Welcome to my eBay sale! Here's the goods:
This is a large archive of all 84 different issues of the monthly newsletter Autograph Research (ISSN 1069-6008), published by Michael E. Johnson from 1991 - 1997. It started publication in Seaside, California, eventually moving Encinitas, and then to San Diego. The format was black and white; the size was 8 1/2" x 11", and the typical issue featured eight pages.
This newsletter presented original research related to autograph authenticity, availability and pricing. It was quoted in sources as diverse as Autograph Collector magazine, Playboy magazine, and the American Journalism Review. If you're looking for some special bit of autograph information, it might be found here. There were some interesting features on fake autographs, Clint Eastwood, Billy Graham, signed checks, autographed books, signed gum cards, baseball hall of fames, early astronauts and cosmonauts, and Congressional Medal of Honor recipients. Here's a complete listing of the issues in this lot:
- January 1991, Issue #1; Astronauts and cosmonauts are improving their autograph-by-mail signing habits; New autograph publication on early astronauts; 1989 prices for signed photos of early astronauts; Celebrity addresses and signing habits; Tough signers: People who did not respond to autograph-by-mail requests; In-person autographs: The stories behind the signatures; Autograph-related articles in 1990 newspapers
- February 1991, Issue #2; More is better in autograph-by-mail requests; Celebrities who sign multiple items vs. those who sign single items; Signatures obtained through mail requests; Fax numbers for autograph dealers; Toll-free 800 numbers for autograph buyers; Mailing list of autograph buyers; Celebrity addresses and signing habits; Autograph-related articles in 1989 newspapers
- March 1991, Issue #3; Autograph prices before and after a celebrity dies; Survey of celebrity autograph prices before and after they died; Celebrities who died in 1990; Addresses and signing habits of music celebrities; Shipping charges by autograph dealers; In-person autographs: The stories behind the signatures; Autograph-related articles in 1991 newspapers
- April 1991, Issue #4; Autographs of famous families; Price survey for celebrity autographed checks; Contact list of autograph dealers who offered celebrity signed check for sale in 1991; In-person autographs: The stories behind the signatures; Autograph-related articles in 1990 newspapers
- May 1991, Issue #5; Baseball is the hottest autograph category; Survey of autograph signing habits of baseball hall of famers; Addresses and autograph signing habits of baseball hall of famers; Baseball autograph reference sources; In-person autographs: The stories behind the signatures; Autograph-related articles in 1988 periodicals
- June 1991, Issue #6; Celebrity autographed books in 1991; Price survey for celebrity-autographed books, A-L, in 1991; Bibliography of dealers selling signed books in 1991; Recent articles about autographed books; Addresses and autograph signing habits of actresses; Classified ad rates for autograph-related publications; Autograph-related articles in 1991 publications
- July 1991, Issue #7; Don't just collect history, help create it!; Price survey for celebrity-autographed books, L-Z, in 1991; Dealer comments on signed books; Price survey for books autographed by Presidents; Bibliography of dealers selling signed books in 1991; Addresses and signing habits of writers; In-person autographs of baseball players; Autograph-related articles in 1988 publications
- August 1991, Issue #8; Fake signatures are plentiful in the autograph marketplace; Who's who in fake signatures in 1991; Bibliography of reference sources on fake signatures published in 1991; In-person autographs: The stories behind the signatures; Addresses and autograph habits of celebrities who have signed in the past year; Autograph-related articles in 1987 publications
- September 1991, Issue #9; The cost-effectiveness of autograph-by-mail strategies: A survey of America's earliest astronauts; Addresses and autograph-by-mail signing habits of America's earliest astronauts; Free autograph catalogs; Fax numbers for autograph dealers: Part 2; People inducted into sports halls of fame in 1990; In-person autographs of astronauts and cosmonauts
- October 1991, Issue #10; Autograph signing habits of celebrities before they died; Signing habits of recently deceased celebrities; Collecting rock and roll autographs, by David Karp; Autograph dealers with lay-away plans
- November 1991, Issue #11; Living autographs worth more than $100; Price guide to living celebrities with $100+ autographs; Guarantees offered by autograph dealers; Addresses and signing habits of comedians; In-person autographs of baseball celebrities; Autograph-related articles in 1991 publications
