Leica M4-2 35mm Rangefinder Camera Made in Canada Serial #1507067
Being auctioned off ASIS not working for parts or repair because it does not fit Ebays definition as 'Used' for which it has to be fully usable. It will need at least a CLA to be fully usable.
Please read the description below carefully:
Shutter speeds are off. The slow speeds below 1/30 sometimes sound like they work and sometimes they sound off, too fast. The rest of the higher shutter speeds may or may not be accurate.
The film advance works fine and the insides are clean.
The viewfinder, 35mm,50mm and 135mm frames and the rangefinder split image are bright. The rangefinder works but not tested for accuracy. Some viewfinder haze and dust apparent when viewed from the front but it does not effect the image.
Cosmetically the body is in very nice condition. Leatherette in very nice condition. No paint wear. Not perfect, one or two flea sized nicks and small light scratches that do not penetrate the paint and so hard to see they do not photograph. The worst scratch is on the film speed indicator dial by the 200 ASA mark in back of the camera, check the photos.
The camera will need a CLA to be a user, figure $200-350 in the USA depending who you choose to do the work.
Nice camera for the user or collector that does not mind spending the money on a CLA that would be required on any 35+ year old never serviced Leica found on Ebay.
Being sold ASIS for repair and no returns.
Auctions and Fixed Price Merchandise:
Most often, our merchandise is old and/or used. We try to describe these items to the best of our ability and would not misrepresent anything intentionally. We can sometimes overlook something or make a mistake and admit that we are not experts on everything we sell.
Please view the shipping and payments tab for each individual listing to determine its return policy.
Please look at the pictures for condition and email us with any questions before bidding. If you are unsure of an item, or do not receive a response back do not bid on the item.
Do not wait until after the auction is over to start asking questions about the item.
Except for misstatements of an item description, a purchase is not returnable or payment refundable. If you plan to bid for more than 3 items, please contact me for approval.
Bidders with less than 3 feedbacks or excessive negative feedbacks need to contact us for permission to bid or their bids may be cancelled.
IF YOU WIN THE ITEM YOU MUST PAY FOR IT. Any person who has not paid for item will be blocked from future purchases.
Any item returned without our express permission or due to non-delivery to a correct address will not be accepted and/or is subject to a 20% restocking charge.
Shipping charges are not refundable under any circumstances. Please be on the alert for your package. All packages are shipped with tracking numbers.
Feedback will not be provided until after buyer has received item and has provided feedback on item and transaction.
- Merchandise mailed to a New Jersey address or picked up in New Jersey is subject to a 7% New Jersey Sales tax.
- At our discretion a shipping option that best matches the shipping service offered in the listing may be changed at no extra cost to the purchaser.
- All purchases paid for with Paypal will only be shipped to the address that appears on your Paypal sales receipt.
- All items are insured for the full purchase price.
- For both domestic and foreign shipments purchases that value $250.00 or over including shipping charges that are paid for with Paypal or Credit Card will be shipped by a method that can supply an online proof of signature on receipt as well as online tracking and confirmation of delivery. For international shipments UPS, FedEx and DHL international services will be used.
- If you receive a damaged item, report it to us immediately so we give you instructions on how to file an insurance claim. All packaging material must be kept with the damaged item for possible inspection by the carrier. If you do not keep the packaging material you will not get a refund. No refunds for items damaged while being shipped will be issued without filing an insurance claim.
- If possible we will combine orders to save on shipping cost.
- If Paypal places a temporary hold on your funds due to your funding source, bank or credit card company, not forwarding the funds to Paypal we will not ship until Paypal releases the hold. If Paypal does not release the funds in a reasonable amount of time we reserve the right to cancel the sale.
- Acknowledgement of the winning bidder must be within 3 days of end of auction. Payment must be received within 4 days of end of auction or seller has right to re-list.
International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
Customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.
We won't under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws.
If bidders from countries other than those I ship to wish to bid please contact me thru Ebay for permission.
Please see our shipping terms regarding shipping costs for international shipments.