Details about Christmas Eve Radio Broadcast -- WCFL Chicago 1967 (2)See original listing
Jan 06, 2013
Ventura, California, United States
|Genre:||Holiday||Album Type:||Full-Length CD|
Radio Station: WCFL
Length: 50 minutes on CD (digitally remastered and placed on CD at our studios here at Rock-it Radio)
This is an actual Radio broadcast from Christmas Eve 1967, over Radio Station WCFL "The Voice of Labor" in Chicago, Illinois. It truly is a great awesome flashback as the Radio Staff at the time as they do various broadcasting venues thruout Chicago on Christmas Eve 1967. Other DJ's on assignment includes Dick Biondi and Ron Christian. Here is a playlist of what you will hear in this vintage broadcast. This is the 2nd hour of the show that we have just remastered and relisted as the First hour has been so successful. We have brought the 2nd half of this special. The Link to the First hour is further down in this listing. Here is what you will hear in this 2nd hour of this broadcast.
1. Joel Sebastian's WCFL Christmas Broadcast Introduction.
2. Random Phone call by WCFL DJ "King Bee" (a/k/a Ron Britain) to wish them a Merry Christmas. (Funny) Suspicious party on other end.
3. Segment -- Snow means different things to many people ... if you're hip.
4. More references to Flower Power this Christmas
5. Old Town Chicago interview with a person celebrating a "Hippy Christmas" ... "even flower people appreciate democracy"
6. Song: Winter Wonderland
7. The Voice of Labor Editorial -- On Christmas and all the differences of the People around Chicago -- Pagan Rituals, to Celebration of Christ, Commercialism of Christmas, Poverty and Peace and War.
8. Song: Christmas Tree
9. WCFL Christmas Central Jingle
10. Interview with Nat Henthoff (writer and author of the "Now Generation") Talk on Christmas ... The Young People of today are more spiritual and willing to risk themselves.
11. Song: The Christmas Song
12. Another attempt to Connect and Call a Inn in Bethlehem, Israel.
13. Advertisement: For Slicker Dollies by Yardley Lipstick available at Osco Drug Store.
14. King Bee of WCFL with another Random call wishing them a Merry Christmas.
15. Song: Here comes Santa Claus
16. Interview with Dr. Albert Ellis (Psychologist) talks of the damage done to kids of the concepts of the good kid / bad kid behavior pertaining to Christmas. Also, the concepts of toy guns given to kids at Christmas Time.
17. Song: Little Drummer Boy.
18. DJ asking "Do you have a drummer boy marching to a different drum in Viet Nam?"
19. Viet Nam Story followed by Song by Peter, Paul and Mary "Oh Johnny"
20. WCFL Excedrin Ad.
21. Jim Stagg Interview in Old Town Chicago -- Bikers Interview -- Interviews two Bikers together -- Yellow Jaundice of The Hells Angels and Comanche of The Outlaws. Both giving there Biker Gang Thoughts on Christmas. "Yes WCFL Bikers Celebrate Christmas Too!"
22. Song: Happy Birthday Little Child -- Sung by Child
End of Broadcast.
If you want something different in the way of a Christmas Flashback this unique broadcast of showing how 1967 in Chicago and the Country was back then. The First Hour of this show is linked below.
All sales of this item goes back into Rock-it Radio and keeping alive Top 40 Radio and the music from the First Decade of Rock and Roll. To learn more about Rock-it Radio ---
And if you love oldies and the first decade of Rock and Roll -- We would like to also invite you to check us out below.
We have other vintage radio broadcasts from the era of Top 40 and early Rock and Roll / Rhythm and Blues Radio including Alan Freed, Mad Daddy Pete Myers, Casey Kasem, Bill Ballance, The Real Don Steele and others in our ebay store. Multiple orders receive the same postage rate as single orders. Satisfaction is guaranteed -- If not satisfied simply return product for a full 100% refund. Please also check our feedbacks of how people have really enjoyed these offerings.
Rock-it Radio is dedicated to the preservation and restoration of these vintage radio broadcasts as a history of how Radio was. 100% of purchase of this broadcast goes to maintaining this endeavor and keeping the music alive.
Satisfaction is guaranteed. If not completely satisfied for a full 100% refund just return this item. We invite you to check out our feedback on what people think of these classic vintage recordings of the age of Top 40 Radio of the 1950's and 1960's. Multiple orders also receive the same postage rate as single orders and we have several other vintage recordings in our Ebay store. Shipment is usually done within 24 hours of receiving payment.
Buyer's of this CD will also receive a discount coupon for there next purchase and our catalog listing 100's
Shipping: We have flat rate shipping here on Ebay so if you purchase one item or several you will have the same shipping price of one item. $1.50 U.S. -- That includes overseas orders as well that will be shipped First Class Airmail. We usually ship wtihin one business day.
On Aug-23-03 at 17:03:22 PDT, seller added the following information: