Only actual cost will be passed to the buyer.
- All international packages will be insured at the buyer's expense.
- International shipping service may be provided by UPS, FedEx or USPS depending on location.
International shipping can be dangerous and we reserve the right to refuse shipping to any country for any reason at any time. Thank you for understanding!
NOTE 1: This item will be insured for the full amount of the sale and added to the final invoice.
NOTE 2: Free Shipping applies to US bidders in the lower 48 states only! If you are bidding from outside the USA, please check the Shipping Calculator to see if we ship to your country and calculate shipping cost.
NOTE 3: As with ALL used electronics, this item is sold "as is". Every precaution has been taken to insure you will receive a working product but, we cannot control what happens after the equipment leaves our facility. Even though we don't offer a warranty on used electronic equipment, eBay buyer protection still applies and our reputation and 100% positive feedback speak for themselves.