- December 1991, Issue #12; Collecting photos signed by music groups; Music groups who respond to autograph-by-mail requests; Discounts and special offers by autograph dealers; Autographs that are difficult to decipher; Addresses and autograph signing habits of actors; Autograph-related articles in 1991 publications
- January 1992, Issue #13; Collecting autographs from "Star Trek"; Autograph values for "Star Trek" celebrities; An autographic overview of William Shatner; An autographic overview of Leonard Nimoy; An autographic overview of DeForest Kelley; In-person autographs of baseball celebrities; Autograph-related articles in 1991 publications
- February 1992, Issue #14; Neil Armstrong: The cream of the space autograph crop; Price survey on Neil Armstrong's autograph in 1991; Bibliography of reference sources for Neil Armstrong autograph price survey; Reference sources on Neil Armstrong's autographs; Collecting autographs from "Star Trek": Park 2; An autographic overview of Nichelle Nichols; An autographic overview of George Takei; An autographic overview of James Doohan; An autographic overview of Walter Koenig; "Star Trek" autograph notes; Celebrity addresses and autograph signing habits; Autograph-related articles in 1989 publications; "Star Trek" movies
- March 1992, Issue #15; Collecting items signed by groups of people; Price guide to group-signed items from TV shows; Bibliography of autograph dealers offering group-signed items; Celebrity addresses & autograph-signing habits; Shipping charges by autograph dealers in 1992; Autographic notes from 1992 dealers' catalogs
- April 1992, Issue #16; Survey of celebrity address reference sources; Review of celebrity address reference sources; Contact list of celebrity address reference sources; Autographic notes from 1992 dealers' catalogs; Contact list of autograph buyers; Celebrity addresses and autograph signing habits
- May 1992, Issue #17; Survey of international celebrities who respond to autograph-by-mail requests; International celebrities' autograph-by-mail habits; Price guide to group signed items from movies/theaters; Bibliography of autograph dealers offering group-signed items; Celebrity addresses and autograph signing habits; In-person autographs of celebrities
- June 1992, Issue #18; In-person autographs: The index of authenticity; Verified in-person autographs published in 1991; Bibliography of reference sources on in-person autographs; In-person signatures by Jan Schray; An autographic overview on Sean Connery; How to get in-person autographs; Addresses of television shows
- July 1992, Issue #19; Collecting cosmonauts; Addresses and signing habits of cosmonauts; Who's who among early Soviet cosmonauts; Reference sources on cosmonaut autographs; Articles in John L. Raybin's Baseball Autograph News: 1991; In-person autographs of baseball players; Addresses of television shows: Part 2
- August 1992, Issue #20; Changes in signing habits over the years; Multiple signing habits from 1985-1990; Celebrity addresses published in The Pen and Quill in 1991; Corrections to Autograph Research; The A.C.M.'s best and worst celebrity signers from 1987-1990; Autograph catalogs and price lists; Autograph notes on Christina Applegate; Addresses and autograph signing habits of actors
- September 1992, Issue #21; Gum cards provide autograph opportunities; Reference sources on autographed gum cards; Writing to celebrities for autographed gum cards; Price survey for signed cards in 1992; In-person autographs of baseball celebrities; People inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1990
- October 1992, Issue #22; Why SASEs don't get returned; Celebrities who did not respond to autograph-by-mail requests; Celebrities who take a long time to respond; Articles published in Autograph Research in 1991; In-person autographs of baseball celebrities; Misspelled names in autograph publications; Misspelled names in Autograph Research; Addresses and autograph-signing habits of Academy Award winners
- November 1992, Issue #23; Muhammad Ali is boxing's most popular autograph; Information on boxing autographs published in Sports Autographs; Examples of cosmonauts' signatures; Autograph dealers comment about U.S. Presidents in 1992; International Boxing Hall of Fame sells autographs; Addresses and signing habits of Academy Award winners: Part 2
- December 1992, Issue #24; Collecting the autographs of Congressional Medal of Honor recipients; Addresses and signing habits of Medal of Honor recipients; Examples of autographs of Medal of Honor recipients; Examples of Country Music autographs
