San Francisco's First Segway Tour through the San Francisco Waterfront! Our 7th Year.
Glide through the city on a Segway i2 with the San Francisco Electric Tour Company!
Easy To Learn - Fun To Ride
Glide With the Original San Francisco Segway Tour Company - Since 2004.
More fun than walking, more eco-friendly than driving -- the Segway is the best way to see San Francisco!
- Six daily departures
- Experienced guides
- Easy to learn
- Locally owned and operated
- Great for families, couples, or singles!
Tour Customer Reviews:
- Would highly recommend for families with kids. There are plenty of chances to get off and take pictures or just take a break. Can't say enough about how much fun we had!
- Our best activity in San Francisco. Can't wait to go again and participate in the Advanced Tour. --Katherine M.
Day Tour Departure Dates and Times:
Day Tours depart daily April through October 9:00 am, 12:30 pm and 4:00 pm. From November through March tours are 10:30 am and 1:30 pm daily. Tour operates every day except Christmas and New Years Day. Limited
availability on 4th of July, Fleet Week and during other special events
in San Francisco
$70.00 per person. $ 67.00 through E-bay.
Your narrated "Fisherman's Wharf and Waterfront Tour Route" will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay while you visit:
- Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park.
- Fisherman's Wharf and its picturesque fishing harbors.
- Cable Car turnaround.
- Ghirardelli Square home of delicious chocolate!
- National Maritime Museum and the historic sailing ships at Hyde Street Pier
- Spectacular views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Fish Alley, Fisherman's Chapel, WWII Liberty Ship and Submarine Pampanito
- Visit behind the scenes where the fishing industry, fleet and seafood processing are located.
- See the Dungeness Crab Stands in Historic Fisherman's Wharf.
Training takes 45-50 minutes, Day tours are two hours long Total: 2.5 hours including the training time. During the busy Summer season training time may be slightly longer.
All Riders Must:
- Ages 12 and up.
- Guests must weigh a minimum of 100 pounds and not over 250 pounds. (45 to 113 kilos)
activity is not recommended for some guests age 70 and up or guests
with mobility issues in part due to fall risk and duration of activity.
- Do not book this tour if you don't want to ride up and down hills or tire easily. You will be standing for 1 1/2 hours.
- Weight and age restrictions will be strictly enforced. No pregnant guests. No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- All guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance,
which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail.
- This tour subject to a minimum of 4 guests. Groups will be combined.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- No refunds for guests that ignore the rider requirements. Arrive ready for fun!
How do you get your Segway Tour Tickets?
1) After we receive your E-bay order & payment we will contact you for the specific tour date and time you want. Please indicate both your 1st tour time and date selection and an alternate tour times or dates in the event that your preferred choice is full or unavailable.
2) After you have made you date and departure time
selection a confirmed reservation for a specific date and time will be
sent to you via email. You will receive a Print and Go Ticket via E-mail. Print the ticket on your home or office printer. Present this tour ticket voucher on the date and time of the tour.
Tickets are not available by mail.
Training Session and Bike Lane Route Info:
Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike-it's intuitive but nobody is born knowing how to operate it. That's why the 2.5 hour tour time includes 45-50 minutes of rider training so you can get comfortable on the Segway before we head out on the route. During the busy Summer season training time may be slightly longer.
The training session provides first-time riders with the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to safely operate the Segway. You'll be guided through a simulated obstacle course of cones, turns, and an emergency stop to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience. Training includes:
- Hands-on training with an instructor, introductory video, test ride and skills review, rider courtesy instruction and review of the rules of the road.
Our routes in San Francisco are mainly on designated bike lanes. These bike lanes are adjacent to city streets. In some places the bike lane is the full width of the city street. We are in a busy big city and will be in some high traffic areas. San Francisco has more bike lanes per square mile than any other US City. Unlike Segway tours in other US cities we cannot operate the tours on the sidewalk. Each Segway has a radio so the guide can advise you to upcoming changes in the route. Similar to a bike ride you will have to be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
Liability Agreement :
All customers will be required to review and sign our tour agreement and liability waiver before starting their tour.
Hotel pick up:
We do not offer Hotel Pick up service for our tours.
Changes to Reservation:
You can change or cancel up to 3 days -72 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour. We have a limited amount of Segways and will be holding equipment for you. No shows are charged in full and will not be rescheduled. No changes for any reason within 72 hours of your scheduled tour. A signed liability waiver is required prior to your tour departure.
IMPORTANT Please check your final confirmation for correct date and time. It is your responsibility to be at the designated tour location on time and on the correct date.
Tours are conducted in English.
Meals Souvenirs and Miscellaneous Costs:
Tour does not include Meals, Beverages, Admission Fees, Gratuities or Souvenirs. Guide gratuities are not included and are appreciated.
Tour Size, Routing and Weather:
We reserve the right to change the size or routing of the tour to meet demands for that specific day. San Francisco is famous for the fog! Our tours run in fog, light rain or shine. We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Summer afternoon temperatures can be in the 50's. It can be very windy in San Francisco along the bay. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days. Segways are designed to run in any weather. If seasonal fog or weather obscures the view, tour routes may be altered. You will not be charged if we cancel a tour.
All of our Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ are here.
San Francisco Tours depart from the rear parking lot at 757 Beach Street near the corner of Hyde Street.
Located across Beach Street from the Hyde Street Cable Car turn around in Fisherman's Wharf. A Wells Fargo Bank ATM (red sign) is at the entrance to the driveway to our training area.
The F-Line Historic Street Cars and both MUNI Cable Cars lines all transport visitors to the Wharf.