Details about ANTIQUE PRINTS AND ENGRAVINGS OF ENGLAND BY THOMAS H. SHEPARD & JAMES TINGLESee original listing
Sep 25, 2012
San Diego, CA, United States
This is a collection of five antique/vintage engravings. They have normal wear. Some of the engravings are in good condition and others, as stated, have normal wear. Please check the photos for acceptability. The backs seem to have a green felt-vinyl material. Check the sticker for more information about these engravings.
There seems to be natural wear around the edges. One of the backs in green has a fade on about 20% of the back green area on one side. These engravings would be suitable for framing.
Each engraving is 9.5 inches wide by 7.5 inches.
The Collection Includes...
1.) REGENT STREET, FROM THE QUADRANT
2.) THE MANSION HOUSE, FROM THE BANK
3.) JURY THEATRE, BLACKFRIARS ROAD
4.) ST. GEORGE'S CHAPEL, REGENT STREET
5.) BANK OF ENGLAND
THOMAS H. SHEPARD
Compiled, Edited and Revised Internet Research
Thomas Hosmer Shepherd (1792 to 1864) was a water color artist well
1.Metropolitan Improvements; or London in the Nineteenth Century:
2.Modern Athens! Displayed in A Series of Views: Or Edinburgh In The
3.London and its Environs in the Nineteenth Century, illustrated by a
4.Bath And Bristol, With The Counties Of Somerset And Gloucester,
5.London Interiors, 1841
SHEPHERD AND ELMES "METROPOLITAN IMPROVEMENTS" (1827 to30)
1. London. Wm. Wallis. Published March 31, 1827
2. Bank of England. Wm. Tombleson. Published March 31, 1827
3. The Coliseum, Regent's Park. H. Wallis Published April 21, 1827 NW
4. York Gate, Regent's Park & Mary-le-Bone Church. H. Wallis Published
5. East Gate, Regent's Park. T. Barber. Published March 31, 1827 NW
6. Clarence Terrace, Regent's Park. T. Barber. Published March 31, 1827 NW
7. All Soul's Church, Langham Place. Jas. Tingle. Published March 31, 1827
8. St Pancras Church, West Front. Jas. Tingle. Published May 5, 1827
9. Hanover Terrace, Regent's Park. W. Wallis. Published May 5, 1827 NW
10. Villa in the Regent's Park. The residence of G.B. Greenhough. W.
11. Regent's Quadrant. Thos. Dale. Published June 16, 1827 W
12. Macclesfield Bridge, Regent's Park. R. Acon. Published June 16, 1827 NW
13. Southwark Bridge, from Bankside. W. Wallis. Published July 28, 1827 SE
14. Waterloo Bridge. W. Wallis. Published July 28, 1827 SE
15. Statue of Achilles. In Hyde Park. S. Freeman. Published July 7, 1827
16. Entrance to the Kings Palace. Hyde Park Corner. J. Cleghorn.
17. Hanover Lodge, Regent's Park. W. Tombleson. Published Aug.10, 1827 NW
18.Cornwall Terrace, Regent's Park. W. Deeble. Published Aug.10, 1827 NW
19. College of the Church Missionary Society, Islington. T. Dale.
20. Highbury College, South West Front. T. Dale. Published July 28, 1827 N
21. St. Philip's Chapel, Regent Street. Jas. Tingle. Published Sept.8, 1827 W
22. St George's Chapel, Regent Street. Jas. Tingle. Published Sept. 8, 1827 W
23. . The Limehouse Dock, Regent's Canal. F.J. Havell. Published Aug.25, 1827 N
24. The Double Lock, & East Entrance to the Islington Tunnel, Regent's
25.The Holme, Regent's Park. The residence of James Burton. J.
