Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III mkIII, 201,862 original confirmed shutter clicks, box & all accessories, 2
21.1 MP Full Frame, 100% cleaned & updated & functional from Canon, 115 pictures, VERY NICE!
** WAIT FOR THE PICTURES TO LOAD **
Original shipping box and matching body serial number:
Battery information from camera battery #1:
Battery information from camera battery #2:
Usage and operating menu pictures:
Live View shots, with a 24-70L lens (not included in the sale):
Sensor dust shot, taken with a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L lens, ISO100, manual focus set to infinity,
in Av mode, and at F22 aperture, at 24mm, taken into a clear sky:
EOS Utility under MacOSX 10.7.3:
** Please see my other auctions **
I'm selling various 1ds bodies to help fund an eventual upgrade to newer camera equipment. I am not
the original owner of this body, but I can confirm that the camera functions to Canon specifications.
It is important to me that the equipment I am using and selling functions correctly and is
represented accurately, and I hand carried this body to Canon's Factory Service Center, in Irvine CA
for a complete Clean and Check service in February 2012, and picked it up in person.
I will include a copy of the Canon repair report for the buyer.
I asked Canon to advise the shutter count and mirror box count. They connected the camera to the USB
port, ran some diagnostic software, and manually wrote down the number of shutter and mirror box
clicks on the repair report.
See above for the picture of the original Canon repair report, and for the counts:
The shutter count was 201,861
The mirror box count was 202,578
The 1ds mkIII shutter is rated to 300,000 shots.
The 1ds mkIII mirror box is rated to 600,000 shots (double the shutter count).
Both of these data points mean that this camera body is still on the original shutter and mirror box,
with about 1/3 of the rated shutter and mirror box life left. You might think that this is a high
shutter count, but I personally had a 1ds mkII with a fully functional shutter at almost 300k; with a
shutter only rated to 200k.
I have taken just ONE
additional picture with this camera after asking Canon to verify the
shutter count, on February 14th. The last frame taken with this body was number 3T1R1902.
This was to check the sensor for dust after it was cleaned by Canon, and to verify Windows program shutter count (such as 1D Count
) and online shutter count (such as http://www.camerashuttercount.com
Therefore, this camera body has 201,862
shutter clicks on it, which are verified by Canon. See
above for screen captures of 1D Count and online shutter count tools. You can see that the 3rd-party
tools do NOT match Canon's count; Canon's count would be 201,862 including my 1 shot, 1dcount "0",
and Camera Shutter Count is 1,902. The third-party software is probably just reading the file number. Canon's
count should be considered the authority.
Cosmetic and functional condition:
Because this camera was serviced by Canon, and not a third party, the functional condition is 100%.
All operations were checked by Canon, and "Product functions were confirmed".
Please above for as much detail as I am able to describe and show in the pictures, taken with my
Canon SD750 point and shoot.
- The body cap fits tightly
- The eyecup fits correctly, and has no cuts or cracks on it.
- There are no bent pins on the CF socket. Images can be written to and read from the CF and SD card
sockets as expected.
- There are a few very light scratches on the rear plastic LCD cover. There is NO dust behind the LCD
plastic cover, and the LCD is very bright and displays images and text correctly.
- There are a few very very light scratches on the top LCD display, which do not inhibit legibility
of information shown on the LCD.
- There are no major dust spots in the viewfinder, but there are about ten small ones on the right
side, and on the far left top and bottom, by the edges of the frame. None of these affect the image
quality, since they are not in the image path.
- The mirror is very clean, as expected from being cleaned by Canon.
- There are no scratches on the sensor.
- There are a some very small dust spots on the sensor, in spite of the sensor being cleaned by
Canon, on the upper lefthand and upper and middle righthand side of the frame. See above for the F22
shot, taken into a blue sky with clouds. (In addition, it has been my experience that it is normal
that a DSLR, even if having been recently cleaned, can show dust on the sensor or viewfinder,
especially after being shipped or transported, so please expect that the sensor and viewfinder could
show some dust, after you receive it.)
