- Android 2.1-powered smartphone with 4.3-inch touchscreen for brilliant video playback; 8-megapixel camera with 720p HD video capture
- Google mobile services including Google Maps with Navigation for voice prompted turn-by-turn directions; can be used as a 3G Mobile Hotspot for up to five Wi-Fi connected devices
- 8 GB internal preloaded memory; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; access to personal and corporate e-mail
- Up to 8 hours of talk time, up to 220 hours (9+ days) of standby time
A worthy successor to the original Droid, the Android-powered Droid X by Motorola for Verizon Wireless is a pocket-sized home theater with a massive 4.3-inch high-resolution display, HDMI high-definition output with optional cable, and 720p HD video recording capabilities. And the 1 GHz processor provides excellent response for game play, such as the preloaded EA Need for Speed Shift.
Additionally Droid X will feature Adobe Flash Player, enabling you to stream video from tens of millions of websites or game play with a full PC Web experience (Droid X users will receive Android 2.2 and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 via an over-the-air update in late summer 2010). You can also easily download BLOCKBUSTER On Demand presented by V CAST Video via a link icon on your home screen or use V CAST to watch your favorite shows.
With integrated Google technology, Droid X brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Droid X also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
In addition to high-speed connectivity on the fast and reliable Verizon Wireless 3G network, you can also share the built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi among five devices--laptop, another phone, MP3 player, and more (additional service charge). Droid X also utilizes high-performance diversity antennas along with innovative software to improve signal strength and reduce dropped calls.
The large touchscreen display offers pinch-to-zoom functionality and reveals a spacious virtual keyboard, where you can type and text with ease at more than 50 words per minute with Swype using one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard.
Preloaded social networking widgets allow you to sync and stream your feeds and updates from Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace all to one screen in real time. Other features include an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 8 GB of onboard memory and a pre-installed 2 GB memory card, ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS turn-by-turn directions via free Google Maps with Navigation (Beta), and up to 8 hours of talk time.
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.1) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Advanced multitasking capabilities allow you to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot: The Droid X comes travel-ready with a built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot--a Wi-Fi hotspot that can be shared among five Wi-Fi-capable devices. The 3G Mobile Hotspot is the perfect family vacation companion, and at $20 for 2 GB and 5 cents per megabyte overage, it provides an allowance big enough for sharing with the entire family for downloading games, Internet access, and more.
- Get where you need to go with Google Maps Navigation (Beta), which provides turn-by-turn voice guidance as a free feature of Google Maps. It's powered by Google and connected to the Internet. Use voice shortcuts and simply say "Navigate to [your destination]," and you'll be on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- Swype input system allows you to input text
faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving
from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology
then calculates what word you're intending to type
- 1 GHz TI OMAP processor with dedicated graphics processor.
- 4.3 inch high-resolution touchscreen display (WVGA 854 x 480 pixels, 16 million colors)
- 8-megapixel camera with fast mechanical shutter (1/1000 second) auto focus, touch-to-focus, face recognition, panoramic modes, and more.
- Capture video in high- definition 720p HD resolution and customize your videos with a slow-motion effect as well as make them flawless with an advanced three microphone solution for directional audio capture and noise cancelation.
- HDMI video output for connecting to a compatible HDTV.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 8 GB of storage right out of the box with 8 GB of internal memory. You can expand the Droid X up to a maximum of 40 GB with its 8 GB internal memory plus optional 32 GB microSD card.
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified technology enables you to stream, store and share content with multiple DLNA compatible devices such as a HDTVs, game consoles or PCs
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone (Android Webkit HTML5-based browser).
- Text, picture, and video messaging with threaded messaging feature
- Email: Corporate (Exchange 2003 and 2007), Gmail, IMAP, POP3, Attachment and browser document viewer (Microsoft Office and pdf)
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Droid X by Motorola weighs 5.47 ounces and measures 5.02 x 2.57 x 0.39 inches. Its 1540 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours (480 minutes) of talk time, and up to 220 hours (9+ days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Visual Voice Mail: This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
- V CAST Video on Demand:
This optional service enables you to watch full-length TV shows plus
news, sports, weather, and live entertainment video clips. It features
more than 100 full-length programs from leading broadcast and cable
networks, ranging from highly-rated drama and comedy series to reality
programs and children's programming. V CAST Video on Demand also
delivers live sporting events, including NHL hockey games and an
upcoming slate of college football games
The service offers unlimited viewing of Basic Videos and the ESPN MVP channel. You can choose from 14 categories, including Entertainment, Kids, Music, Sports, Comedy, News, Pop Culture, Information, Women, Latino, Home & Leisure, Multicultural, Cutting Edge, and Hollywood. Additional subscription charges applicable.