Personalized Irish Hurley - KENNEDY Family Crest
- We can do most family crests
- customized hurling gift.
- We will engrave your hurley with your family crest and can also inscribe a short text message for you on the hurley if required such as birth date.
- We aredelighted to present a great personalized hurling gift from Ireland.
- The images are designed in full colour and print laminated onto the wood, then finished with a high gloss glaze to protect the wood and imagery. Black high gloss taping is then applied to give the authentic hurl finish. Irish Ash wood is used for the hurleys. The hurls are gift items, designed for display purposes and are not recommended for use on the playing field.
- No imported materials are used, 90% of the hurl is Irish grown wood
- Read about Ireland's national game of hurling below
- PLEASE NOTE - Made to Order, will ship about 1 week after purchase
Your own Inscription Text Message
- We can engrave your own text or short message on any hurley we make, just send us a message with your chosen text at eBay checkout or send us an eBay message
- 26" inches long, can also be made to 32" upon request
- The hurls we use are made in Ireland with 100% Irish sourced materials
The Obama Hurl
When US President Obama visited Ireland in May 2011 he was presented with a specially made customized hurley with the Presidents motto in Irish Is Feidir Linn (Yes We can), his family crest, and the inscription "Presented to Barack Obama, President of the United States of America, on the occasion of his first visit to Ireland, May 2011 by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny TD". It was a huge hit with President Obama !
The Game of Hurling
Hurling is an outdoor game, administered by the GAA. Versions of the game have been played for at least 3000 years. It is the world's fastest field game.
The game is played by two teams of fifteen players. The object of the game is to use a wooden stick called a hurley to hit a small ball called a sliotar between the opponents goalposts, either ove the bar (1 point) or under the bar (a goal = 3 points)
The sliotar can be caught in the hand and carried for not more than four steps. It can be struck either in the air, or on the ground with the hurley.
Hurling is played amongst the Irish Diaspora throughout the world.
It is organised at club level in parishes and villages all around Ireland. The best players in each county compete in the All Ireland Hurlnig Championships every summer, culminating in the All-Ireland Hurling final on the first Sunday in September which is every bit as important to Ireland as the Superbowl is to the USA.
The games strongest counties historically are Kilkenny, Cork and Tipperary. Other hurling counties of note are Wexford, Limerick, Waterford, Clare, Galway, Offlay and Dublin.