This is Repair Service, not a part for sale.
You pay this $9.99 now which pays for the return shipping and when we're done with the repair, the balance of your specific repair cost, set and approved during the FREE diagnosis, will be due and a private auction on eBay will be setup for the payment.
Once you have purchased this item, print it out, send it with your laptop for your FREE diagnosis and specific cost to repair.
Please note this only applies to the 48 continental states. A surcharge applies for HI, AK and PR. We do not ship Internationally.
Reasons to choose Laptop Rescuer: FREE DIAGNOSIS
NO FIX, NO PAY.
3 month warranty for all harware repairs (parts and labor).
Reasonable price compared with replacing with a BRAND NEW motherboard. We just need to replace the faulty chips to save your motherboard and reduce the cost to you.
Quick turn around time :
Same day services for power jack and LCD repair (If in stock).
5-7 Business days for major chip replacements off the motherboard.
Process to fix your computer at Laptop Rescuer Co.
1. Pack your computer and power adapter with plastic wrap. Allow at least a 2" gap, which should be filled by packing pop-corn, bubble wrap or paper, between the laptop and the box.
2. Put your AC Adapter on either side not on the top or on the bottom.
3. Attach a memo of your contact info with the computer and this item number or printed copy.
4. Send your computer to our company at:
Laptop Rescuer Co.
280 Martin Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
5. Within 24hrs of receiving your computer, we will call you and give you the work order number, results of the FREE diagnosis and a specific quote to repair your laptop.
6. If you agree to proceed with the repair then your laptop is assigned and we contact you once it has been repaired for payment.
We can repair:
- Power Jack Problems: Broken power jack, loose connection, need wiggle to connect, no power, work with battery but doesn't work with ac adapter.
- Motherboard problems: No power, power but no boot, over heat, shut down, random shut down, no sound, no video, no charge, do not recognize devices, bad BIOS chip,system hangs, blue screen, cannot install OS/software, Wireless, Ethernet (LAN), PCMCIA, shut down when moved, ac adapter turns off when plugged in, and printer port problems.
- LCD problems: Dim LCD, broken LCD, flickering, vertical line, horizontal line, and dead pixel.
With the latest diagnostic tools and software, most laptop issues are relatively simple to fix. But most repair shops don't have the expertise or computerized BGA machines to repair to the component level like we are able to.
We can give you the lowest repair rate possible simply because we can replace those faulty components that cause your whole motherboard not to function.
Clients have given us feedback that they have been shopping around at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, Staples and the computer manufacturers and various laptop repair shops who not only charged a diagnostic fee but they also received an astronomical repair quote from them. More often than not, they are told to replace the whole motherboard which is not always necessary. Don’t waste time any further, because our facility is geared to providing the best service possible while making the whole process as painless as possible.
Just check our eBay feedback - Unlike our competitors, our performance is not masked by the sales of parts or accessories - we only repair laptops- thats it!
We are The Laptop Rescuer.
Why repair my motherboard if I can get a new motherboard for the same price?:
- New motherboards from manufacturers are $350 and upwards to $850 depending on Make and model and do not include installation.
- Used refurbished motherboards, while cheaper, are very risky
- The market has been flooded recently with substandard repairs from China that quickly fail or from other people "dumping" their intermittent or problematic motherboards on other people
- There is no warranty if a non-qualified technician (i.e. you!) installs it
- You pay upfront, have to install it yourself and then find it doesn't fix the issue
- In comparison, with Laptop Rescuer, you get it back fully assembled and working with 3 months warranty OR you dont pay!
What happens if you cannot repair my motherboard?
- We successfully repair 95% of all issues sent to us as we have the expertise, diagnostic tools and computerized BGA machine required to be able to remove any chip off the motherboard however, if we deem your laptop as non-repairable then there is no further charge.
- We ship UPS ground with $500 insurance. Please note that your Laptop may have different symptoms after an attempted repair than initially sent in due to the work performed on it.
Q. May I keep my hard drive?
A. Yes. We understand that data is confidential and valuable to you. We will use our hard drive to test your computer. Keep in mind if your hard drive was damaged when your laptop died your laptop may not work when it is re-installed. If you choose to send your hard drive with your laptop, we will not touch your data
Q. Do I need to send in my AC adapter ?
A. Yes, it is better to send the adapter with the computer so that we can validate it is working normally.
Q. How do I pay?
A. You pay when the repair is complete. We will call you to confirm shipping address and set up a private eBay auction.
Q. Can I just send the motherboard only?
A. No, we cannot offer our 3 months warranty if we don't have your laptop to test that it is back up and working normally.
Q. What if you can't fix my computer?
A. If we deem your motherboard is not repairable then we do not charge for our attempted repair.
Q. How long does it take to repair?
A. Most repairs requiring a single chip replacement normally take 5-7 business days. However a repair can take several weeks if the MB has several issues requiring multiple chip replacements. Unfortunately, the diagnostic tests can only detect one chip issue at a time. We offer same day services for power jack and LCD repair IF we have the replacement part in stock.
Q. Who pays to ship the laptop in?
A. You are responsible for shipping your laptop in at all times.
Terms and Conditions:
- Repair Policy
- We are not responsible for any data loss. Customer should back up their data before service.
- Any Laptop, spare parts and accessories left at our facility for more than 60 days are considered abandoned by Customer and will be disposed.
- Warranty & Return Policy
- We provide 3 months ( 90 days) parts and labor warranty from the date of the invoice
- Warranty covers hardware repair only
- Physical damage voids all warranty
- We reserve the right to repair a laptop sent back for warranty repairs or issue refund at our discretion
- All warranty requests must be made before warranty periods ends.
- It is customer's responsibility to ship the laptop back to us for repair under warranty. The returned laptop must be postage prepaid , properly insured and well packaged
- Shipping and handling
- We are not responsible for any lost or damaged package shipped to us. Customer should properly package their laptop before shipping
- We use UPS as our main shipping carrier and all packages are fully insured. We can use another carrier upon customer's request, however the shipping charge may vary
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE RECORD AND THEREFORE REQUEST YOU CONTACT US WITH ANY ISSUE SO WE CAN RESOLVE IT TO YOUR SATISFACTION.
Powered by eBay Turbo Lister
The free listing tool. List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.