26. Ulster Terrace, Regent's Park. J. Henshall. Published Sept. 15, 1827 NW
27. Chapel of Ease, West Hackney. W. Bond. Published Sept. 22, 1827
28. St John's, Hoxton. W. Bond. Published Sept. 22, 1827 N
29. Part of the East Side of Regent Street. Wm. Wallis. Published Sept.10, 1827
30. United Service Military Club House, Haymarket Theatre & Part of
31. Villa in Regent's Park, the residence of John Maberly. T. Barber.
32. York Terrace, Regent's Park. T. Barber. Published July 21, 1827 NW
33. St. Paul's School. Wm. Deeble. Published Sept.29, 1827
34. The London Institution, Finsbury Circus. Wm. Deeble. Published
36. St. Peter's Church, Eaton Square, Pimlico. Thos. Dale. Published
37. The New Bridge, over the Serpentine, Hyde Park. M.S. Barenger.
38. Richmond Terrace, Whitehall. M.S. Barenger. Published Dec. 1, 1827 SW
39. New Church, Somers Town. W. Deeble. Published Dec. 1, 1827
40. New Church, Haggerstone. W. Deeble. Published Dec. 1, 1827 E
41.The Royal Hospital of St Katherine, Regent's Park. W. Tombleson.
42. Residence of Genl. Sir Herbert Taylor, Bart. Regent's Park Master
43. (along upper edge) Plan of the Regent's Park. J. Cleghorn.
44. Villa in the Regent's Park, the residence of the Marquis of
45. Cumberland Terrace, Regent's Park. Jas. Tingle. Published Dec.15, 1827 NW
46.The Catholic Church, Finsbury. Thos. Barber. Published Dec.15, 1827 EC2
47. Finsbury Chapel. Thos. Barber. Published Dec.15, 1827 EC2
48. Buildings on the East Side of Regent Street. R. Acon. Published
49. Cambridge Terrace and the Coliseum Regent's Park. R. Acon.
50. Haberdasher's Alms Houses, Hoxton. John Ralph. Published Jan.12, 1828 N
51. Theatre Royal, Covent Garden. John Ralph. Published Jan. 12, 1828 WC
52. York House, St James's Park. Robt. Wallis. Published Feb. 9, 1828 SW
53. Regent Street from the Circus Piccadilly. Previous to taking down
54. St. Luke's Church, Chelsea. S. Lacey. Published Jan.31, 1828 SW
55. St Mark the Evangelist, Pentonville. S. Lacey. Published Jan. 31, 1828
56. Lord Grosvenor's Gallery, Park Lane. W. Deeble. Published Feb. 9, 1828 W
57. The Royal College of Surgeons, Lincolns Inn Fields. W. Deeble.
58. City Basin, Regent's Canal. F.J. Havell. Published Jany. 26, 1828
59. Entrance to the Regent's Canal, Limehouse. F.J. Havell. Published
60. Waterloo Place, & Part of Regent Street. W. Tombleson. Published
61. Regent Street, from the Quadrant. W. Tombleson. Published March 1, 1828
62. The Quadrant, and Part of Regent Street. Wm. Wallis. Published Feby.16, 1828
63. Harmonic Institution, Regent Street. Wm. Wallis. Published Feby. 16, 1828
64.The New Treasury, Whitehall. M. Fox. Published Feby. 23, 1828
65. Italian Opera House, Haymarket. From Pall Mall East. M. Fox.
66. Whittington's Alms Houses, Highgate. T. Dale. Published March 31, 1827 NW
67. Brewer's Alms Houses, Mile End. Robt. Tingle. Published Jany. 1, 1828 E
68. An Island on the Lake & Part of Cornwall & Clarence Terrace
69. The Coliseum and Part of the Lake Regent's Park. W. Tombleson.
70. Surry Theatre, Blackfriars Road. Thos. Dale. Published Feby. 16, 1828
71. Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. Thos. Dale. Published Feby. 16, 1828
72. The New College of Physicians, Pall Mall East. Thos. Barber.
73. Improvements, Charing Cross. Thos. Barber. Published April 26 1828
74. The New Church, Regent Square, Sidmouth Street. C. Westwood.
75. The New Church, Camden Town. T. Dale. Published April 12, 1828
76. Furnivals Inn, Holborn. J. Henshall. Published May 17, 1828 EC1
77.New Government Mews, Princes' Street, Story's Gate, Westminster. J.
