This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tabThis amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions- opens in a new window or tab
UNIQUE AND RARE EXAMPLE OF TIMEPIECE VERY BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE WATCH CA 1910’s VERY BEAUTIFUL MECHANICAL WORK
This ca 1910’s gent’s watch withORIGINAL IVORY ENAMEL METAL DIAL, CHROMED STEEL CASEandHIGH GRADE MECHANISMwithFIVE RAISED GOLD JEWEL SETTINGS,SWAN NECK MICROMETER REGULATOR&BLUE BREGUET BALANCE SPRING. Indeed, it was made by the venerable“ZENITH”,Switzerland.
To cultivate beauty and total precision, with audacity. For almost one and a half centuries ZENITH has sculpted time, seeking the ultimate perfection.
In 1865, under the guidance of Georges Favre-Jacot, one of the most mythical manufacturers of quality watches was born. A 22-year old visionary, he was the first to create the very concept of a watchmaking Manufacture. He brought all artisan watchmakers together under one roof, providing them with heat and light, allowing them thus to dedicate themselves entirely to the design of their timepieces. From the hand of the watchmaker, “manus” in Latin, came the etymology of the word “Manufacture”.
One evening, Georges Favre-Jacot perfected a movement which he considered almost perfection. He went out into the silver night and lifted his eyes towards the heavenly sky. And the cosmos spoke to him. He saw a gigantic constellation turning around the Pole star, similar in its complexity to the movements of the pivots and the wheels on their axes. He decided then to call his new movement, and its Manufacture, after the word that designates the highest point in the universe, ZENITH. He adopted the star as a symbol, a shining good luck charm, a celestial guide towards a promising destiny.
From then on, protected by this radiance, the Manufacture with its 2000 golden hands, traversed the 20th century with style. 1565 awards, over 50 mythical calibres, branches throughout the world, from New York to Paris, from Moscow to Tokyo. History is in the making, led by exceptional men and women, who conscious of the treasure they hold in their hands, develop it with love, while keeping true to the founding values: beauty, truth, integrity, precision, and mastery over complexity. Furthermore, not content to simply perpetuate tradition, they reinvent it.
Today, the Manufacture continues to meet its challenge: to combine beauty and mechanical perfection, subtly uniting tradition with modernity. In the heavens, the ZENITH star continues to shine, as if Georges Favre-Jacot, from a panoramic vantage point, continues to look after his heritage, observing the work of his successors.
This timepiece features an ORIGINALelegant single sunk ivory enamel dial is in good condition, bat with scratch near XII. This dial features a 60 minute outer track border with 24-hour black Arabic sub-numerals, raised applied gold steel Arabic numerals, gold steel Breguet-style hands and a sunken sub-seconds dial with 60 second outer chapter and “sweep” gold steel seconds hand. Signed ZENITH in black enamel lettering below the 12.
Peeking inside I find a clean manual wind and high grade lever escapement movement with red Ruby jewels and FIVE RAISED GOLD JEWEL SETTINGS,SWAN NECK MICROMETER REGULATOR&BLUE BREGUET BALANCE SPRING that is signedZENITH – 2,983,941.
This beautiful wristwatch has the ORIGINAL movement in an excellent status which was very well saved, considering age of this watch.
It is fitted on a new 20mm black genuine leather strap with chromed steel buckle for a most excellent look.
Diameter (with crown):52.00 mm Diameter (without crown):48.00 mm Watch crystal diameter:44.00 mm Thickness:14.00 mm
This rare watch winds and set smoothly while keeping very good, accurate time.
Because of the vintage nature of the watch I cannot guarantee its absolute time keeping accuracy even if they are in good running condition and in some rare occasions may require additional adjustment.
Always an EXTRA FINE watches at a no Reserve Price!!!
If you like rare, antique, unique and collectible vintage wristwatches or pocket watches (or just enjoy learning about all the different watch makers and models) I suggest you bookmark this page or add me to your "Favorite Sellers" list. I always have beautiful pristine timepieces for sale ending Monday. Now on eBay for 7 Years!
Recommendations for the owner of vintage watches:
- All Antique watches are mechanical. Many repairs will not be cheap, as most likely they will require replacement of non-standard parts (unlike most late model watches).
- Antique watches should not be beaten or dropped - because repairs may be expensive.
- Antique watches are generally NOT waterproof. This is because waterproofing was not in general production until the middle of the 20th century for most watches. Therefore you should protect your antique watch from exposure to moisture.
