Hand Crafted Cedar Strip Canoe Wooden Display Model Boat 9.8'
This museum quality, highly detailed, Cedar Strip Canoe display model is brand new, fully assembled and ready for display (not a kit). The
Canoe is manufactured by "Woodenboat USA" (formally Grande Canoes) a
division of our fully assembled model ship & boats company OMH Inc.
Woodenboat USA has more than 30 years of wood working experience and a
passion for the water crafts they build. All Woodenboat USA Canoes
& Kayaks come with a 1 year limited warranty against defects in
materials or workmanship.
beautiful Canoe is handcrafted from beautiful strips of 100% Canadian
western red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber).
The hull is then covered with an invisible layer of clear fiber glass
cloth which is bonded with watertight clear epoxy resin and is then
coated with marine varnish. This combination of fiberglass & epoxy
is very strong & abrasion resistant and completely transparent so
that the beauty of the wood shows through while protecting it for
This Cedar-strip canoe model is completely hand built by skillful and creative master craftsmen, using a process called Strip-building which is a method of boat building commonly used for canoes and kayaks, but also suitable for larger boats. The process involves securing narrow, flexible strips of wood edge-to-edge around temporary forms. The
strips are secured to each other with epoxy glue. The roughly covered
hull is then smoothed and reinforced with fiberglass cloth & epoxy
before removing it from the forms. The inside is then smoothed and
The canoe is built exactly the same as our full size canoes and is very seaworthy, but it is small only 9.87 feet long and is meant for display. It would make an ideal canoe for young kids, the canoe only weighs 27 lbs (a benifit of strip building). This canoe has had ribs installed to make it even stronger and prettier. Included with this model is a wooden paddle.
This display canoe measures 118.5" long from bow (front) to stern (rear). It's a show stopping canoe model that is sure to be a conversation piece for any large room, lodge, restaurant or pub.
Highlights about this canoe model:
- 100% hand built from scratch using “strip-built” construction method.
- Included with this Canoe Model is a wooden paddle.
- Size: 118.5" length x 16" height x 26.25" width.
- Bow height: 16"
- Mid height: 8"
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Condition: New (fully assembled)
- Hundreds of hours where required to finish this display canoe model.
- Made of finest Canadian red cedar wood (a very rare, soft yet very strong timber).
- All the wood is naturally seasoned and kiln dried before use to make sure that the completed product withstands any climate.
- This canoe went through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
- SHIPPED VIA FREIGHT (TRUCK).
- FREE LOCAL PICK-UP AVAILABLE at City of Industry, CA.
Please buy with confidence-100% money-back guarantee
Please take a look in capt.jimscar-go for more Cedar Strip Canoes & Kayaks, Museum Quality Ship Models, Extra Large Ships Wheels, Nautical End Tables, Nautical Globe Bars, Mark V Diver Helmets, and more...To see more items - Click on the Logo below
(close the new window to return to this item)!