Brand New/ \Factory Sealed GPS
What's in the Box
nüvi 1250T preloaded with City Navigator North America NT, Vehicle
suction cup mount, Traffic receiver (GTM 25) with lifetime
traffic,Vehicle power cable, Dashboard disc and Quick start manual
The nüvi 1250T GPS navigator features an ultra-slim design that fits
easily in your pocket (approximately 25% thinner than previous models),
enhanced user interface, ecoRoute, public transit mode, and
text-to-speech. The nüvi 1200 series also are the first nüvi devices to
offer pedestrian navigation capability enabled through optional
CityXplorer maps, which are available for select tourist destinations in
North America and Europe and can easily be downloaded directly to the
nüvi. The nüvi's enhanced user interface features improved graphics and a
new slide control for menu operation, while ecoRoute suggests
fuel-efficient routes to save drivers money and fuel. Also, Garmin's new
public transit mode allows you to navigate using buses, tramway, metro,
and suburban rail systems. Pre-loaded with City Navigator North America
An ultra-thin GPS navigator with great Garmin features like CityXplorer and ecoRoute. Click to enlarge.
Just over a half-inch thick. Click to enlarge.
Easy-to-use touchscreen interface. Click to enlarge.
greets you with two simple questions: "Where to?" and "View Map." This
screen is central to every navigation function and route-planning tool.
Simply plug and play. Click to enlarge.
The device announces the name of exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. Click to enlarge.
Thin New Design
The nüvi units are just over a half-inch thick and weigh only 4 ounces,
which means they'll fit easily into your pocket and can be taken just
With nüvi 1250T's
display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving
directions, photos, and more in bright, brilliant color. Its
sunlight-readable, bright 3.5-inch diagonal color display with white
backlight is easy to read--from any direction.
Easy-to-Use Touchscreen Interface
One of Garmin's core beliefs is to continually enhance the simplicity
of the user experience. The nüvi on-screen menus are logically arranged,
with clearly labeled, colorful icons, making it easy to enter data and
get to the information you need quickly.
Navigate with Ease
The nüvi 1250T comes ready to go right out of the box, with pre-loaded
City Navigator North America NT street maps and millions of points of
interest (POIs), such as hotels, restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs, and
more, with map data provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in
premium-quality mapping. Enter a destination on the touchscreen, and
nüvi takes you there with 2-D or 3-D maps and turn-by-turn voice
directions. Text to speech enhances standard sat-nav voice guidance by
speaking the names of places and roads. It even announces the name of
exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. In
addition, nüvi 1250T accepts custom points of interest, such as school
zones and safety cameras, and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you
of upcoming POIs.
Travel North America
nearly 6 million points of interest and detailed road coverage for the
United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, City Navigator North America NT
delivers all the data you need to navigate North America.
- Displays nearly 6 million points of interest--hotels, restaurants, parking, entertainment, fuel, shopping, and more.
- Includes highways, interstates, business, and residential roads in metropolitan and rural areas.
- Includes such detailed information as turn restrictions, roundabout guidance, speed categories, and other navigation features.
- Gives turn-by-turn directions on your compatible Garmin device.
- Includes postal code support for Canada.
- Contains traffic data for compatible Garmin devices that use traffic receivers.
- Enhances pronunciation data for compatible Garmin devices that speak street names (example: "Turn right on Main Street").
With the Public Transit feature, you can navigate using buses, tramway,
metro, and suburban rail systems with optional CityXplorer content.
Downloadable CityXplorer data and city guides are available for purchase
and download from garmin.com for many cities.
Where Am I?
Keep track of yourself and your car with nüvi 1250T. Just tap "Where Am
I?" to find the closest hospitals, police stations, fuel stations,
nearest address, and intersection. Also see your exact latitude and
longitude coordinates. The nüvi 1250T even remembers where you parked.
It automatically marks your position when you remove it from the
windshield mount, so you can navigate with nüvi on foot and find your
way back to your vehicle. Perfect for unfamiliar spots and crowded lots,
such as amusement parks, stadiums, and malls.
