LifeTime Wood Treatment has been treating marinas, houses and decking for over 60 years with a recipe handed down through three generations of wood-working craftsmen.
This product is unique to the world of stains. In this age of concern about our environment, both consumers and contractors are very receptive to products that are low-toxic and friendly to nature.
Lifetime Wood Treatment is an Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic Wood Treatment that lasts a LIFETIME!
LifeTime Wood Treatment is:
- Non-Toxic - The natural substances penetrate the wood fibres, permanently modifying the wood structure. Independent laboratory testing confirms that LifeTime creates no harmful residue in soils and water. LifeTime is friendly to plants, animals and people and can be used in direct contact with garden soil.
- Easy to Use - A powder concentrate available in 3.8 liter/1 gallon and 19 liter/5 gallon packages. Just mix with water. Apply to bare, untreated or pressure treated wood using normal application methods. An all-purpose treatment for all new wood without need for maintenance. There is no need to ever scrape, re-stain or worry about fading and wear.
- Inexpensive - The retail price for 3.8 litre/1 gallon package of concentrate is $18.95 CAD. In powder form, LifeTime can be stored indefinitely. Because you only mix what you need, you will never have large amounts of LifeTime solution left over.
Frequently Asked Questions on Lifetime Wood Treatment
The recipe for LifeTime Wood Treatment has been handed down for over 60 years through generations of a family of woodcrafters. This wood treatment is now available commercially in Canada, allowing homeowners and manufacturers to share in the benefits of this truly unique product.
Heightened concerns about our environment and the protection of our natural resources are apparent everywhere and the availability of this product is truly good news. Users of LifeTime Wood Treatment will save time and money while lessening the harmful impact on our soil, air, water and forests.
Following are some frequently asked questions about LifeTime Wood Treatment with some straight answers from the manufacturer, Valhalla Wood Preservatives Ltd.
Q1: What is LifeTime Wood Treatment?
A: LifeTime is a highly effective wood treatment which beautifies outdoor wood for a LifeTime of enjoyment
Q2: Many products claim to be safe to use, what makes LifeTime so different?
A: Over time and with exposure to the sun and rain, all LifeTime treated wood develops a beautiful silver to dark brown patina. This natural patina is a weathering process with a high UV protection.
Q3: What is LifeTime made of?
A: Lifetime is made up of naturally occuring plant and mineral substances, combined in a special family recipe. The solution soaks in and penetrates wood fibres. Independent laboratory testing confirms that LifeTime creates no harmful residue in soil or water.
Q4: Lots of products for the exterior wood claim to be no-maintennce, but in fact have to be re-applied within 2-3 years. What does LifeTime mean by no-maintenance?
A: No-maintenance means you apply one treatment of LifeTime and NEVER touch it again. Lifetime can not be worn off, will not peel or fade. Natural weathering actually increases it's beauty and effectiveness.
Q5: Is LifeTime good for most types of wood?
A: Absolutely. LifeTime is effective for outdoor wood applications including even floating rafts and marina docks! If it's wood, LifeTime will do it good.
Q6: How is LifeTime applied?
A: It can be applied in all conventional ways including by brush, roller, spayer or dipping. It can be safely worked while still wet without leaving permanent finger or foot marks. It can also be applied in any weather down to 0 degrees Celcius.
Q7: How long is its' shelf life?
A: In powder form, LifeTime can be stored indefinitely. After mixing with water, the solution keeps best in a sealed jar and will last an extremely long time. With increased time however, water may become stagnant unless distilled water is used to mix the batch. Because you can mix only what you need, the likelihood that you will have large amounts of LifeTime solution left over is minimized.
Q8: Will LifeTime prevent wood from cracking & warping?
A: All wood contains moisture and dries during exposure to sun and wind. LifeTime will not cause additional cracking or checking in the wood.
Q9: It sounds expensive. Is it?
A: No! In fact, LifeTime is priced below several nationally advertised stains and wood treatments that must be applied many times over the life of the wood. LifeTime is simply the least expensive and most effective wood treatment available. Shipping and handling costs have been greatly reduced because LifeTime is purchased in powder concentrate form and the savings are passed onto the end user.
