ALTO CLARKE EZ-8 DRUM FLOOR SANDER
115 VOLTS MODEL NUMBER 07012A
COMPLETE WITH NEW DUST BAG and 31' CORD
LIKE NEW DRUM! (See description)
E X C E L L E N T C O N D I T I O N !
MANUFACTURER MSRP: $3,073
SPECIAL OFFER: FREE SHIPPING WITH "BUY IT NOW"
Use "Buy It Now" to purchase this item, and I will send you an invoice with the shipping charge removed!
PHOTO NOTE: Want to see a larger image? Clicking a photo will open it in a new window. A second click will give you "the big picture"!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Expanding rubber drum grips belts--slip on, slip off--no messing with clamps!
- Uses 8 x 19 belts, commonly available in a number of grits from 24 to 100
- Leveling adjustment prevents uneven sanding
- Control lever allows fingertip control for "feathering" like a professional
- Dust collection bag--or connect it to your shop-vac for better dust removal
- Handle and dust pipe removable for easy transport in the trunk of even a small car, or secure storage in a jobsite workbox (be sure to pad the drum to prevent a flat spot)
- 12 gauge power cord with twist-lock connector. High quality rubber sheathing; dust-shielded, impact-resistant plugs
- "Pilot light" in plug indicates power supply to sander
- Momentary-action start switch prevents accidental startup when machine is plugged in, prevents damage or injury
- Thermal protection breaker prevents motor overheat or damage due to insufficient current (reset switch is on the side of the junction box behind the motor)
Disassembled for storage or transport--it only takes a minute!
This machine is in great shape, with very few scrapes or scratches. The sander runs quietly, and the casters roll freely.
The 40 ft. cord is super heavy-duty and in good condition, with normal scuffs and scrapes. Two dust bags are included; one is in good condition, the other is brand new.
BEST OF ALL, THE DRUM IS NEWLY RECONDITIONED! This is done by removing the old rubber, replacing with new rubber, then machining true and adding the cuts for expansion, and finally balancing. This process makes the drum the equivalent of brand new. (It's the same principle as replacing the tires on a car; you don't normally replace the wheels as well!) The drum was used for a few jobs, but you wouldn't know it except for slight wear on one edge (see photo). This is purely cosmetic, and this drum is 99.9% new!
Overall, this sander is in excellent condition. It's also a great deal, at only 38% of Clarke's $3,073 price sticker for a new one!
Underneath, nice and clean, but ready to get down and dirty!
The RECONDITIONED drum--equivalent to BRAND NEW!
Angled capacitor cover shows this is Clarke's most recent model; compared to older style (right)
LED in plug indicates power status; brand new rubber bumper
- Abrasive Sleeve Size: 8 x 19 in. (commonly available)
- Abrasive Rate: 2830 fpm / 1800 RPM
- Drum Pressure: 25 lbs
- Motor: 1 1/2 HP dual capacitor, thermally protected
- Motor manufacturer: Baldor, Ft Smith, Arkansas, USA
- Power: 12 Amps
- Weight: 125 lbs.
- Power cord: 12 gauge, twist-lock connection
- Serial number: GG2101
- Date of Manufacture: July, 2007
- Made in Springdale, Arkansas, USA!
You can see the manual in Adobe PDF format here: http://www.americansanders.com/Products/Sanders/~/media/A8DB7F67A0024546A76BEC95AC6EB8D0.ashx
Everyone knows that Clarke sanders have been THE top of the market in the flooring industry for decades. Their hallmarks are sturdy, long-wearing machines giving consistent results. I have seen Clarke sanders that are older than I am, and still going strong! (And that's--well, let's put it this way--I am a member of AARP...) I spent several years in the rental industry dealing with these machines, and other than running over the cord (an all-too-frequent occurance) the only time we had problems with the EZ-8 was when someone dropped it, or ran over nails (don't forget to pull 'em or pound 'em in!)
Someone will be seeing this view for many productive hours!
CARE AND FEEDING
- The drum has two grease fittings; one of them is hidden by the belt guard (and yes, I have greased them both!)
- Never leave the drum on the floor when not in use; it will cause a "flat spot". If storing the machine with the handle off, put something soft under the drum.
- Be sure to empty the dust bag when it reaches the full line, or whenever taking a break for more than a few minutes... while extremely unlikely, it is a spontaneous combustion hazard!
- Want to make your sanding belts last longer? They can be reversed--which exposes new cutting edges. Also, if you get loading (buildup of particles) on the belt, reversing can knock some of it off. Frequent reversing can add 50% to the life of a belt.
- If you are getting severe loading, try using a different grit, or walk faster, which reduces heat buildup.
- Be sure to check that the belt is centered on the drum before turning it on every time. (This good habit will also protect against accidentally using the machine without a belt, which can drastically reduce drum life--or even ruin it!)
- Never continue using a belt if part of it has worn off. Any exposed rubber on the drum will be abraded quickly; is saving a $7 belt worth ruining a $400 drum?
- If the circuit breaker is triggered (small white button on top of the motor junction box) then either the unit is overheating (I have known of this happening when sanding in 90+ degree temperatures; or it could be from prolonged heavy use), or the electrical supply is insufficient. Be sure not to use an extension cord if at all possible; if you do, it should be a 12-gauge, no longer than 50 feet, or a 10-gauge, no longer than 100 feet. It could also be that the building circuit you are using is overloaded; if a refrigerator, for example, is running on the same circuit, that's too much! Running the machine with insufficient current can cause motor damage!
- Dust bags should be washed occasionally to clear dust from the pores.
Once again, you are looking at an Alto Clarke model EZ-8 floor drum sander, which includes the dust bag and 40-foot cord. Please take a close look at the photos, check out the others listed on eBay, and let me know if you have any questions--and, of course, BID! You will almost never see sanders of this quality and condition on eBay.
Check my other items to see what I have listed.
SHIPPING: Because of the size and weight of this sander, it is only being offered in the continental United States. UPS Ground is the only option, and should reach almost anywhere in 2-5 business days. It will be shipped in two boxes, one containing the main unit, the other with the handle, dust pipe, etc. A signature will be required upon receipt.
FREE SHIPPING: Use "Buy It Now" to purchase this item, and it ships free! You can wait until I send you an invoice with the shipping price removed. Or if you want to make sure there's no delay, go ahead and pay; I will refund the shipping portion to your PayPal account.
LOCAL PICKUP: NO CHARGE! (Ask me how I deal with sales tax...)
SOLD AS-IS. THIS ITEM IS AS DESCRIBED, AND IN THE CONDITION DESCRIBED. Important: If the item arrives damaged, save all packaging materials and contact the shipper (and me) immediately! If there are any other problems with the item, please contact me. I will gladly work with you to resolve the issue, but a return will be offered only in unusual circumstances. I will not be responsible for any attempts to repair the item or to have it repaired without consulting me first.
IF YOU ARE THE WINNER, PLEASE CONTACT ME OR MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 48 HOURS, or the the item is subject to relisting.
AND THE FINE PRINT: Unless otherwise noted, all description and photos are of the actual item being offered, and nothing else is included. Fitness of the item for any purpose not stated in the listing or by the manufacturer is not implied. Any accessories are intended for use with the listed item, and their fitness for any other use is not stated. Shipping times are estimates; may be longer for those who live in the coastal regions. Seller reserves the right to change shipping methods, provided the method used is equal to or faster than that paid by the buyer. Any questions? ASK!!
THANKS FOR VISITING!
Be sure to check back, as I will be offering other fine tools from time to time!
tornadoalan assumes full responsibility for all information in this listing
Proud Member of ~GSEI~