Details about Martin 2008 Clapton Signature Series Guitar (000-28EC) - Unplayed!See original listing
New other (see details)
Sep 15, 2013
[ 21 bids ]
Dallas, Texas, United States
New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, ... Read moreabout the condition
|String Configuration:||6 String||Body Type:||Classical|
|Country of Manufacture:||United States||Series:||Eric Clapton Signature Series|
I personally special ordered this beautiful guitar new in 2009. My dealer, through their special relationship with Martin, and in light of their prior dealings with me, was able to obtain this beautiful 175th Anniversary Edition (for Martin Guitars) Clapton edition 000-28EC model guitar. Additionally, I ordered a dealer installed and basically invisible Baggs pickup, as well as guitar strap buttons with felt buffers (to protect the wood from “collar ring”). My dealer also set up the guitar per my specs.
Once I received this guitar, I learned that my small hands and short fingers made it impossible for me to play. This is a small body guitar, but the V-shaped neck is stout, a tiny bit wider than some necks, and nicely balances the weight of the guitar. However, I am disabled and don’t have good hand or finger strength, so I couldn’t “force the issue” and use tricks like wrapping my thumb over the top to help with certain chords. I also could not return the guitar because it is a special order, as noted above. I placed the guitar in its case and just kept it, taking it twice each year to the luthier for maintenance (fresh strings if they were dead, check the intonation, oil the ebony fretboard, etc). I finally must sell it because I will never be able to play it and don’t want to wait until the nickel tarnishes or something before passing it on to somebody who can appreciate it. BTW, I still have the original Martin box, and will be sending the guitar to you in it.
Everything is dead-on perfect and beautiful. The felt padding for the strap buttons is white, which was to go with the binding, but obviously, if you were to not want it, simply remove it. There is no adhesive or anything. You will notice the special stamp on the cross brace, indicating "175 years". I can’t really speak to the sound through an amp, because while I also bought a new little Fender acoustic amp for it, I never plugged it in. The amp, like the guitar, sits with the tags still hanging on it (Want a killer, never used, Fender acoustic guitar amp?). I'll run another ad for the amp, but even though I've still got the original box for it, my disability will make it challenging to pack the amp for shipping.
I will only ship to the lower 48 states, but I will pay the shipping and will include insurance. There will be a good tracking number (USPS is impossible to track, so I use other carriers). Please ask if you have questions or need to see something I forgot to include. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!
000 size body, rosewood back & sides, sitka spruce top with vintage toner, scalloped braces, ebony bridge, maple bridge plate, herringbone trim & rosette, ivoroid binding, 24.9" scale, 1-3/4" nut width, V-shaped neck with adjustable truss rod, open vintage style tuners, ebony fretboard with diamond & square inlays, EC's pearl signature at 19th fret, standard saddle (not long), Vintage "Geib" style case.
· MODEL 000-28EC
· CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
· BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
· TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
· TOP ROSETTE: Fine Herringbone
· BRACING PATTERN: 000 14-Fret
· TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
· BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
· BACK PURFLING: HD Zig Zag
· SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
· ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
· ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
· BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
· TOP INLAY STYLE: Fine Herringbone
· SIDE INLAY: none
· BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
· NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
· NECK SHAPE: Modified V
· NUT MATERIAL: Bone
· HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/ SquareTaper
· HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style Logo
· HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid
· FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
· SCALE LENGTH: 24.9"
· # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
· # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
· FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
· FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
· FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern
· FINGERBOARD BINDING: none
· FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
· FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss Vintage Toner
· FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss
· BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
· BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
· BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
· SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
· TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Nickel Open Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
· RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
· BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/Black Dots
· PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color Beveled and Polished
· CASE: 533E Geib style
· INTERIOR LABEL: Label Signed By CFM IV & Eric Clapton