Details about Eric Clapton , Audio CD, AugustEric Clapton , Audio CD, August See original listing
Feb 12, 2014 10:15:01 PST
Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, United States
Very Good: An item that is used but still in very good condition. No damage to the jewel case or item cover, no ... Read moreabout the condition
1. It's in the Way That You Use It
3. Tearing Us Apart
4. Bad Influence
5. Walk Away
6. Hung Up on Your Love
7. Take a Chance
8. Hold On
9. Miss You
10. Holy Mother
11. Behind the Mask
12. Grand Illusion
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Tina Turner (vocals); Michael Brecker (saxophone); Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker (trumpet); Dave Bargerone (trombone); Gary Brooker, Greg Phillinganes (keyboards, background vocals); Richard Feldman (keyboards); Richard Cottle (synthesizer); Laurence Cottle, Nathan East (bass); Phil Collins (drums, percussion, background vocals); Harry Spinetti (drums); Larry Williams (programming); Magic Moreno, Katie Kissoon, Tessa Niles (background vocals).Producers: Phil Collins, Tom Dowd, Eric Clapton.Engineers include: Steve Chase, Peter Hefter, Paul Gommersall.All tracks have been digitally remastered.Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Greg Phillinganes (vocals, keyboards, background vocals); Gary Brooker (vocals, keyboards); Phil Collins (vocals, drums, percussion, background vocals); Magic Moreno, Katie Kissoon, Tessa Niles, Tina Turner (vocals); Michael Brecker (saxophone); Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker (trumpet); Dave Bargeron (trombone); Richard Feldman (keyboards); Richard Cottle (synthesizer); Nathan East (bass guitar); Henry Spinetti (drums).Photographer: Terry O'Neill .Having made his presence known in the MTV universe with his video for "Forever Man," Eric Clapton returned to the studio to record AUGUST, an album that found him working with a broad spectrum of writers. Unlike BEHIND THE SUN's class reunion of Clapton side musicians, AUGUST found E.C. backed by keyboardist Greg Phillinganes, bassist Nathan East (later of jazz supergroup Fourplay) and drummer Phil Collins (who shared production duties with long-time Clapton knob-twirler Tom Dowd).Clapton collaborated with some renowned writers here, including Robbie Robertson ("It's In The Way That You Use It") and Stephen Bishop ("Holy Mother," dedicated to the recently deceased Richard Manuel). AUGUST also found Clapton eschewing old blues covers for newer material written by Robert Cray ("Bad Influence") and Motown songwriter Lamont Dozier ("Run," "Hung Up On Your Love"). The most exciting moment on the record comes during the mechanized funk of "Tearing Us Apart," a Clapton duet with the red-hot Tina Turner.
Product Category : Music
UPC : 075992547628
Title : August
Artist : Eric Clapton
Label : Warner Bros / Wea
Release Date : 1990-10-25
Discs : 1
Binding : Audio CD
List Price (MSRP) : 11.98
Height : 0.4000 inches
Width : 4.9000 inches
Length : 5.6000 inches
Weight : 0.1500 pounds
Keywords : Album-Oriented Rock (AOR), Hard Rock & Metal, Adult Contemporary, Rock Guitarists
Condition : Very Good
OUR SHIPPING AND RETURN POLICIES: PLEASE READ!
1. We DO ship internationally and to APO's!! Typically international orders as well as APO addresses will take up to 30 business days to arrive. Please be patient and understand this before ordering.
2. Acceptable payment method: PAYPAL ONLY!
3. Unfortunately, we can not offer reduced shipping charges on multiple item orders.
4. Due to CD ripping we can not accept returns on non defective CD's and DVD's.
5. New sealed items may be returned as long as they are still sealed. Buyer will be responsible for all shipping costs within the transaction.
6. In the unlikely event an item is damaged during transit. (cracked jewel boxes ect.) Please contact us so we can remedy the problem.
7. If your item is returned to us for faulty address information, you will be required to pay for the item to be reshipped.
Feedback is very important to us. If there is any problem, please contact our customer service department so that we can address your issue.
Customer Service operates Mon-Fri 9-5 pm (Eastern Standard Time)