Registered in 1946, MIDNIGHT is a Cactus Pete hybrid. From plant to bloom this is a wonderful Epiphyllum to grow. Slightly ruffled inner petals start with a deep red midstripe that blends to a medium fuchsia purple at the edges. The second row of petals are the same colors as the first but just a bit darker. The outermost petals of this Extra Large (9+ inches) beauty are dark red with a pencil thin fuchsia purple edge.
When established the plant has flat growth that is 2 – 4 inches wide. On average the branches grow about 2 - 3 feet a year. This variety makes a beautiful plant and is very easy to grow. We recommend this variety for every level of grower.
Each plant is rooted in a 4” pot and has been growing for 1 to 3 seasons. We insure each plant is well rooted and most are ready for transplanting into bigger pots.
Plant sizes can range from 8 – 30 inches depending on variety ordered
All plants will have new growth
We Enclose a Complete Care Guide With Each Order
Epiphyllum Plant Basics
*Epiphyllum are one of the most exotic yet easiest to grow plants you can have in your garden
*Although a true cactus, they are found in the rain forests of Central & South America not in dry deserts
*Blooming season is late spring thru summer, with some varieties being off season bloomers
*Blooms range in size from 1 - 14 inches wide and stay open between 1 - 5 days depending on variety
*Branches grow from 6 inches up to 5 feet per year depending on the variety
*They need filtered sunlight, 50% sun / 50% shade is ideal, in hotter climates 75% shade can be used
*In winter plants need to be protected from freezing, tender growth should be covered at 36 degrees
*They are best grown in pots, but can be planted in the ground and trellised with little effort
*Epiphyllum do not like "wet feet", overwatering is the surest way to kill them
*They are not picky about fertilzer, a 10-10-10 slow release will work well
- *Please request an invoice before paying when purchasing more than 1 plant (this insures you receive the proper shipping discount)
- *Please Note: Invoices may be delayed on Thurs. & Fri. due to watering of the Nursery
- *We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express & Paypal
- *We Provide combined shipping discounts (see payment instructions)
- *All orders are shipped U.S.P.S. 3 day priority mail
- *Due to agricultural ristrictions we only ship within the United States
- *Gift shipments are available, please inquire before payment is made
- *We ship Mon - Wed for orders delivering outside of California
- *California orders are shipped Mon - Thurs
- *Please Note: During periods of extreme weather shipments may be delayed (you will be notified if this is necessary)
- *Returns are accepted within 14 days of delivery
- *Buyer is responsible for return shipping
- *Incase of damage due to shipping please retain all original packaging for carrier inspection
We guarantee our plants to be named correctly.
We take the utmost care in making sure each cutting or plant we sell is marked correctly. If ever one is mislabled let us know and we will replace it with the correct one for free
Pacific Epiphyllum Nursery is a family owned and operated nursery located in the San Gabriel valley of Califonia, we have grown Epiphyllum for over 30 years.
We are a fully licensed and inspected Nursery
- *All of our plants are grown from our stock plants, we do not buy and resell
- *We pride ourselves on selling the best quality plants available
- *We will never graft our plants onto Opuntia Cactus
- *We will never use trick fertilizers to produce unnatural growth