These are 18 student workbooks and teacher resource books for grades 4-6, a variety of subjects and publishers, titles and descriptions below, arranged by grade level (some are for more than one grade). If they are reproducible for classroom use (most are) it is noted below. All are unused softcovers, none previously owned, all purchased wholesale. A few books in the lot have light exterior handling wear, mostly cover flecking where the cover coatings stuck together a little in the factory carton (pages perfect), but the majority are brand new. Some are available separately in our store (browse workbooks and education section)
Skills for Scholars, Reading Grade 4, Frank Schaffer publisher. 80p with answers at back. All student pages, reproducible for classroom use, in color. Most pages start with an information box. Topics include syllables, synonyms and antonyms; homophones; common, proper and plural nouns; pronouns; verb tenses; irregular and helping verbs; subjects and predicates; adjectives and adverbs; conjugations; punctuation; sentences and paragraphs; following directions, recognizing details, and reading schedules; facts, opinions, nonfiction, and fiction; analogies and similies; dictionary and library skills.
- Hands-On Chemistry Experiments, Grades 3-5, aligned to state and national standards. 80p reproducible, teacher resource published by Instructional Fair/Frank Schaffer. The contents are divided into four sections - Matter, Mixtures and Solutions, Physical Changes, and Chemical Changes. Instruction begins with a question followed by a materials list, step-by-step directions, a scientific explanation of the results, plus suggestions for discussion.
- The Nonfiction Connection, Bringing Nonfiction to the Language Arts Curriculum, by Elizabeth Smith, Grades 4-8, published by Good Apple, new softcover book. 48p, reproducibles included. "The Nonfiction Connection contains a variety of activities and suggestions to help you incorporate nonfiction into your language arts curriculum. You will find lessons to accompany nonfiction books, newspapers and magazines, as well as activities that focus on the nonfiction aspects of fiction books. Includes 5Ws chart and SQUERCA lessons
- World Explorers, in the Creative Teacher Ideas series published by Troll Communications, a professional resource for teachers of Grades 4-6. 96p with many reproducible student sheets, a wide range of activities. "From Columbus's voyage to America to space exploration, you'll find dozens of art and craft projects, reproducibles, and research projects in this handy resource. Cover price is 12.95.
- Teaching the Five Themes of Geography, teacher resource by Bonnie Dill, Grades 4-8. Activities and strategies help teach the five themes of geography--location, place, human-environment interaction, movement, and region. Best-selling series from Frank Schaffer! many reproducibles.
- U. S. Map Skills, Grades 4-6. homework booklet, Reproducible, 72p with pull-out answer key at center. There is a map of each state to label with important cities and geographic features (list given) as well as bordering states. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair.
- American History, Homework Survival Guide Grades 4-6 by Susan Kantor, 64p indexed, published by Troll Communications c1999. An overview of the most important events. You can find fast facts about the first Americans; explorers, inventors, presidents; colonies and the slave trade; states and capitals; wars- from the American Revolution to Vietnam; pioneers, wagon trains, railroads, and robber barons; unions and civil rights. Color maps
Grades 4-8, Reason and Write a Step by Step Approach for Success on Written Exams by Stephen Mahoney, Ed.D., published by Good Apple Div. of Frank Schaeffer Publications, c1996. Teacher resource with lesson plans and reproducible pages. The book/teaching plan consists of 3 integrated strands: 1) Teaching the Thinking Taxonomy is a series of activities to introduce, teach and practice thinking skills from the six levels (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation). 2) The Prewriting Activities are planned cooperative learning activities that use these skills to gather and process information about perplexing questions.3) Writing the Essay requires students to reduce their ideas and opinions to writing. A simple to follow writing template enables students to develop their thesis statements and support their positions in a logical and organized way."Apply thinking skills to the writing process and achieve the highest level of performance on written exams - such as the California CLAS. Writing templates for beginning, intermediate, and advanced writers help students think critically and present their thoughts in clear, logical written forms. If writing is being taught and assessed in your school, Reason and Write belongs there too! For grades 4-8."
Building Grammar Grades 5-6 homework booklet, Reproducible, 80p with pull-out answer key at center. Most pages start with an information box or worked example. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair.