- January 1993, Issue #25; The most in-demand autographs of 1992; Dealers comment on the most in-demand autographs; Examples of literary autographs; Articles published in The Pen and Quill in 1992; Addresses that worked in 1992
- February 1993, Issue #26; Half the baseball legends sign baseball cards for free (by mail); Autograph-by-mail habits of baseball celebrities from 1985-1992; Autograph-by-mail habits published in Sports Autographs; Articles mentioning autograph-by-mail habits in Sports Autographs; Southern California Autograph Fair set for March 14, 1993; In-person autographs of baseball celebrities; Baseball players who responded in 1992
- March 1993, Issue #27; The ten commandments of collecting autographs-by-mail; The ten most watched TV shows from 1950-1972; When celebrities decline to sign; Examples of rock & roll autographs; Autograph articles published in 1992 in non-autograph periodicals; Addresses that worked in 1992: Part 2
- April 1993, Issue #28; Collecting celebrity art; Price survey for celebrity art; Reference sources for celebrity art price survey; Addresses and signing habits of cartoonists; Celebrities who have sent out original art; Examples of celebrity art; Fax numbers used by autograph dealers
- May 1993, Issue #29; Two-thirds of media celebrities send out free autographs; Examples of autographs from media celebrities; Addresses and autograph signing habits of media celebrities; Autograph comments by JD Bardwell: 1990-1992; In-person baseball autographs
- June 1993, Issue #30; Bill Clinton is the rising star of autograph collecting; Articles published in Sports Autographs from 1987-1990; Autograph notes on George Burns; Addresses of the "Night Court" cast; Addresses of "The Love Boat" cast; In-person baseball autographs
- July 1993, Issue #31; Tips for identifying fake autographs; Who's who in fake autographs in 1992; Examples of fake signatures; Reference sources published in 1992 on fake autographs; Autograph examples wanted for research project; Addresses of celebrities who signed in 1993
- August 1993, Issue #32; Autograph-by-mail signing habits from 1987-1992 organized by sport; Contact list of autograph buyers: A-P; Autograph comments published in Celebrity Home Address Newsletter; Addresses of National League Baseball teams; Addresses of American League Baseball teams; Articles published in Autograph Research in 1992; Examples of music autographs
- September 1993, Issue #33; Inscriptions lower autograph values by 30%; A survey of celebrity-autographed salutations; Errors in the autograph literature; Contact list of autograph buyers: P-Z; Addresses of National Basketball Association teams; In-person baseball autographs
- October 1993, Issue #34; The value of in-person autographs; Who's who in in-person autographs in 1992; Reference sources on in-person autographs published in 1992; Examples of in-person autographs; Classified ad rates in autograph-related publications; Autograph-related articles published in non-autograph publications in 1993; Addresses of celebrities from the "Batman" TV series
- November 1993, Issue #35; "Star Trek" autographs show bright future; Reference sources on "Star Trek" autographs; Addresses of "Star Trek" celebrities ("Star Trek", "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"); Examples of "Star Trek" autographs obtained by mail in 1989
- December 1993, Issue #36; Football autographs show promise amid the competition; Information on football autographs published in Sports Autographs; Addresses for teams in the National Football League; Prices for football autographs increase steadily; Members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- January 1994, Issue #37; Pros and cons of collecting signed magazine covers; Celebrities who have signed magazine covers; Addresses of celebrities who have signed magazine covers; The earliest autographs in history; Examples of literary autographs; Articles published in The Autograph Review in 1993; Autograph articles published in 1993 in non-autograph publications
- February 1994, Issue #38; The value of moonwalker Jim Irwin's autograph before and after he died; Examples of autographs from the "Batman" TV series; Articles published in Autograph Research in 1993; Autograph Times debuted this month; Addresses of X-rated celebrities; Adult film celebrities listed in Celebrity Access: The Directory; Victor Borge sends out autographs but won't sign them
- March 1994, Issue #39; Magic autographs are elusive, but obtainable; Addresses and signing habits of famous magicians; Background information on famous magicians; Where to obtain autographs of magicians in-person; Examples of autographs of famous magicians
