Key Features of the Olympus DS-2400 Recorder
SD REMOVABLE MEDIA.
The supplied 1GB SD Card provides an ample amount of memory and the durability and reliability you need in a removable media card.
Newly developed DSS Pro(DS2 format) with improved high-quality sound provides highly compressed file size and superior clarity. Supports USB 2.0 High-Speed which enables high speed file transfer to your computer.
CONVENIENT FILE CREATION.
End one dictation and begin the next with a simple press of the "New" button.
Take advantage of the ability to insert and overwrite on an existing recording file.
DSS PLAYER SOFTWARE.
Provides easy file management in your computer. Supports both Windows and Macintosh.
- Enjoy plenty of recording time with the included 1GB SD Card removable media.
- Never miss a beat with the voice activated Variable Control Voice Actuator feature that records audio as soon as it senses sound. It conserves memory and battery life, too.
- Directly connect to a PC for fast file transfers with convenient PC Link capability.
- A full dot, backlit LCD provides for easy viewing, even in bright conditions, so you can easily watch your recording times, battery life status and more.
- Save files in high-compression DSS format using the included DSS Player software.
- Manage audio files in up to 5 customizable folders.
- New customizable navigation pod.
- Use the easily accessible "Erase" button to quickly erase single files or entire folders.
- Switch between "Conference" and "Dictation" settings.
- Choose between SP and QP recording modes.
- Finish one dictation and begin the next with a push of the "new" button.
- Place index marks at specific points in passages for quick retrieval.
- Compatible with voice recognition software.
- Enjoy efficient battery power: up to 32 hours provided by two AAA batteries.
- Compact and lightweight design for easy portability
Key Features of the Olympus AS-2400 Transcription Kit
The AS-2400 is compatible with DM, DS, WS, and VN-6200PC recorders from Olympus to provide a complete transcription solution. Complete with footswitch, headset, and powerful software, the AS-2400 can easily be integrated into the workflow of any office system and significantly streamline data sharing and distribution of dictations between professionals, departments, and office locations.
Automatically download files when the recorder is connected to PC.
Edit files, add/remove index, add comments, or change the priority setting.
HANDS FREE CONTROL.
Included RS-27 Footswitch can control playback of the file.
EASY FILE MANAGEMENT.
- Manage DSS, DSS Pro, WMA, MP3 and WAV/AIFF audio files.
- Plays DSS, DSS Pro, WMA, MP3 and WAV/AIFF audio formats in the background when another application is running, such as a word processor.
- Enables foot switch control of the playback process.
- Transcription can be done by combining the playback sound with the adjustable playback speed, tone control, and noise cancellation.(It is not possible to playback while setting the playback speed and noise cancellation simultaneously with the Macintosh version.)
- Voice recognition of dictation files is possible with the Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.0 and later.*
- Automatic software update through Internet.*
- 2 modes/views of operation for Transcribe bar.*
* Windows only