- Skills for Success for your Fifth Grader by Mary Beth Koeppei, created by teachers for kids and their parents, c1997 from Frank Schaffer educational publisher (FS-23006), brand new softcover 94p. Contents sections are: Academic Skills, Social Skills, Home and School Cooperation, Rewards, and Student Workbook (pages reproducible for home use) 24p. The book suggests many educational activities, suggests books to read, gives test taking tips, and more.
- Skills for Scholars, English and Grammar, Grade 5, Frank Schaffer publisher. 80p with answers at back. All student pages, reproducible for classroom use, in color. Most pages start with an information box. Topics include nouns and verbs, verb tense, irregular verbs, direct and indirect objects, pronouns, conjunctions, subjects and predicates, types of sentences, adjectives and adverbs, prepositional phrases, adjective and adverb phrases, punctuation, synonyms and antonyms, similes and metaphors, idioms, combining sentences, types of paragraphs, writing invitations and thank you notes, writing letters, and writing poetry.
- Kings, Queens, Castles, and Crusades. Life in the Middle Ages, Grades 5-8 Best Seller from Good Apple! Innovative reproducibles and special projects help students integrate what they have learned as well as practice critical-thinking skills. All illustrations are based on original documents and artifacts. A unique, information-packed, and beautiful resource book. 94p
- Basics First Math, Grade 6, from Frank Schaffer Publications, 32p, almost all are reproducible student pages, answer key at end, a variety of formats and math topics. Once the student has solved the math problems on the page they can find the answer to a limerick, solve a crossword, find a secret message, etc.
- Grammar a Step-by-Step Approach Grade 6 homework booklet, Reproducible, 96p with pull-out answer key at center. Many pages start with an information box or worked example. Topics include verb tenses, prepositional phrases, indirect objsects, transitive and intransitive verbs, subject-verb agreement, synonyms and antonyms, context clues, spelling strategies, frequently misspelled words, analogies, active and passive voice, metaphors and similies, and much more. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair
- Word Problems (Math) Grade 6 homework booklet, Reproducible, 72p with pull-out answer key at center. Most pages start with an information box or worked example. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair.
- Logic Across the Curriculum by Michele Best Jackson, for the middle and upper grades, published by Frank Schaffer, 92p. Most of the book is reproducible student pages with logic puzzles/problems which also provide learning in other subject areas. The kinds of logic problems include using a matrix grid to solve, picture logic, visual patterns, math cross-reference, conditional statements, and cross-reference chart logic, with teacher tips for each logic section.Product Description This is a teacher resource book for middle grades. The puzzles in this book were developed to help students improve the following skills; organizing, gathering data, combining and comparing, ordering, reasoning, interpreting data, thinking critically, and applying problem-soling skills. Each of the puzzles correlates with at least one other area of the curriculum in addition to logic and critical thinking.
- Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Grade 6 homework booklet, Reproducible, 72p with pull-out answer key at center. Most pages start with an information box or worked example. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair.
- Mathematics a Step-by-Step Approach Grade 6 homework booklet, Reproducible, 72p with pull-out answer key at center. Topics are multiplication and division, decimals, and fractions. Most pages start with an information box or worked example. Published by Frank Schaffer/Instructional Fair.
Combined Shipping deals: $300 total to ship your whole order or Free Shipping on your entire order of 10 or more auctions or fixed price items (lots count as one), when you pay for all in a single Paypal transaction. More than 1500 children's book items to choose from, most at 40-80% off retail. Links to our store search box and store categories to browse are at left. Directions and Limitations: Media Mail shipping to US addresses only (all zip codes are eligible). Items must all be paid together in one transaction, not multiple payments. The key is not to pay for anything until you've used the buy it now for all the items you want and your auction bids have ended. We are glad to hold your unpaid items for a few days while you bid and shop, and will send occasional invoices to combine items as they are bought. At checkout ("Pay Now" link from any item) select the option to include other items from the same seller, and your won items will automatically be combined into a single order with the special shipping rate. After you've finished buying your items, you may also request that we email a combined invoice from which to pay.