- April 1994; Issue #40; Demand and prices are up on Clint Eastwood's autograph; Presidents of the Society of American Magicians; Autographs of Presidents of the Society of American Magicians; The autographs of famous magicians; Articles published in The Pen and Quill in 1993
- May 1994, Issue #41; Group-signed items: Here today, gone tomorrow; Price guide to group-signed movie items in 1994; Reference sources for the 1994 survey of movie group-signed items; Autographs and addresses of "The Magnificent Seven"; Toll-free phone numbers of autograph dealers; Fax numbers of autograph contacts
- June 1994, Issue #42; Cosmonauts still respond to autograph-by-mail requests; Cosmonauts who responded to autograph-by-mail requests the past year; Examples of autographs by cosmonauts; Guarantees and return privileges offered by autograph dealers: A - L; Examples of in-person autographs; Addresses and autographs from "The Carol Burnett Show"; Cosmonaut Kubasov inscribes
- July 1994, Issue #43; A comparison of seven autograph periodicals; Guarantees and return privileges offered by autograph dealers (L - Z); Dealers comment on group-signed items; Autograph-by-mail signing habits of celebrities in 1994; Examples of in-person autographs
- August 1994, Issue #44; Billy Graham is popular but scarce among religious autographs; In-person signatures published in Autograph Collector in 1993; Addresses of religious celebrities; In-person signatures published in Autograph Research from 1991-1993; Examples of in-person signatures; Articles published in Space Autograph News in 1993; Addresses of the Rolling Stones rock 'n' roll band; Cosmonaut autographs sought for reference book
- September 1994, Issue #45; Decreasers outnumber increasers among music autograph prices; Price trends for music autographs from 1991-1994; Examples of autographs by early rock 'n' roll celebrities; Who's who in music; Pulitzer Prize recipients; Grammy award-winning albums; Addresses of music celebrities who send "photo for sure"; International music celebrities who send "photo for sure"; Examples of autographs by contemporary male music celebrities
- October 1994, Issue #46; Houdini has the most common magic autograph in the marketplace; Addresses and phone numbers for 101 autograph dealers; How to write to female NASA astronauts; Examples of magician David Copperfield's autograph; Examples of fake John Young autographs on covers
- November 1994, Issue #47; How to spot fake preprinted signatures on photos; Examples of indented preprinted fake signatures on photos; Characteristics of white-preprinted fake signatures on photos; Fake preprinted signatures with inscriptions; Studio mail envelopes hint on nonauthentic autographs; More examples of fake preprinted signatures on photos
- December 1994, Issue #48; The profitability of using classified ads to sell autographs; Addresses and signing habits of Apollo astronauts; Buzz Aldrin checks sold at rock bottom prices; Celebrities who have returned items sent to them unsigned; Examples of in-person autographs; Recipients of special entertainment awards in 1993; Where to buy back issues of autograph publications
- January 1995, Issue #49: Notoriety makes O.J. Simpson the biggest autograph price gainer of 1994; O.J. Simpson autograph prices after the murder in 1994; Autograph-by-mail habits of O.J. Simpson; Articles published in "The Pen and Quill" in 1994; In-person autographs obtained from book signings; Celebrities who mailed out free autographs in 1994
- February 1995, Issue #50: Vincent Price proves common autographs can become valuable (some day); Contact list of hockey associations and teams; Members of the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame; Articles published in "The Autograph Review" in 1994; Music celebrities who usually respond to mailed autograph requests; Tough signers who never responded to autograph requests; Examples of autographs by male music celebrities; Fake preprinted signatures on the back of postcards
- March 1995, Issue #51: Signed checks posted gains and losses in 1994; Survey of prices in 1994 for celebrity-signed checks; A sample of prices for signed checks in 1992; Dealers selling signed checks in 1994; Dealers selling signed checks in 1992; United States addresses for music groups (A-M); Celebrities who are a risk to send items to for autographs; Autopen signatures of world leaders; Kathleen Turner sent stamped signatures with two inscriptions; Avery Brooks responded with secretarial signature
- April 1995, Issue #52: Using in-person signature examples to check autograph authenticity; In-person autographs published in 1994; Dealers who specialize in in-person autographs; Reference sources in 1994 with in-person autographs; Previous listings of in-person signatures published in "Autograph Research"; Autograph collectors who were expelled from the UACC; Contact list of sports halls of fame, with 1994 inductees; Music group addresses (M-Z); Mickey Mantle sent printed signature on back of postcard; "Full-House" and "Star Trek" autographs offered in contests; Majel Barrett willing to sign "Star Trek" items by mail
