Details about Decware Zen Torii Tube Stereo Power Amplifier MKIII / EL-34 / USA / NewSee original listing
Jul 16, 2013
[ 2 bids ]
Brooklyn, New York, United States
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Decware Zen Torii Tube Stereo Power Amplifier MKIII / EL-34 / USA / New
We're Celebrating Our 13th Year On eBay!!!!
Spectacular Tube Amplifier Made in the USA!! We actually have two but this auction is for one of them.
This amplifier is new! Purchased in 2010, but never put into service because it's owners busy work / travel schedule.
Taken out of it's custom flight case (included) and tested for 1 hour.
100% functional. Tubes are brand new. (Because tubes have not been fully run-in we can't and won't guarantee them to be problem free)
Included: Amp, Power Cable, Tubes, Tube Boxes, Flight Case , Copy of owners manual
Not Included: NA
History: Single audiophile owner, non smoker
Physical Condition: As new from factory, Wood base seems to have come from factory with a few minor knicks
Working Condition: Fully Functional (tested for 1 hour)
Voltage: 120v, 60Hz (We do not convert to other voltages, but we believe this can be converted)
Shipping Weight / Shipping Method: Aprox 45 lbs - Contact us for a shipping quote
Having such a simple signal path gives the Zen TORII the same transparency as our SET amps where only 2 resistors and 1 capacitor are seen by the signal. And to complete the picture, we use no negative feedback, which is easy to do if you're building a Triode based amplifier, but the Zen is a Pentode design that forgoes the mediocre "ultra-linear" technique of maximizing the tubes power and smearing it's clarity. Instead we make our output transformers to compliment our tube regulated power supplies - which is the only other gimmick-free way to get linear response from a pentode without using destructive negative feedback. Of course it's far more expensive to do it this way, and makes less overall power which is why you don't find it on the vast majority of hi-end amplifiers.
The Zen uses a unique push-pull design that employs only a single capacitor and gain stage to drive the output tubes, just like our popular 2 watt S.E.T. amps. Add to that the cleverly simple way it preserves the even order harmonic content and you have a push pull amplifier that is truly unique in the market... It has the beauty of S.E.T. sound with the performance of the very best push-pull. Speed and attack are taken to a new level here. In fact, the Zen TORII makes most 200 watt solid state amps sound weak.
Don't forget to add us to your eBay favorite sellers list! Also! LIKE our Facebook page "Highendaudioauctions"
Highendaudioauctions is pleased to announce that we have just invested $4000 in a Sealed Air Instapak custom foam machine. That means if you buy an item from us that we do not have original packaging for, your purchase will be shipped safely encased in a custom molded foam clamshell. There is no safer way to package and ship the delicate audio treasures that we sell. So bid with confidence knowing that your investment will reach you in the same condition as described in this auction!
Highendaudioauctions has been a trusted source for high-end audio components on eBay for 13 years! Our unique product selection and unparalleled customer service keeps loyal customers coming back time after time. We have experience selling / shipping items WOLRD-WIDE, transactions from $1 to $50,000!
We also sell on Audiogon.com under username Squiddy
By placing a bid on any of our listings you agree to the following terms and conditions stated below
New York State Buyers Must Pay 8.875% Sales Tax
- Buyer is always responsible for all shipping charges, VAT, and customs fees if any.
- We take pride in expertly packing our items for safe shipment. When possible we try to be green and use recycled materials.
- Please do not contact us for a shipping estimate there just isn't enough time in the day for us to calculate shipping for everyone that contacts us. All items ship from 11215 Brooklyn NY 11215. Visit Fedex.com or USPS.com and estimate size and weight to calculate. We do not mark up shipping and we pass on our fedex shipping discounts to you.
- In the rare case that an item is damaged in shipment buyer must contact Highendaudioauctions within 4 days of delivery. If item is damaged in transit you must retain all box and packing materials to enable us to file a claim.
- Items shipped are insured for final auction selling price. If the postal service in the destination country limits the maximum insurance value and that value is below the final auction price highendaudioauctions cannot be held liable for insuring your item beyond this maximum value.
- We ship within 1-3 days after payment is received. You can expect us to clearly communicate with you and send you tracking information.
- Check with shipping provider for estimated delivery time.
- Local pickup is always welcome, though payment must be made in cash only.
- We accept Paypal, Bank Transfer, Cash, Personal Check (after clearing), Bank Check
- Items MUST be paid within 5 days of auctions end. If you cannot comply please contact us prior to bidding.
- All items are set for 120v @ 60Hz unless otherwise stated. We are not equipped to convert voltages.
- In the rare case that an item is received defective, you must contact us within 3 days of receipt. We will then work with you to resolve any potential issue. After 3 days we cannot assume responsibility.
- When an item is listed "as is" we do our best to describe the item but cannot be held responsible for any issues with the item due to age or condition.
- We are very reasonable, rational, and fair. Bid with confidence!
- Returns are accepted within 14 days
- 15% restocking fee + shipping both ways
- Item must be returned with our original packing including all accessories and in the exact same condition. Once these parameters have been met a refund minus 15% restocking fee + shipping will be granted.