78. Junction of the Regent's Canal, at Paddington. S. Lacey. Published
79. View in the Regent's Park, East Gate, a Villa and St. Katherine's
80. Asylum for Female Orphans, Westminster. A. McClatchy. Published
81. Egyptian Hall, Piccadilly. A. McClatchy. Published June 7, 1828 W
82. Trinity Church, New Road. W. Bond. Published May 10, 1828 E
83. St Mary's Church, Wyndham Place, & District Rectory to St.
84. Salters-Hall. W. Wallis Published Aug. 2, 1828 EC2
85. The Guild-Hall. Robt. Acon. Published Aug. 2, 1828 EC2
86. South Villa, Regent's Park. J. Tingle. Published April 26 1828
87. Chester Terrace, Regent's Park. H. Melville. Published April 26, 1828
88. North & West Front of the Bank of England, from Lothbury. W.
89. East Front of the Bank of England, and New Tower of Royal
90. St. Mary le-Bone Chapel, St John's Wood Road. W. Watkins.
91. Doric Villa, Regent's Park. W. Watkins. Published June 28, 1828
92. Suspension Bridge, over the Thames at Hammersmith. T. Higham.
93. New London Bridge, with the Lord Mayor's Procession passing under
94. Villa in the Regent's Park. W. Raddyffe. Published June 14, 1828 NW
95. St. Andrews Place, Regent's Park. W. Raddyffe. Published June 14, 1828 NW
96. The Guildhall, Westminster. M. Barrenger. Published Aug. 9, 1828 SW
97. New Buildings Pall-Mall East, and University Club House. M.
98. New Church, Waterloo Road. J. Cleghorn. Published July 5, 1828
99. St. Barnabas, King Square. J. Cleghorn. Published July 5, 1828
100. The New Custom House, from Billingsgate. W. Tombleson. Published
101. The New Post Office, St. Martins le-Grand. W. Tombleson.
102. New Church, Stepney. W. Deeble. Published June 21, 1828 E
103. The New Hall, Christ's Hospital. W. Deeble. Published June 21, 1828 W
104. Grand Entrance to Hyde Park, Piccadilly. W. Wallis. Published Sep.29, 1828
105. One of the New Lodges, Hyde Park. W. Wallis. Published Sep.29, 1828
106. North West view of the London Horse & Carriage Repository, Gray's
107. South East view of the London Horse & Carriage Repository, Gray's
108. The London University . W. Wallis. Published Nov 15, 1828 WC
109. Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square. W. Wallis. Published Nov.15, 1828 EC2