- May 1995, Issue #53: How to get the best price when selling your autographs; Contact list of autograph buyers; Addresses and movies of famous directors; Articles published in "Autograph Research" in 1994; Examples of in-person signatures; Autopens of famous women
- June 1995, Issue #54: The availability of specific signed books is infrequent from year-to-year; Price guide to signed books in 1995; Dealers selling autographed books in 1995; Examples of "fake" autopen signatures; Who's who among famous women writers, with addresses
- July 1995, Issue #55: Secretarial signatures plague responses to mailed autograph requests; Examples of "in-person" autographs; examples of "secretarial" fake autographs; Articles published in "Autograph Times" in 1994; Celebrities who are slow to respond to mailed autograph requests; Celebrities who have signed index cards in 1995
- August 1995, Issue #56: Some baseball hall of famers still sign autographs for free; Addresses and signing habits from baseball celebrities in 1994; Contact list of professional baseball teams; Watch out for forged Ronald Reagan sports autographs; Examples of autographs of Baseball Hall of Famers; Addresses for living members of the Baseball Hall of Fame; Solicitations from baseball players who sell their autographs
- September 1995, Issue #57: Elvis Presley's autograph value is increasing about 50% per year; Price trends for autographs of major rock and roll celebrities; Price trends for autographs of the Beatles from 1988-1994; Examples of in-person autographs of music celebrities; Examples of in-person autographs of jazz groups; Addresses for music celebrities who often send autographs
- October 1995, Issue #58: Crime autographs grow in popularity, fueled by controversy; U.S. Postal Service sets new international rates; Autograph signers from the O.J. Simpson trial; Dealer sets innovative policy on partial signatures; Price guide to crime-related autographs in 1995; Recent crime-related autograph references; Dealers selling crime autographs in 1995; Crime-related autographs, with examples and sources; Classified ad rates in autograph-related periodicals; Celebrities who responded to autograph-by-mail requests in 1995
- November 1995, Issue #59: "Goldeneye" stimulates James Bond autograph market; Background information on James Bond autographs; Reference sources on James Bond autographs; Who's who among James Bond-related celebrities; James Bond movies; Address information on James Bond celebrities; Examples of James Bond's autographs
- December 1995, Issue #60: How to research your autographs; Index of subjects in "Autograph Research" from 1991-1995; Who's who among famous women athletes, with addresses; Mark McGuire sent fake printed signature on postcard; Articles published in "Space Autograph News" in 1994
- January 1996, Issue #61: Writing to celebrities for letters of content; Celebrities who have responded to letters with questions; Celebrities who would not respond to letters with questions; Addresses for specific television shows: A-L; Articles published in "Manuscripts" in 1995; Astronaut Mike Mullane sells autographed copies of his books; Celebrities who are slow to respond to mailed autograph requests; Unconventional record-setters in space history; Possible Productions releases Signature Series CDs; More examples of secretarial fake autographs
- February 1996, Issue #62: Autographed posters evidence positive market characteristics; Sample price guide to autographed posters in 1995; Reference sources for prices of signed posters in 1995; How to grade film posters; "Celebrity Home Address Newsletter" changes ownership; Articles published in "Autograph Collector" in 1995; Celebrities who responded to autograph-by-mail requests in 1995
- March 1996, Issue #63: One-third of movie directors will send autographs through the mail; Sample price guide to autographed lobby cards in 1995; Articles published in "Autograph Research" in 1995; Reference sources for prices of signed lobby cards in 1995; Who's who among award-winning movie directors; Examples of directors' autographs; Movie directors who send out free autographs by mail
- April 1996, Issue #64: How to distinguish fake autographs from authentic autographs; Who's who among famous women political leaders, with addresses; Articles published in "Autograph Times" in 1995; Addresses for First Ladies; Addresses for specific television shows: L-Z; Scott Bakula fake on postcard
