Details about JBL 4652 Sound Reinforcement Speaker w/ Heavy Duty Swivel BracketSee original listing
Jun 23, 2012
California, United States
Very Clean JBL 4652 Sound Reinforcement Speaker with All Original JBL Drivers and Heavy Duty Ball Swivel Mounting Bracket
[[[ NOTE: This is a single speaker, not a pair of speakers! Note also that this is intended to reinforce other existing speakers in very large industrial type settings, and is not really intended either as a main speaker or for home use. ]]]
The JBL 4652 speaker is from the JBL professional lineup, and is intended for sound reinforcement in nightclubs, churches, and other large spaces. As such, it is incredibly rugged and durable, intended to be installed and then left alone for years if not decades. It is very easy to drive (100dB), has a wide dispersion pattern (80 x 100 degrees), can handle a lot of power (250 watts) and has built in attachment points all over. In addition, it comes with a great industrial strength bracket which gives you the convenience of not having to buy or build a custom wall mount set up.
The speaker is in exceptional condition, has all original drivers in superb cosmetic and functional condition, and cosmetically the cabinet and grill are in excellent shape. There are a few very minor cosmetic blemishes, but even from a few feet away the speaker looks fantastic as you can see in the photos. The grill cloth is original ( a dark brown) and has the original JBL badge on the front.
. 100 dB sensitivity, 1 W, 1 m (3.3 ft)
. 50 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
. 100 degree x 80 degree Flat-Front Bi-Radial horn design
. Titanium diaphragm compression driver with diamond surround
. High power 300 mm (12 in) low frequency SHG transducer
. Steel reinforced ¾ in 7-ply domestic birch enclosure with oak-grain finish
. 14 integral attachment points for secure installation
Information from JBL:
The model 4652 was developed in response to demand from the field for a high performance utility sound reinforcement loudspeaker system in a cost effective package.
The 4652 has outstanding performance characteristics including wide dispersion, smooth frequency response, high power handling and efficiency, and low distortion. In addition, the enclosure has been designed with integral steel reinforcement to accept safety-rated attachment hardware. This combination of features make the 4652 ideal for installation in houses of worship, boardrooms, nightclubs, and other applications requiring reliable performance from a system that is visually appealing and unobtrusive.
Low frequency program is accurately reproduced by a 300 mm (12 in) transducer featuring a SHG (Selective Harmonic Geometry) magnet structure. Through the use of
advanced computer modeling techniques, the SHG magnet structure has been designed to focus the magnetic field symmetrically across the entire length of the gap and voice coil. The result is virtual elimination of second harmonic distortion and control of third harmonic distortion for outstanding clarity and definition.
Here is the link to the JBL PDF Specification sheet on this speaker:
JBL 4652 Speaker Specifications:
* Drivers / Transducers:
… Low Frequency: JBL 2022H Woofer
… High Frequency JBL 2416H-1 Compression Driver
… Horn: JBL 2373
* Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz to 20 kHz
* Frequency Response: 70 Hz to 15 kHz (±3 dB)
* Power Capacity1: 250 watts continuous pink noise
* Sensitivity2: 100 dB, 1 W 1 m (3.3 ft)
* Directivity Factor (Q)2: 5
* Directivity Index (DI)2: 7 dB
* Nominal Dispersion:
… 100 degree horizontal
… 80 degree vertical
* Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
* Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
* Minimum Impedance: 6 ohms
* System Polarity: Positive voltage to .+. red terminal causes outward low frequency cone motion (IEC standard)
* Grille: Flame resistant polyester fabric
… Height: 22.5” (572 mm)
… Width: 15.75” (401 mm)
… Depth: 10.5” (267 mm)
Note: Mounting bolts protrude an additional 5/16 inch on all surfaces except front. Grille extends 7/8 inch on front.
* Net Weight: 22.7 kg (50 lb)
* Mounting Attachment: 14 points; accepts 3/8 in - 24 x 1 ½ in forged shoulder steel eyebolts
* Attachment Load Rating: 131 kg (290 lbs) capacity per minimum of two attachment points (10:1 safety factor straight pull)
Here is a great opportunity to buy a JBL 4652 speaker that works flawlessly and is in excellent condition and has a quality pre-mounted industrial strength pivoting bracket. Note that this is fairly large and heavy and I would prefer not to package and ship this speaker – as such I would like to try and sell this locally first, so I am listing this as a local sale item.
Thanks for the interest in my eBay item. Here are the general terms that I have for the item(s) that I have listed:
< NOTE – Pick Ups and Deliveries are in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are Local to me in San Francisco, Berkeley, Marin County, etc., I will be happy to deliver most items over $100 in value for free. If you are further away, I will still be happy to deliver to you but will charge a nominal fee to cover bridge tolls, gas and vehicle expense. In some instances I will travel further for a fee. >
 – SHIPMENT DESTINATIONS ARE ONLY WITHIN the USA, & the QUOTED RATE FOR STANDARD SHIPPING & INSURANCE are for DELIVERY AREAS WITHIN THE CONTIGUOUS 48 UNITED STATES ONLY!
If you are in a portion of the USA that is not contiguous (Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico, etc.), or you are in an extremely remote part of the USA that may require additional shipping costs (an island, a mountaintop, in a wilderness area, on board a vessel, etc.), I will still be happy to ship to you however the quoted shipping rate will not apply and I would need to quote you specific rates dependent upon your location. Please note that I am not shipping outside the USA as of this time.
Please note that some items that I sell are not shippable and are for local sale only, and are listed as a Local Sale.
