Kurzweil K2500 and K2500R OS and Object File Updates - on floppy disk - for units without KDFX.
The K2500/K2500R OS and Object file updates are available on the web, but most people don't have a floppy drive in their computer now. These floppy disks will update a K2500/K2500R to the last and best Operating System that was made for the K2500. When installing the OS, you must also install Object files. Installing the new OS and Object files is easy, but you need the correct files for your particular unit.
OS/Object File Updates
Please note: There are two different sets of OS and Object files - one for units without the KDFX option, and one for units with the KDFX option. You need to be certain to install the correct OS and Objects for your particular unit.
For those of you unsure of whether you currently have KDFX (effects board option): If you currently have version 4.0 or later of the OS, you have KDFX in your unit. If you have an earlier version, you do not have KDFX. If you purchased the K2500/K2500R used, its possible that the previous owner removed some option boards, and then didn't update the OS and Object files to the correct versions.
To check the Operating System in your unit: version # is displayed in the bottom of the screen on power up (K2500 OS V#.##).
To check the Object files you currently have installed go to the MASTER mode and look at what appears for Intonation Tables 18-22. You may not have entries for all 5 locations depending on your ROM Block configuration. If you purchased the K2500/K2500R used, its possible that the previous owner removed some ROM Option Boards, and didn't update the Object files to the new configuration.
Disks included (for units without KDFX):
- K25OSv302.KOS (OS version 3.02)
- OBJ350.K25 is for a stock unit with no ROM blocks (programs 1-199 and 770-769) KB3 programs are 770-769
- OBJ360.K25 is for a unit with the Piano ROM block (programs 1-199 and 770-787)
- OBJ370.K25 is for a unit with the Piano & Orchestral ROM blocks (programs 1-199, 770-793, and 900-999)
- OBJ380.K25 is for a unit with the Piano & Contemporary ROM blocks (programs 1-199, 770-787, 794-799, and 800-899)
- OBJ390.K25 is for a unit with all ROM boards (programs 1-199 and 770-999)
I will email buyers installation instructions for the OS and Object files, and give you email/phone support.
I also sell the K2500/K2500R OS and Object Files on Floppy Disk for units with KDFX in my Ebay Store, SynthPlus.
Email me with any questions.