- May 1996, Issue #65; Three-fourths of Clint Eastwood signatures in circulation might be secretarial; Examples of suspected authentic Clint Eastwood autographs; Examples of suspected secretarial Clint Eastwood autographs; Secretarial fakes prevalent among 5x7" signed photos; Articles published in "The Pen and Quill" in 1995; Football players who respond to mailed autograph requests; Reference sources on football autographs; Some football-related addresses
- June 1996, Issue #66: Review of autograph periodicals in 1995; Celebrities who respond, according to Puleo Autographs; Terrance Stamp is a good bet; References on celebrity autographs; Weaver publishes sports addresses; Photos with nonauthentic autographs; Space Shuttle flights planned over the next year; Discounts on U.S. postage; Space Unit sells Deke Slayton checks through the "Astrophile"; Addresses of Academy Award recipients: A-G
- July 1996, Issue #67: Four opportunities for football autograph collectors; Recent football autograph prices; Dealers selling football autographs in July 1996; Movies with a football theme; Football celebrities who passed away in 1995; New Football Hall of Famers in 1995; Addresses for players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame; Addresses for National Football League teams
- August 1996, Issue #68: How to make money through autograph collecting; Autograph buyers; Fax numbers of autograph dealers; Addresses for Rock & Roll Hall of Famers: A-J; Music celebrity fan clubs which send out autographs; Articles in "The Manuscript Society News" in 1995; Toll-free phone numbers of autograph dealers
- September 1996, Issue #69: Who's who in nonauthentic signatures, as published in 1995; Who's who (A-K) in fake autographs, as reported in 1995; Examples of football autographs; Celebrities comment on their autograph-signing habits; Addresses for Rock & Roll Hall of Famers: K-Z
- October 1996, Issue #70: Things to watch out for with autographed space covers; Who's who (K-Z) in fake autographs, as reported in 1995; Sources of information on fake autographs in 1995; Addresses of Academy Award recipients: G-S
- November 1996, Issue #71: Statistics on the Universal Autograph Collectors Club from 1987-1996; Addresses for members of the Basketball Hall of Fame: Contact list of Pro Basketball teams; Important baseball addresses; Addresses of Academy Award recipients: S-Z; Celebrities who respond in months; Autograph notes on O.J. Simpson; Index to "Autograph Research" articles in "Autograph Collector"
- December 1996, Issue #72: Changes in autograph prices from 1990-1996; Magic autograph prices in 1994; Magic autograph dealer references; Celebrities responding within a week; Addresses of religious leaders; Tim Allen sent preprinted fake
- January 1997, Issue #73: Personal buy recommendations for 1997; Dealers comment on the autographs of female celebrities; Dealers commenting on female celebrity autographs; Addresses of female writers of children's books
- February 1997, Issue #74: Inscribed photos sell for 30% less than noninscribed photos; Celebrities who responded in 1996, according to Puleo (Part 2); Preprinted signed photo from Harrison Ford; Examples of small preprinted nonauthentic signed photos; Examples of nonauthentic preprinted signature on letters; A sample of celebrities who died in 1996; Addresses & signing habits of sports celebrities who sign
- March 1997, Issue #75: Five characteristics of successful autograph request letters; Multiple addresses for Madonna; Addresses for "Roseanne"; Articles published in "Autograph Collector" in 1996; Celebrities who requested fees for autographs in 1996; Celebrities who sent suspected preprinted signed photos in 1996; Celebrities who often send out free photos by mail
- April 1997, Issue #76: Signing habits of James Bond actors, actresses and celebrities; Articles published in "Space Autograph News" in 1996; Jason Priestley sent color postcard with preprinted signature on back; Examples of nonauthentic celebrity signatures; In-person autographs published in "Autograph Collector" in 1996; In-person autographs of rock music group X; Alan Trost publishes new basketball address list; More celebrities who often send out free photos by mail
- May 1997, Issue #77: Three warning signs of nonauthentic signatures; Fake autographs published in "Autograph Research" from 1991-1996; Issues of "Autograph Research" with nonauthentic signatures; Julie Andrews sent nonauthentic preprinted photo; Examples of preprinted nonauthentic signed photos (8x10"); Examples of nonauthentic autopen signed photos; Sports hall of famers who often send free signed photos; Multiple addresses for music superstars