110. Crockford's Club House, St James's Street. Wm. Tombleson. Oct.25,
111. Burlington Arcade, Piccadilly. Wm. Tombleson. Published Oct.25, 1828
112.The New Corn Exchange, Mark Lane. J. Henshall. Published Nov. 1, 1828
113. The Custom House, from Thames Street. J. Henshall. Published Nov.
114. St Paul's Church, Ball's Pond. J.F. Havell. Published Aug. 16, 1828
115. The Unitarian Chapel, Finsbury. J.F. Havell. Published Aug.16, 1828 EC2
116. North East Side of Belgrave Square, Pimlico. S. Lacy. Published
117. Belgrave Chapel, and West side of Belgrave Square. S. Lacy.
118. The Temple Church, as restored. J. Carter. Published Aug. 16, 1828
119. The Russell Institution, Great Coram Street. J. Carter.Aug.16,
120. The New Caledonian Asylum. T. Barber. Published Nov. 22, 1828 N
121. Albion Chapel, Moorgate. T. Barber. Published Nov.22, 1828 EC2
122. Part of West Side of Regent Street. W. Watkins. Published Dec.21, 1828 W
123. Part of West Side of Regent Street. Continued. W. Watkins.
124. The New Opening to St. Martin's Church. From Pall Mall East. H.W.
125. Suffolk Street, Pall Mall East. H.W. Bond. Published Jan. 10, 1829
126. West Side of Langham Place. S. Owen. Published Sept.29, 1828
127. Part of East Side of Regent Street. W. Wallis. Published Sept. 29, 1828 W
128. Royal Exchange, Cornhill. 1. Tingle. Published Jan. 17, 1829
129. St. Bride's Avenue, Fleet Street. J. Tingle. Published Jan. 17,
130. Park Village East, Regent's Park. W. Radcliff. 90 x 153mm. No
131. Park Village East, Regent's Park. W. Radcliff. Published Jan.17,
132. The Parliament House, from Old Palace Yard. Westminster. W.
133. The King's Entrance to the House of Lords. from Poets Corner. W.
134. Royal York Baths, Regent's Park. W.R. Smith. Published April 5,
135. Sussex Place, Regent's Park. W.R. Smith. Published April 5, 1828 NW
136. London Ophthalmic Infirmary &c. Finsbury. R. Acon. 90 x 147mm. No
137.Asylum for the Indigent Blind, Westminster Road. R. Acon.
138. Part of East Side, Regent Street. M. Barrenger. 90 x 147mm. No
139. Part of West Side of Regent Street. M. Barrenger. Published Feb. 28, 1829 W
140. West Gate, Regent's Park. W. WaIlis. 90 x 143mm. No publication-line. NW
141. The Centre of Cumberland Terrace, Regent's Park. W. Wallis.
142. Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square. J.F. Havel. 93 x 147mm. No
143. New National Scotch Church, Sidmouth St. Grays Inn Road. W.
144. East Side of Park Crescent. J. Redaway. 90 x 143mm. No publication-line SW
145. East Side of Park Square, and Diorama, Regent's Park. W. Watkins.
146. Licensed Victuallers School, Kennington. H.W. Bond. Published
147. London Orphan Asylum, Clapton. H.W. Bond. Published March 15, 1828 E
148. The New Shot Mill, near Waterloo Bridge. J. Hinchcliff. 92 x
149. Vauxhall Bridge, from Millbank. James B. Allen. Jones & Co
150. New Bethlem Hospital, St George's Fields. J. Tingle. 85 x 145mm.
151. Penitentiary, Millbank, Westminster. J. Tingle. Published July 11, 1829 SW
152. Albany Cottage, Regent's Park. W. Tombleson. 90 x 147mm. No
153. Apsley House, Hyde Park Corner. T. Barber. Published Sept.26, 1829
154. Gas Works, Near the Regent's Canal. A. McClatchie. Published Dec.14, 1828
155. Buildings, Highfield, Camden Road. A. McClatchie. Published Nov. 1, 1829 NW
156. The N.W. Façade of the New Covent Garden Market. W. Watkins. 90 x
157. The Auction Mart EC1
158. St John's Church, Holloway. 100 x 150mm. No publication-line
159. The New Library, and Parliament Chambers, TempIe. J. Hinchcliff.
Admiralty, Parliament Street, Albany,
Apothecaries' Hall, Pilt;Tim Street, EC4
Atheneum, New, Waterloo Place, W
Arthur's Club House, St James St SW
Banqueting' House, Whitehall, .SW
Buckingham Water Gate, Strand, . .WC2
British Museum, Great Russell Street, .
Barber Surgeons' Hall, Monkwell Street, .EC2 +Fishmongers' Hall,
Broad Street, Bioomsbury,
Barnard's Inn Hall, . .
Boar's Head, Great East Cheap,
Bloomsbury Square, and Statue of Fox,
Bull and Mouth, (Old) St. Martin's le Grand,
Brewers' Hall, Addle Street, EC4
Bartholomew's, St., Hospital,
Burlington House, Piccadilly, .SW
Charles Ist's Porter and Dwarf, Newgate Street,
Carpenters' Hall, London Wall, . . EC2
Cheapside, Poultry, and Bucklersburv,
Cloth Workers' Hall, Mincing Lane, .EC3
Cordwainers' Hall, Distaff Lane, .EC4
Cannonbury Tower, Islington, ..N + St Mary's Islington
Cornhill and Lombard Street,
Clifford's Inn Hall, Fleet Street,EC4
Coal Exchange, Thames Street, EC2
Crosby Hall, Bishopsgate Street, EC2
Compter, Giltspur Street, .
Coopers' Hall, Basinghall Street, EC2
Christ's Hospital, Newgate Street,
Carlton House Terrace, .SW
Charter House, .