 – ALL SHIPMENTS ARE ON MY SHIPPING ACCOUNT … All Shipments are on my own shipping accounts. I will not ship on your account or a third party account.
 – PAYPAL CONFIRMED SHIPPING ADDRESS … Before you pay with Paypal, be certain that the address that you want me to ship to is exactly what you have locked into Paypal at the time of payment! If you pay with Paypal, you must have a corresponding “Paypal Confirmed” ship to address, and this specific shipping address must be the same one that shows up on my own Paypal receipt of your payment.
On some occasions, buyers have multiple addresses registered with Paypal, and they send me a Paypal payment with one address, and then request to have the item shipped to a second Paypal address. Once you have made the payment to me, the only address that I can see is the original one on the original payment receipt. This is a static “snapshot” of the transaction at the time of payment and cannot be updated or revised, and Paypal will not discuss your account with me at any level.
If you use Paypal, I will not drop ship to another address unless that address shows up on my Paypal receipt as a “Paypal Confirmed” shipping address. If you use another means of payment (ie: Cash Upon Delivery) then this restriction does not apply.
 – INSURANCE … Any item that sells for more than $25 will automatically be insured, and that insurance cost is reflected in the shipping quote on eBay and on your invoice after purchase. I will be happy to add insurance to any item that you buy for less than $25 at your request and at your cost. Note that I can only insure for the exact sale price.
 – SHIPPING SMALL ITEMS … All small, lightweight items (such as CD’s, short audio Interconnect cables, DVD’s, etc.) are being shipped via the United States Post Office at the cheapest means possible.
 – SHIPPING LARGER ITEMS … All larger items (such as most audio components, smaller speakers, heavy exotic speaker cables, etc.) are being shipped via Federal Express Ground. I don’t have a precise line of demarcation yet as to what combination of size and weight is the cutoff for making this decision to go from the Post Office to Federal Express, but in general small Interconnect cables, CD’s, etc. will ship out via USPS, and everything else is Fed Ex. My goal is to lower the cost of shipping as much as possible.
 – EXPEDITING … All my package shipments are shipped on my Federal Express account, and are shipped either via Ground or Ground Home Delivery. If you want your item expedited – either by upgrading the shipping service (next day, 2-day, 3-day, etc.) or expediting the packaging and shipment by me, please make that point known via email BEFORE you make your purchase! While I have often packaged and shipped the same day of the purchase, I have a day job and sometimes travel for a day or two, so I am not always available to expedite a shipment in terms of my packaging turnaround. Note also that expedited shipping costs by all of the carriers (Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, etc.) can sometimes be truly astronomical!
 – SHIPPING TIMELINE … While I am generally very fast shipping the smaller items (within 3 business days), fragile items such as larger audio components and even small speakers with fragile driver faces take a lot of time to pack correctly. It may take me a week to pack even small bookshelf speakers because I am absolutely fanatical about creating a bullet-proof packing solution so that you get your item safe and sound, exactly as it left me. Turntable systems often take the longest because of the amount of disassembly required, and the fragile nature of the tone arm and other parts.
 – IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT EBAY SHIPPING TIMES … Please note that for eBay listings, when you set up a sale it asks you to specify “How many business days prior to shipment?”, and gives you options of 1,2,3,4,5,10, etc. business days. However after the item is listed, the words “business days” does not appear in the listing, and instead the listing just says “days”. It is important to note that Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days, so when a shipping time is listed as 5 days, that means it is exactly one week (7 calendar days), and not 5 calendar days. If you pay on a Monday, it will ship out to you on the following Monday. I package most of my shipped items on the weekend, so it is critical for me to have the weekend to pack within the allotted shipping time even if an item is purchased on a Monday.
 – PAYMENT for Shipped or Delivered items. Sales fall under two general categories -
* (10A) – Items that will be Shipped. Shipped Items are to be paid via Paypal, and payment is due within 3 days / 72 hours of agreeing to the purchase.
* (10B) – Items that will be Delivered Locally. Items that are too large or delicate, or for any other reason deemed non-shippable will either be delivered by me to your home or I will deliver to a rendezvous area that is convenient to us both. NOTE THAT I NO LONGER ALLOW PICK UPS AT MY HOME. Local deliveries need to be mutually agreed upon depending on both of our schedules, and my preference is COD (Cash Upon Delivery). This cash payment is also due within 3 days / 72 hours of agreeing to the purchase. I encourage you to communicate special situations before bidding or buying.
 – DEFERRED SHIPMENT OR DELIVERY OF PREPAID ITEM … Please note that in many situations I am happy to defer Shipments or Deliveries as needed to mesh with your schedule, however these deferred pick ups / deliveries still need to be paid in advance, and typically are pre-paid with Paypal. In some cases I have deferred shipments and deliveries for many weeks to conform to a buyers travel or vacation schedule - my limit is three months.
 – SHIPPING CONSOLIDATION … I am happy to consolidate shipments on multiple items to save you whatever shipping costs are possible. However, please indicate to me immediately if you want to wait on paying the invoice in order to buy more items and have them shipped together. The general rule is that if you buy one item (a CD for example) and want to buy a few more to lower the per item shipping costs, you have a week / 7 days after the last purchase to keep adding to your pile to be shipped. In other words, if you buy a CD on the 4th, and decide then that you want to keep shopping, you have until the 11th to buy at least one more item to the pile. If you buy a 2nd CD on the 10th, then your time extends to the 17th, etc., etc. At some point I will either run out of CD’s or we will agree that what you have bought makes a nice, tidy package to send.
 – QUESTIONS … If you have any questions, please email to resolve before bidding.