HotFix Satellite Prediction
Garmin's HotFix capability automatically calculates and stores
satellite locations, greatly reducing satellite acquisition time so that
you can turn the unit on and get going. With HotFix, your nüvi
remembers the position of all satellites it is tracking when you turn it
off, and calculates their movements in order to predict where they
should be the next time you turn it on. HotFix can predict satellite
positions for up to three days after the device was last turned off.
With this feature, drivers can view suggestions for fuel-efficient navigation, conserving both money and fuel:
- Save Gas and Money--Now
more than ever, we're all looking for ways to conserve both money and
fuel. Whether we're taking fewer trips or carpooling with family and
friends, saving resources is a top priority. It was that thinking that
led to the creation of ecoRoute--Garmin's free software update for
compatible nüvi products that allows you to find more fuel-efficient
routes when navigating and even track their fuel usage. With ecoRoute,
you may be able to save gas and money by adopting smarter driving
- Select Fuel-efficient Routes--With
ecoRoute, you have a "less fuel" option as a routing preference. When
selected, nüvi will determine if more fuel-efficient routes exist based
upon road speed data and vehicle acceleration data for a given route.
- Get Fuel and Mileage Reports--Through
ecoRoute's Fuel Report and Mileage Report, you can focus on your habits
even when you're not behind the wheel. Fuel Report tracks fuel usage
over time, and Mileage Report monitors mileage and fuel usage on a
per-trip basis. In addition, Mileage Report makes it easy for business
travelers to keep track of distance traveled for company reimbursements.
You'll have a detailed report for each trip and the miles driven. You
also can customize your nüvi by entering your car's fuel economy and the
current price of gas.
Avoid Traffic Tie-ups with the GTM 25
The GTM 25 provides North America traffic information to compatible
Garmin GPS navigators. Using this data, your device alerts you to local
traffic tie-ups and displays current traffic levels. The receiver also
acts as an in-vehicle power charger. Traffic provided by NAVTEQ Traffic.
Navigate by Photo with Garmin Connect Photos.
Search for locations on Google Maps or Mapquest, then transfer the addresses directly to your Garmin GPS navigator.
Navigate by Photo with Garmin Connect Photos
Using Garmin's Connect Photos Web site, you can choose from millions of
geo-located photos provided by Google's Panoramio photo-sharing
community and download them to the nüvi for a richer navigation
experience using pictures as a guide.
- Choose from Panoramio's collection of photos from around the world.
- Easy-to-use interface displays photos on Google Maps.
- Search for photos by location name or map area boundary.
- Transfer photos directly from Garmin Connect to device with the Garmin Communicator.
- View photos in Google Earth.
- Supports Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2+, and Safari 3+ on Windows and Mac.
Take It with You
The nüvi 1250T sports a sleek, slim design and fits comfortably in your
pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it
convenient for navigation by car or foot.
- Speed limit indicator--unit displays speed limits for most major roads
- DEM maps show you shaded terrain contours at zoom levels of five miles and above.
- Auto time zone automatically adjusts your time zone while navigating.
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time, and more.
- Built-in travel kit includes such features as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters, and calculator.
- microSD memory card expansion slot allows for optional mapping and data storage.
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature.
vehicle icons allows users to select fun, customized car-shaped icons;
download additional choices from www.garmingarage.com.
- Offers a 3-D mapping perspective or 2-D overhead view.
- Unit dimensions: 3.7 x 2.9 x 0.6 inches (W x H x D); Weight: 4 ounces
- Built-in lithium-ion battery lasts up to four hours, depending on usage.
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release.
PC connectivity, using USB mass storage, access either the microSD card
slot or the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- POI loader program lets you set up proximity alerts for school zones, create custom POIs, and more.
Which nüvi is Best for You?
Note: All nüvis come with detailed NAVTEQ maps containing more than 6 million pre-loaded point of interest locations.