There are a few minor scuffs and scratches and paint wear on the camera. None of these affect image
quality. Nonetheless, I am listing as many as I can observe for your reference, and please see above
for more detailed pictures:
-Paint wear on the bottom tripod mount.
-Paint wear on the battery compartment, where the latch catches
-Paint wear, above the lens mount, below the "a" in the "Canon" logo
-Paint wear, above the "C" in the "Canon" logo, halfway between the "Canon" logo and the
-Horizontal scratch, about 1 inch long, on the left side of the viewfinder housing, above
the "Light" button. This is hard to see without certain light hitting it.
-Horizontal and vertical scratch, each about 1/4 inch long, on the left side of the
viewfinder housing, below the flash hotshoe. This is also hard to see without certain light hitting
-Three or four small paint scuffs on the right side of the viewfinder housing, below the
-Horizontal scratch, about 3/8 inch long, on the right side of the viewfinder housing,
above the "MODE" button. This is very, very hard to see without certain lighting hitting it.
-some very small scuffs on the vertical portrait grip, and on the white autofocus point
-Small scratches as noted above on the rear and top LCD panel
- All buttons, levers, and switches are clearly legible, and function as expected. There is some
slight paint wear on the white autofocus icon on the vertical portrait grip, as noted above.
- The rubber grips are clean, as per the above pictures, and are firmly attached to the body.
- The latest firmware 1.2.0
- I have reset the camera back to the factory default settings, using EOS Utility 2.10.4, and Mac OS
X 10.7.3, with a USB cable. See above for a picture of these default settings.
From the above pictures, the sensor dust picture was taken with a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L lens,
ISO100, manual focus set to infinity, in Av mode, and at F22 aperture.
Please let me know if you would like the full resolution picture for sensor dust analysis.
The camera RAW file size is about 20mb, and jpg file size with high quality is about 7mb. This can
vary depending on the scene, ISO, and other factors.
The full camera body serial number is: 6290xx
The camera internal body serial number (inside the battery compartment) is: OW0404
Based on the Date Code
, this camera was manufactured in April 2008, in Oita, Japan.
If you are interested in a full-frame camera, you are aware what type of performance the 1ds Mark III
can achieve with a full frame sensor, high megapixel count, and the professional features it has:
durability, weather sealing, 45 point autofocus, F/8 autofocus capability with lens extenders, and
customization capability. The 1ds mkIII is a proven camera, and maybe more importantly, is currently
available, with known performance.
As a 1D body, what personally impresses me the most about this camera are the 45 autofocus points,
and the build quality.
Extras like LiveView and Autofocus microadjustment and SpeedLight control in-camera are icing on the
Please note that the 24-70L lens mentioned in the listing are NOT included in the sale.
The camera was manufactured in Japan, and the materials and build quality really shows, with
magnesium alloy body material and environmental seals all around, including around the flash storage
and battery compartment.
Here are some useful links with reviews, specifications, and documentation:
- Canon's product page
1ds Mark III user manual
from Canon's web page.
- The Wikipedia
- The Luminous Landscape
Parts that are included in this sale:
I believe that I have all of the original parts that were originally included with the camera
shipment, other than the original user manual in Spanish:
- The Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III body, body cap, EG eyecup, and original shipping box, with 201,862
original shutter actuations, verified by Canon. The shutter is rated by Canon to 300,000 actuations,
so this is about 67%
of the rated shutter life. The Canon body part number is DS126161, and
the serial number is 6290xx. The camera is currently registered under my CPS account, and I will
remove the registration before shipping it to the buyer. In addition, the camera will also be reset
to default factory settings.
- Canon LC-E4 dual battery charger, original unused AC power cord, and two original LC-E4 battery
charger covers. The LC-E4 charger functions as expected, and is able to discharge (calibrate) and
- Quantity two (2) Canon original LP-E4 batteries, and yellow terminal caps.