- If your watch becomes wet it should be dried off quickly. Carefully open all covers and use a hair drier to blow dry the movement, dial, covers, crown. This will reduce the amount of rust.
- If your watch becomes wet with any kind of salt water you should immediately immerse or spray your watch with fresh (no-salt) water to remove all the salt from the works before drying the watch completely. Any salt left in the watch will combine with moisture in the air to rust metal components of the movement, case etc.
- Winding any mechanical watch tight may break the mainspring. If you can avoid it do not wind the watch hard.
- When adjusting the hands of your watch, move them in a clockwise direction only. Counter-clockwise adjustments may damage the movement.
- If you must adjust counter-clockwise make it for small adjustments only (i.e. for minutes, NOT hours).
- Be careful and gentle when adjusting the movement speed (faster or slower). Don't make sharp movements, and don't touch other components in the movement especially the pendulum mechanism.
- Every 2-3 years it is necessary to service and oil vintage watches.
- If the watch is dirty - allow the watch to run down, don't wind it again until you have it serviced by a qualified watch repair expert. Dust will absorb and remove important lubricants and cause the movement pieces to wear down.
- To clean the case, dial and crystal you should use a cloth that does NOT leave fibers as these may get caught up in the movement. Check with your Watch repair expert to get an appropriate cloth.
- Keep your antiques watch away from magnets. Strong magnetic fields may affect the accuracy of your watch since some vintage watches were made with iron based components in the movement.
- Most Cases and Covers are fine components and will not handle abuse well. The watch should not be shaken, beaten, or stressed.
- Antique watches generally experience an error of up to 5-7 minutes a day. Any accuracy of +- 5 minutes is very good.
Buyer must notify me within 24 hrs of auction close as to how and when he or she intends to pay. Winning bidders must fully pay within 7 days of the auction. After 7 days the piece will be relisted and appropriate action taken against the non-paying bidder. I participate in the eBay Non-Paying Bidder program. Do not bid if you are not going to pay for your auction.
I prefer PAYPAL but another methods are also accepted with prior approval. Please contact me FIRST BEFORE sending a cheque to get full address.
Zero feedback and negative feedback bidders must first email me BEFORE bidding. All I need is a brief courtesy email telling me who you are and how you would intend to pay if you where successful. I reserve the right to cancel any bids on this auction.
100% satisfaction guarantee for all of my watches. If you are in any way unsatisfied with the watch I will fully refund the purchase price anytime within 60 days after the watch has been received. My goal is to exceed my client's expectations throughout the buying experience. I and my team stand behind our products, if for any reason you'll receive your product damaged or in non-functioning condition, please contact us immediately via email BEFORE leaving your feedback, we'll gladly assist you in any way we can. Your satisfaction is important to me.
To be fair to all bidders, I make it my practice never to end an auction early. I prefer not to use buy it now. I have many repeat customers who want my watches just as much as you do. Buy it now will only be considered for a relisted auction.
Vintage watches are very delicate and I package to the highest degree to prevent damage.
To clarify all my items are Vintage or Antique and as such should Not be expected to be like a New or Quartz watch in any way whatsoever! Please bear in mind that you are buying a used watch and it will require service at some point in time.
If you have any questions after reading the description or viewing the pictures please email me PRIOR to bidding. The watch in pictures is the actual watch that You will receive.
I want you to feel safe and satisfied with the purchase of your item on eBay.
After receiving the returned item, I will make a full refund for your original payment.
International shipments worldwide will sent via International Air Mail fully insured (shipping and handling to all locations in the world is FREE).
Items will be shipped to confirmed address on eBay. Please check with eBay if your address is confirmed.
Please allow 10 to 14 days for delivery to all locations worldwide.
We pack all items well but some antique watches are just not made to travel at today's speed and may need set up and possibly adjustment after shipping and because of that I'm sorry but can not guarantee function or accuracy after shipping.
You know that parcels go to Italy very long. Sometimes approx 2-3 weeks, sometimes near month and more. Be ready for these terms.
California State residents (and those with shipping addresses in California State) add 8,75% sales tax.
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. Prior to bidding, check your country's customs regulations to determine any additional costs.
For all shipments the value of the item will be declared lower than the auction price for custom duties. Also I will mark item as "gift". The taxes should be minimal.
Dear Bidders, we kindly ask you:
Please, do not bid if you are not fully commited to purchase this item!
I and my team honor eBay Contracts and expect the same from my clients!
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!
Powered by eBay Turbo Lister The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.
On Sep-16-12 at 09:18:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your max bid:
Your max bid:
By clicking Confirm bid, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agree to the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.