- June 1997, Issue #78: Country music celebrities are good to autograph collectors; Members of the Country Music Hall of Fame; Top selling country music albums from 1964-1994; Autograph-related resources for country music collectors; Who's who among male country music celebrities, with addresses; Price trends for signed photos by Country Music Hall of famers; Crystal Gayle sent letter with preprinted signature; Articles published in "Autograph Research" in 1996; Examples of nonauthentic stamped signatures
- July 1997, Issue #79: Writing to country music artists for free autographs; Who's who among female country music celebrities, with addresses; Country music artists who died in 1996; Autograph notes on country-music celebrities; Reference sources for notes on country music autographs; Autopen signatures from political celebrities; Special themes in "Celebrity Home Address Newsletter" 1991-1996
- August 1997, Issue #80: Most prices static, but some writer's autographs grew in value from 1991-1997; Autograph price trends for writers from 1991-1997; Examples of literary autographs; A sample of addresses for writers; Classified ad rates in 1997 of interest to autograph collectors
- September 1997, Issue #81: Matted sets of "Star Trek" autographs show steady price increases; Prices for "Star Trek" autographs in 1997; Dealers selling "Star Trek" autographs in 1997; Addresses for principal "Star Trek" celebrities; Examples of "Star Trek" autographs in "The Pen and Quill"
- October 1997, Issue #82: The non-millionaire's guide to collecting autographs of famous artists; Prices in 1997 for autographs of artists; Dealers selling art-related autographs in 1997; Notable artists who died in the 20th century; Addresses of artists; Comments on autographs of artists in 1997; Examples of autographs of famous artists
- November 1997, Issue #83: Thirty-one possible sources for celebrity addresses; Autograph notes on "Star Trek" celebrities; References for "Star Trek" notes; Articles in "The Pen and Quill" in 1996; Celebrity addresses in "Pop Smear"
- December 1997, Issue #84: Statistical research highlights, as "Autograph Research" goes on sabbatical; Addresses for world leaders, royalty; Addresses for moonwalkers, rocket science pioneers, rocket test pilots, NASA administrators; Articles in "The Autograph Review" in 1996; International rock music addresses; Articles in "Autograph Times" in 1997
If you're curious about autograph collecting, you'll find a lot of interesting research here. There's lots of statistical data about autographs, from prices to authenticity to availability. You may be surprised by what you read!
Why Buy From Me?
And now for the most important question. Why should you buy from me? Here's three reasons.
First, I have high feedback ratings. Your happiness means alot to me. More than a thousand customers have trusted me with their business, and I always deliver the goods.
Second, I guarantee your satisfaction. If you buy something and decide you don't want it, just send it back within 14 days for a full refund. No questions, no problems. Just e-mail me first. I want you to be happy with your purchase.
Third, I am a sophisticated collector of autographs, so if you get something from me, it's from my personal collection. I wrote the book on space autograph prices, the "Space Autograph Price Guide" in 1999. I also published the famous underground newsletters "Autograph Research" from 1991 - 1997 and "Space Autograph News" from 1993 - 1997. I have written articles for lots of hobby publications, including "Autograph Collector", "Autograph Times", "The Autograph Review" and "The Pen and Quill" published by the Universal Autograph Collectors Club. I was editor of the award-winning journal called "Astrophile" for the Space Topic Study Group, a philatelic organization. My work has been cited in sources as diverse as the "American Journalism Review" and "Playboy" magazine.
Yes, you can trust me when you buy collectibles. My name is Magician Michael E. Johnson.
When you buy this, I'm going to pack it super careful and ship by the United States Postal Service. Shipping is free. That’s right, shipping is free! For international customers, I always ship by USPS International Priority Mail. This weighs a lot, so my apologies!
Want Lists Welcome
I have thousands and thousands of celebrity collectibles in my files. If you have a specific want, let me know and I'll see what I can find. For the most part, my collection focuses on celebrities active in the late 1980s.
Thanks for viewing!
I appreciate the opportunity to sell to you. Please contact me if you have any questions. To learn more about autographs and authenticity, check out my 100+ eBay Guides. Also, keep checking back in my eBay store, because I'll be adding lots more unique items.