KAWASAKI VULCAN SPRINGER CONVERSION KIT
THIS IS JUST THE CONVERSION KIT. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FRONT END!
Wanting to put a Springer front end on your VULCAN? In years past your only solution’s were to pay someone to custom build one to fit your bike, have access to a machine shop or replace your stock neck with a American V-Twin neck. The above scenario’s were normally big dollars and inconvenient. Finally someone is offering a true kit to allow the use of big twin style Springer front ends on your metric bike.
Each kit has been designed specifically for the model listed so you can be sure it is truly a bolt on affair* (see fitment note). Most customers can install the kit/front end in a weekend. The kits are designed to use DNA or Mid USA brand Springer front ends. These springers are plentiful and can be purchased relatively inexpensive when compared to a custom built unit. The kits come complete with everything you will need to install the front end that you purchase seperately with step by step instructions.
READ THE ENTIRE AD. IF ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL THE SHOP AT (317) 823-1195
FITS THESE KAWASAKI MODELS ONLY:
KZ1000 All 81-83, KZ1100 ALL 81-83, KZ750 F/L/N, VN800 95-06, VN1500 A/B/C/D/E DON'T SEE YOURE MODEL LISTED? Contact us as we can make a kit for just about any bike.
WE KNOW THE BIKE PICS DO NOT MATCH THE KIT. JUST THERE FOR REFFERENCE.
1. Can I reuse my stock front wheel? Yes and No. Since the Springer is designed for a big twin it utilizes a .750” axle and most of your metric bikes use a 20mm (.787”). A custom axle can be made or purchased however, keep in mind your brakes will not work without modifications i.e. custom caliper mount etc. Most customers use this opportunity to switch to a H-D wheel as the selection is huge and relatively inexpensive in addition to allowing bolt on front brakes.
2. Will a springer frontend change my front end geometry? A miniscule amount if any. If you look at your stock front end you will notice your fork tubes are mounted forward of your stem bolt, this is what’s referred to as offset. On a Springer your rear legs are mounted in line with your steering stem and the wheel is offset forward at the bottom with the rockers. Basically the wheel remains in approximately the same place just the offset is done at the bottom and not the top. NOTE: LOWERING YOUR BIKE WILL CHANGE YOUR GEOMETRY! WE SUGGEST IF YOUR ARE LOWERING YOUR BIKE TO DO EQUALL AMOUNTS FRONT AND REAR SO YOU’RE LOWER FRAME RAILS REMAIN PARALLEL TO THE GROUND.
3. Can I use my stock gas tank? As described above since your new top tree has no offset you may need to make minor alterations to your tank or gauge housing for clearance with the front end at full lock. Some clearance issues can be fixed with just taller risers. Going this far with your bike again most customers opt for an aftermarket tank.
4. Will I be able to turn? I have heard you can’t with a Springer on a metric bike! On some models that have a wide frame configuration at the top of the neck where it welds to the frame maybe. You can easily gain additional turning by grinding or cutting the stops on your frontend. On springers the stops are cast onto the rear legs and are easy to modify. We do it all the time!
5. Will I have to modify my stock neck? Normally not, as long as nothing hangs below or extends above or beyond neck diameter (I.e. fork lock etc.). Again most customers do cut any unnecessary tabs off the neck for cosmetic reasons.
**** A NOTE ABOUT FITTMENT:
THESE KITS ARE DESIGNED TO WORK WITH DNA OR MID USA BRAND SPRINGER FRONT ENDS. THEY MAY WORK ON OTHERS BUT WE MAKE NO SUCH CLAIM.
ARDCORE CHOPPERS MAKES NO GARUNTEE AS TO CLEARANCE/FITMENT WITH STOCK GAS TANKS, HANDLEBARS, CONTROLS ETC. IT IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE PROPER CLEARENCES EXIST.