BlackBerry Storm 2 9550
2G GSM for AT&T and T-Mobile
Item is brand new.
No contract is required. This phone is ready to be used with an existing service or a new one.
This is a GSM unlocked phone. It will work with a valid SIM card from any GSM Network Worldwide - Cingular, T-Mobile, AT&T, Rogers, Fido, Vodafone, Orange, O2..
Includes: Backdoor, Battery, Charger, and Users Manual.
Phone is also compatible with Verizon CDMA 3G.
Stay connected to the people, places, and things that matter most with the BlackBerry Storm2 from Verizon Wireless, the second generation of RIM's innovative and award-winning touchscreen smartphone. Featuring the BlackBerry OS 5.0, the Storm2 is enhanced with an improved touchscreen platform, larger internal memory (now 2GB), Wi-Fi networking capabilities (802.11b/g), and hundreds of hardware and software enhancements. And whether traveling to Europe or Asia, the Storm2 provides globetrotters the freedom of reliable global connectivity with the reliable Verizon Wireless high-speed 3G CDMA network here in the United States, and compatibility with GSM and 3G UMTS networks abroad.
The Storm2 significantly improves the touchscreen interactivity with new SurePress technology, which is based on an electronic system that provides the user with tactile feedback when the touchscreen is pressed. The new system responds equally to gentle pressure applied anywhere on the surface of the screen and makes clicking the display practically effortless. It also offers multi-touch support, allowing you to type a letter with one thumb even while their other thumb may still be touching or resting on another letter, thus enabling faster typing and multi-key actions such as Shift or Alt-key combinations.
This mobile multimedia powerhouse is compatible with the V Cast Music with Rhapsody service, which enables you to purchase songs through your phone and download them via the fast Verizon Wireless 3G EV-DO data network, and the V CAST Video on Demand service that enables you to watch full-length TV shows plus news, sports, weather, and live entertainment video clips.You'll stay on course thanks to the VZ Navigator GPS turn-by-turn direction service, and be able to find your way in foreign destinations using the VZ Navigator Global service. And with the optional Visual Voice Mail service, you'll be able to quickly and easily scroll through your messages and pick the ones you want to listen to. The elegantly designed Storm2 offers a smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, support for up to 10 personal and corporate email accounts, easy access to favorite social networking and instant messaging services, support for BlackBerry App World, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.Features:
- Fast 3G connectivity (Verizon CDMA Only) thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV–DO, Rev A network
- Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations
- 3.25-inch, high-resolution capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch support and integrated functions including Send, End, Menu, Escape (480 x 360 pixels, 184ppi)
- New SurePress technology makes clicking the display practically effortless and provides greater consistency with tactile response across the whole screen. Use natural gestures such as pointing and clicking to interact with the features and applications.
- BlackBerry OS 5.0 includes typing accuracy and selection improvements, as well as usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons, and more use of animation.
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- BlackBerry Internet Service offers easy access to up to 10 supported personal and work email accounts and one BlackBerry email account.
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, and Novell GroupWise environments. Customers running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 will gain the ability to set follow-up flags, manage email folders, access remote files (Windows Shares), forward appointments, view calendar attachments, and more.
- View attachments including JPEG, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Social networking apps include Facebook for BlackBerry, Flickr Photo Uploader for BlackBerry, and MySpace for BlackBerry
- 3.2 megapixel camera with 2x digital zoom, autofocus, Image Stabilization (IS), and flash and video recording capabilities
- Digital audio and video playback
- BlackBerry Media Sync is built right into your BlackBerry Desktop Software and lets you sync your desktop iTunes or Windows Media Player music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. If you're a Mac user, just choose the "media" option and you're ready to sync your iTunes music collection from your BlackBerry smartphone onto your Mac.
- Integrated GPS for use with the BlackBerry Maps applications as well as other location-based applications and photo geotagging.
- VZ Navigator and VZ Navigator Global capable for voice-guided turn-by-turn directions and location services both in the United States and Western Europe.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits and tethering with your PC (with optional tethering plan).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture, and IM instant messaging (via popular services)
- 2 GB of onboard media storage
- Voice dialing capabilities
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Speakerphone for hands-free conference calling
- Memory: 2 GB internal storage, 256 MB flash memory
- Memory expansion: microSD/SDHC cards (up to 16 GB);
- Digital audio compatibility: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
- Digital video compatibility: MPEG4, WMV, H.263, H.264
- USB 2.0 connectivity (microUSB)
- 3.5mm headset/headphone jack
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3
- Password protection and screen lock
- Ring Tones: Polyphonic (MIDI/MP3) and vibrate mode
- Multi-lingual support: English, French and Spanish