The Canon batteries have "V" date codes, which, based on the Date Code Analysis
, means they were manufactured
Both batteries show a "Maximum 3 green bars" under the "Recharge Performance" section in the
camera menu, 100% remaining capacity charge, and no shots taken with each battery. Neither of the
batteries display a message that they need to be re-calibrated, and both batteries will ship with a
Battery serial number VGA has some small nicks and scuffs in the plastic on the bottom side,
where it inserts into the camera.
Battery serial number VCA (?) has some scuffs on the label.
- Original Canon Wide Strap L6, which is unused and in the original plastic bag.
- Battery compartment cap
- AC adapter kit ACK-E4, which includes the AC adapter AC-E4, DC coupler DR-E4 and battery terminal
cover, and an original unused power cord
- USB cable protector with attaching screw (when you attach a USB cable to the camera, without
putting strain on the camera or the USB cable
- Original VC-100 video cable
- Qty. 2 new USB cables (not original Canon): New 6 foot gold-plated USB cable (like IFC-200U), with
ferrite cores, and new 15 foot gold-plated USB cable (like IFC-500U), with ferrite cores. These USB
cables can be used for USB Direct Print and to set the "My Menu" functions, owner name, and date and
time on the camera, when using EOS Utility)
- CD-ROM's: Canon Essential Products and Solutions Disk, EOS Digital Software Instruction Manual
- Documentation: 1ds mkIII user manual, English and Spanish pocket guide, CD-ROM guide, a "Please use
original Canon accessories" add-in, Pixma printer and Digital Learning Center add-ins, and the
original 1ds mkIII Warranty Card, which is not filled out
The camera body will be wrapped in the plastic bag from Canon service, and then placed in a Ziplock bag to avoid any shipping scuffs. The other accessories will be packed in individual Ziplock bags to avoid scuffs from shipping as well.
All parts will be packed securely, and I will ship via USPS Express Mail so that the camera will be received the day after shipment, and with insurance calculated for the full selling price.
The shipping and insurance charge is included
in the listing selling price, and this includes delivery confirmation with online tracking.
If payment is received by 3:30PM Pacific time, I am usually able to ship the same day.
If you are in Southern CA, an in-person inspection, and a local pickup with a cash transaction is completely welcome.
Please write to me with any questions. I am usually able to answer within a few hours, and feel free to leave me your phone number if you would like to talk over the phone. I am confident that you will not find a better described and documented camera than this one.
Please review my eBay feedback.
* All sales are final, and no returns are accepted. I don't engage in scams, and as you can tell from the above pictures and descriptions, I spend a lot of time to research, document, describe, and picture the product functionality in as much detail as possible, so that the buyer knows the exact condition and what
he will be receiving, and to avoid any misunderstanding or misinterpretation.
Your winning bid is a binding commitment to purchase the item, and I will leave feedback for non-paying bidders.
* If it's not listed in the auction, stated "not included", or not shown in the pictures, don't assume it's included. Ask me before the auction closes if you have any questions.
* In-person local inspection before auction close, cash transaction, and pickup are welcome, and highly encouraged.
* Contact me before you bid if you have many negative feedbacks. If you are not a member for longer than 3 months, or less than 10 positive feedbacks, I reserve the right to cancel your bid.
* No international bidders or shipping.
* Shipping time: I am usually able to ship within one day of receiving payment, and sometimes even hours of receiving payment; depending on my work schedule.
* Winning bidder must contact me within 1 day of close of auction, and payment must be arranged within 2 days of close of auction.
* Acceptable payment is cash with local pickup, or PayPal payment.
* Shipping charge: The shipping and insurance charge is included in the auction listing selling price.
On Mar-19-12 at 21:31:00 PDT, seller added the following information:
Use the FREE Counters 1 million sellers do - Vendio!