Details about Griswold Cast Iron Square Egg Skillet #53 – Cleaned and SeasonedSee original listing
Jun 20, 2012
[ 6 bids ]
Lemont, IL, United States
Used: An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Griswold Cast Iron Square Egg Skillet #53 – Cleaned and Seasoned
This Griswold small logo square egg skillet has been thoroughly cleaned and lightly seasoned and is ready to join your cooking staff the day it is received. The original date of this little skillet is unknown. It is 4 ½” square and it sets 1” high without the handle. With the handle it is 9 ¾” long.
The Griswold logo is very clear as well as the 53. The inside cooking surface is very close to its original condition but there is some extremely shallow pin point type pitting on the back side. There is minor discoloration in the cast iron from use and storage. It has the very slightest of a wobble from side to side but not from front to the handle when sitting on a hard flat surface. I can slide a business card under one corner and completely stabilize it.
The back of the skillet is marked:
Griswold logo – 1 7/8” in diameter
Square Egg Skillet
I clean all of my cast iron back to the original gun metal gray casting or as close as I can. This way it has no residue or contaminants from previous use or storage. The new owner can use with confidence in their safety. I only season with three coats of solid vegetable shortening in the oven for about five hours. This is why my cast iron does not always appear black. You could perhaps say it has been restored as close as possible to its original condition. There is a possibility that some of what I refer to as shallow pin point pitting is actually original to the casting.
I do no oil my cast iron so they show up shiny or better for the pictures. I do not put my cast iron in a smoker to get it black or paint it black. I do not put varnish on the inside cooking surface to make it appear glass shiny and smooth! I prefer to list as many flaws as I can see, find, or think. I want the buyer to be informed and pleased upon arrival.
And now for the not so fine print:
1. I am always glad to combine shipping whenever possible and the cost is based on the total weight of the package plus a confirmation slip. We make every attempt to ship within 48 hours of payment being received. This does not include Saturdays or Sundays. We only ship to the confirmed address recorded by E-Bay and Paypal. All payments must be received within 7 days. All non paying bidders will be reported to E-Bay.
2. I apologize in advance, but due to Trust and Safety concerns, I respond only to questions and inquiries sent through the eBay message system. All messages sent directly to my email are deleted unopened.
3. I pack with care and after it leaves my care I can not be held responsible for the length of time it takes for the delivery of the item. We pack all cast iron pieces in the method recommended by the Griswold Cast Iron Association. I try very hard to have my pictures with enough light to show the item I am selling. I do not like dark pictures that hide defects and problems and try very hard to show the buyer what they are purchasing.
4. All sales are considered final. Refunds are only given if the item is not as described and must be returned within 14 days with all original packaging and in the condition in which it was shipped. Please ask all questions before bidding. There is a handling fee included in the shipping calculation. If insurance is provided on the package, it is the buyer’s responsibility to follow through and file the claim as they are the one with the item and the claim number.
5. If you choose UPS shipping there is insurance already built into the cost of up to $100. We have found that USPS is not always the quickest method of shipment and have taken up to 30 days to deliver a package even with a shipping confirmation. I can not control how they handle their business nor the speed or lack there of in the timing of their deliveries.
6. There is a shipping confirmation number that will be shown on your Purchase History page so that you can track your item at any time.
7. We do all of our shipping through the E-Bay and Pitney Bowes system. Therefore, we ship to the address that shows in your E-Bay and Paypal account. If you need to have the item shipped to a different address you will need to change it is both systems before winning the bid and the invoice is sent. All of our shipping labels are printed and all shipping charges are calculated by E-Bay.
8. We do combined shipping on multiple purchases that are done within the same week. Usually the cost is about 60% of the total that is showing on the listing with the E-Bay shipping calculator.
9. International Buyers – Please Note:
· Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
· Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
· These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
· We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.