This listing is for our Monofin Pro., the larger of the two sizes, that fits our Fin Fun Mermaid Tail sizes 12 - Adult.
You won't believe it! Our monofin is like no other. It is:
- Realistic - Great looking fin both in and out of water. Our monofin has a wonderful natural motion that looks like a real fin when swimming, not stiff like other monofins out there We were also careful to design the monofin to help hide the feet and ankles.
- Light – The buoyancy of the neoprene cover compensates for the weight of the monofin making it feel light in the water. This helps swimmers to not tire as easily.
- Comfortable —You have to feel it to believe it. Other monofins can hurt, pinch, or rub the feet. This does not happen with the Fin Fun Pro and Jr. Monofins.
- Fast – While the primary purpose of our monofin is to create a realistic mermaid look, our tests show that it also helps propel you through the water efficiently and quickly. Our monofin provides great exercise and is lots of fun to use!
- Exercise – Not only are our monofins fun to use, but they provide great exercise! Helping you build muscles as you swim, our monofins are so comfortable to wear you can keep them on longer, strengthening your core while you play.
We work hard to make sure every customer is satisfied with their purchase and that our listings are accurate. Please contact us so we can work out any issues, before leaving negative feed back. We will do our very best to resolve any problems you might have, as quickly as possible. Thank you!
We have two sizes, Monofin Jr and Monofin Pro. They are made of a sturdy, flexible plastic inside. They are covered with heavy duty neoprene fabric, which is the kind of fabric often used in wet suits or scuba gear, so it's made for the water. Slip your feet into the openings (you might need to tug hard the first few times, don't worry, they fit almost any size feet!) and you're ready to swim like a mermaid!
Our monofins have been specially designed to fit a wide range of sizes, making it really simple to find the right Monofin for your tail. NOTE: THE COLOR OF YOUR MONOFIN MAY VARY.
|Monofin Pro (large)||Monofin Jr. (small)|
Fits child / youth mermaid tail sizes 12 - 16
Fits adult custom sizes, too!
Don't worry about shoe size, the way it's designed will allow for a tween's sized feet on up to a woman's 11+ shoe size.
Fits child / youth mermaid tail sizes 6 - 10.
Note: Please don't try to cram it into a toddler tail. Toddler tails are designed to hang higher to prevent little ones from tripping. Toddler tails are not built for monofins.
Please do not hop or try to walk with the monofin on your feet. Put it on once you are at the edge of the water, then slide into the pool carefully. Understand that it may take some effort to get your feet into the holes at first. The monofin is designed this way to hold your feet securely in place while you swim.
There are two ways to put on the monofin and mermaid tail:
- With the mermaid tail already on, pull the costume fabric up above the ankles. Slip feet into the holes of the monofin and pull the cuffs up over your heels and toward your ankles. Then slip the mermaid tail back down over the monofin, gently stretching the tips of the tail over the tips of the monofin one at a time.
- Or, with the monofin already in the tail, open the mermaid tail fabric down to the monofin and slip feet into the holes, pulling the cuffs up onto the ankles. With feet in the monofin, gently work mermaid tail up legs to waist.
Avoid standing on the mermaid tail or monofin, or rubbing the fabric against the pool surface, as this will damage the fabric.
- After swimming, rinse the monofin with clean water to remove chlorine or salt.
- It is important to thoroughly dry the neoprene cover of your monofin before storing it. The stiff, plastic monofin insert can be removed to speed up the drying process. We suggest propping open the monofin on each side to increase airflow which will allow the material to dry faster. Drying times will vary according to temperature and humidity. The monofin is intentionally designed with an open bottom to allow the insert to be removed for faster drying. Drying thoroughly using the above instructions will prolong the life of your monofin!
When swimming, use what is termed a “dolphin kick,” where both feet move together in a downward and upward motion to move through the water. Also called a mermaid kick, this is the same kick used with the “butterfly stroke.” See our video below for a demonstration of this kick while wearing the monofin!
- Practice in the pool without either the monofin or your mermaid costume. Get used to the motion of the dolphin kick with your legs together to propel you through the water.
- Once you feel comfortable with the motion of the dolphin kick, proceed by putting on the monofin and practice swimming with it. You will notice how much easier doing the dolphin kick is with it! IMPORTANT: Make sure the depth of the water is shallow enough for your abilities and experience. TIP: hold onto the side of the pool while first practicing with your monofin on.
- When you are comfortable with the motion of the monofin put on your mermaid tail costume and have an amazing experience! Be aware that you will be the center of attention and others are going to want to try it! To ensure their safety and enjoyment please share these important instructions with anyone else you allow to use your monofin and mermaid tail.
- Use only with adult supervision.
- Should only be used by experienced swimmers.
- Do not use the monofin in water that is too deep for your abilities.
- Start SLOW - New users must take care when first trying the monofin to get used to the dolphin kick in the water.
Little ones who do not swim well underwater are not ready for a monofin! Wait until swimmers can hold their breath and swim in the deep end. We do not make monofins for toddlers! They need their legs free as they learn to swim (see below):
Best Value at a Fair Price
Fin Fun is committed to bringing you the best value in Mermaid Tails! Because we create mermaid tails in volume , we can provide the best value to you. Each tail is created in the USA with the finest equipment and materials available. Your product is also carefully inspected many times to make sure it exceeds your expectations.
We Make Dreams Come True
Making your dream a reality is a very important thing for us. When you chose Fin Fun you're also supporting children's causes . We donate 5% of our net proceeds to charity including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Camp Magical Moments, and CASA.