Q10: Can I apply sealers or coloured stains over LifeTime?
A: Yes, you can. But we don't recommend it.
How To Use Lifetime Wood Treatment
Easy to use
- LifeTime Wood Treatment is purchased as a powder concentrate in 3.8 liter/1 gallon and 19 liter/5 gallon packages. Just mix with water. Apply to bare, untreated or pressure treated wood using normal application methods – brush, roller, dipping or spraying. Wood can be handled while wet without leaving marks on the wood making it a convenient application process during a construction project. The weathering process helps penetration and can be accelerated by wetting and drying the wood.
Easy to clean-up
- LifeTime Wood Treatment cleans up simply with soap and water.
- In its concentrated, dry form LifeTime will store indefinitely. After mixing with water, the solution keeps best in a sealed jar and will last a very long time. With increased time, water will become stagnant unless distilled water is used in the mixing process. If you mix only what you need, you minimize the possibility of having large amounts of LifeTime solution left over.
Sealers or colored stains
- Sealers are not necessary and not recommended. LifeTime Wood Treatment does not seal wood but instead allows the wood to breathe and age naturally. Coloured stains can be applied over LifeTime but most commercial stains do not offer the weathering feature that is integral in the LifeTime process. Water based pigments can be successfully added to LifeTime and in the future Valhalla Wood Treatment will offer a range of tints that are compatible with LifeTime Wood Treatment.
When To Use Lifetime Wood Treatment
For a highly effective wood treatment
- LifeTime Wood Treatment is made up of naturally occurring plant and mineral substances, combined in a special, 60 year old recipe handed down through generations of a family of craftsmen. In 1990, a landscape architect tried the product on a fence in a major development. He was so impressed with the product that he convinced the family to make their remarkable recipe available to consumers.
To maintain and beautify wood
- As the years pass, the finish gets better and better in spite of and because of the elements that normally cause the finish to deteriorate. LifeTime Wood Treatment gives wood an attractive silver patina with variations depending on the type of wood. Fir has a dark brown to olive brown hue and cedar a dark brown to reddish brown hue. Over time and with exposure to the elements, through the treatment process, the natural patina is enhanced with a silver quality. If a new piece of wood is treated and installed along side older treated wood (ie. fence board/panel) the new wood will soon blend perfectly with the old. Cracking and checking is part of the weathering process. LifeTime works with this process by migrating into cracks to cover the newly exposed wood as it occurs. Chemical sealers and stains cannot make this claim.
A safe chemical free product
- LifeTime contains absolutely no solvents. Wood treated with LifeTime is completely harmless to all living things. The natural substances in LifeTime Wood Treatment penetrate the wood fibres, permanently modifying the wood structure. Independent laboratory testing confirms that LifeTime creates no harmful residue in soils and water. LifeTime can be used for posts and retaining walls that come in contact with the ground. It is recommended that fence posts be soaked in LifeTime for at least 2 days and standard construction methods be followed. (Posts set in concrete with the tops sloped to drain surface water.)
To enjoy more leisure time
- LifeTime means one application and no maintenance. It cannot be worn off, will not peel or fade. Many exterior products that claim to be maintenance free must be reapplied periodically. You conserve time, energy and the environment with LifeTime. Only standard cleaning to remove dirt or organic matter may be needed.
An inexpensive wood treatment
- LifeTime is priced below several nationally advertised chemical applications and stains. Its economy is greatly enhanced because it is applied only once. LifeTime Wood Treatment is packaged as a powder concentrate further reducing the shipping and handling costs and providing a long shelf life. It can be stored indefinitely when kept in a dry location. Not only is LifeTime the most effective wood treatment but it is the least expensive.
For pictures and FAQ on Lifetime Wood Treatment, please view our website at www.ujr.ca/EN/lifetime_wood_treatement.htm
Purchase more than one and pay only $3 additional shipping on each additional item.
We also have a 5 gallon size available for larger jobs.
Visit our EBay store for more items!