Drapers' Hall, Throgmorton Street,EC2
Dyers' Hall, College Street, WC
East India House, Leadenhall Street,EC3
Exeter 'Change, Strand,
Excise Office, Broad Street, EC2
Fore Street and Cripplegate,
Farringdon Street and Fleet Prison,
Foundling Hospital, Guildford Street,
Guy, Earl of Warwick, Warwick Lane,
Goldsmiths' Hall, Foster Lane, . EC2
Gray's Inn Hall, Chapel, and Library,
Girdlers' Hall, Basinghall Street,
Grocers' Hall, Poultry, EC2
Guy's Hospital, Borough, .
Horse Guards, Parliainent Street, .
Hungerford Market, .Strand, .
Heralds' College, Bennet's Hill, . EC4
Haberdashers' Hall, Maiden Lane,. .
Holborn Bridge, .
House of Correction, Cold-bath-fields,
Innholders' Hall, College, Street, .
Ironmongers' Hall, Fenchurch Street, . EC2
James' St., Palace, Pall Mall,
John's, St., Gate, Clerkenwell, .
Jonson's (]en) Head, Devereux Court,
King's Mews, Charing Cross,
King's Weigh House, Little East Cheap, EC1
King's Bench Prison, .
Katharine's, St., Docks, Tower,
London Stone, Cannon Street, .
London Stone, Cannon Street,
London Bridge, Old,
Lying-Inn Hospital, City Road,
Lndgate Hill, .
Lincoln's Inn Hall, Chapel, &c.,
Lyon's Inn Hall,
Lunatic Hospital, St. Lukes, .
Lock Hospital, Hyde Park Corner,
Mint, Tower Hill,
Middle Row, Holborn,
Merchant Taylors' Hall, Threadneedle Street, EC2
School, Suffolk Lane,
Monument, Fish Street Hill,
Military Asylum, Chelsea,
Melbourne House, Whitehall,
Northumberland House, Charing Cross,.
Newgate, Old Bailey,
Olympic Theatre, Wych Street,
Pindar, Sir Paul, Bishopsgate Street, EC2 + Mercers' Hall, Chcapside, EC2
Physicians' College, Warwick Lane, EC4 + Whittington's College,
Painter Stainers' Hall, Little Trinity Lane,
Pantheon, Oxford Street .
Queen's Head, OM, Islington, .
Russell Square, and Statue of Duke of Bedford, WC
Somerset House, Strand,
^ Interior Quadrangle, ibid.
South Sea House, Threadneedle Street, ,EC2
Skinners' Hall, Dowgate Hill, EC4
Stationers' Hall, Ludgate Street,EC4
Smithfield Market, .
Sadlers' Hall, Cheapside,
Serjeants' Inn Hall, Chancery Lane, . WC
Staple's Inn Hall, Holborn,
Shaftesbury House, Aldersgate Street,
Sessions' House, Clerkenwell,
Spencer House, Green Park.
Somerset House, Strand, .WC
Somerset House Interior Quadrangle,WC
South Sea House, Threadneedle Street, .
Skinners' Hall, Dowgate Hill, .
Stationers' Hall, Ludgate Street, .
Smithfield Market, Sadlers' Hall, Cheapside, . .
Serjeants' Inn Hall, Chancery Lane,
Staple's Inn Hall, Holborn, . WC
Shaftesbury House, Aldersgate Street,
Sessions' House, Clerkenwell,
Spencer House, Green Park,
Stock Exchange, Capel Court,
Sadler's Wells Theatre, Islington, .
Temple Bar, Strand, (See Vignette),
Trinity House, Tower Hill, EC3
Town Hall, Borough,SE
Tower of London,
Tower of London, Another View,
Temple, Middle, Hall,
Talb0t Inn, Borough, SE
Thomas's, St. Hospital, Borough,
Tablet, &c., in Pannier Alley,
United Service Club House, New, EC1
Vintners' Hall, Upper Thames Street, EC2
White Hart, Old, Bishopsgate Street,
Waterman's Hall, St. Mary's Hill,
Winchester House, Winchester Street, EC2
Westminster Hall, SW