Createx Airbrush Colors are ready to use professional grade airbrush colors which are manufactured with the highest quality control standards.
- Createx uses the finest pigments available and the colors have a brightness and richness unmatched by others.
- These colors can be used on a variety of surfaces (i.e. fabrics, leather, canvas, paper, wood, ceramics, and clay) with permanent results.
- Createx Colors also produces airbrush additives and mediums which allow artists to "customize" the colors for specific applications
- Matte, Fluorescent, and Opaque Colors are available in: 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz., 16 oz., 32 oz. and gallon sizes.
- Pearlized, Chameleon, and Iridescent Colors are made in 2 oz., 4 oz. 8 oz, and gallon sizes.
See our information below for all the Color Types that CREATEX has: Transparent, Fluorescent, Opaque, Pearlized, Iridescent, and Additives.
CREATEX Product Data and Technical Information:
Fabric- Including 100% cotton, 50/50 blends, denim, sweatshirts, and most natural fibers.
1) For best results, wash item first to remove sizing and mill finishes.
2) Airbrush the design onto fabric avoiding thick buildup of paint and excessive paint layering.
3) Allow colors to dry, or a heat gun may be used to accelerate drying time. Drying time varies depending on application.
4) Heatset fabric for permanence by one of the following methods:
a) Iron for 2 minutes at 300 degrees F use a protective cloth, keep iron moving.
b) Turn item inside out and put in clothes dryer for 40 minutes at highest heat.
1) Clean leather by wiping with mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol.
2) For best results, lightly spray mist a base coat of Opaque White on areas to be sprayed.
3) Apply color, avoiding over saturation and excessive paint layering.
4) Allow colors to dry thoroughly before heat setting.
5) Iron for 30 minutes at 225 degrees F using a protective cloth, or use a hot air gun at highest level for five minutes.
Paper and Canvas
1) Apply Color, avoiding thick buildup.
2) When using high tack frisket, dilute colors 25% with water. Colors are permanent when dry.
1) Prepare surface by lightly sanding, wipe clean.
2) Apply color, avoiding thick buildup of paint. Allow colors to dry for 24 hours before applying clear finish.
Ceramics and Clay
1) Apply color in thin even coats, avoid thick buildup.
2) Do not exceed temperatures of 300 degrees F when baking. Colors are permanent for handling after 24 hrs.
Generally, Createx Airbrush Colors are ready to spray without any additives or modifications. But, depending on many factors including the type of airbrush gun used, tip and needle size, type of compressor, air pressure, humidity, occasional problems may arise. We suggest some experimenting and adjusting until smooth spray pattern is achieved. We offer many different mediums and additives to help gain maximum success. Following are some common airbrush problems and solutions.
Problem: Colors not spraying properly, including: spitting spraying to one side, paint leaking from gun, paint drying or building up in tip.
1) Check for bent needle or tip, replace if necessary.
2) Check to make sure compressor is properly functioning. Try adjusting air pressure until colors spray in a smooth even pattern. Since some colors will spray differently than others, small adjustments may need to be made periodically to air pressure.
3) Createx Colors work best when using a "medium" sized airbrush needle and tip. If you are using a "fine" needle and tip, you may have to dilute the colors slightly with Airbrush Extender or water. Opaque, Pearlized, and Iridescent Colors tend to be thicker due to the additional solids needed for proper finish. Adjust color accordingly.
4) Spray Createx Airbrush Cleaner through the airbrush then flush with water.
5) Check color container that you attach to the airbrush for a blocked air hole.
6) Inadequate storage of paint including: Leaving cap open or paint exposed to air for prolonged periods of time, may have caused paint to dry in bottle.
a) Strain paint through a cheesecloth, nylons, or a fine strainer.
b) Dilute colors with a small amount of water until colors flow smoothly.
7) In dry, humid, or outdoor conditions Airbrush Extender or Retarder should be added to the paint to slow drying.
Problem: Airbrush is spitting water while you spray color.
Solution: Attach moisture trap to the air hose or let compressor cool.
Problem: Colors are fading after washing.
1) Follow the appropriate heatsetting instructions.
2) If water was used to dilute colors, decrease amount or use Airbrush Extender instead.
3) Turn shirt inside out before washing. Avoid using bleach or Woolite. Wash in cold water.
AIRBRUSH COLOR TYPES
Transparent: For white and light colored surfaces only.Add Opaque Medium for opacity or to create pastel colors. May be intermixed with all other Createx Airbrush Colors.
Fluorescent: For white and light colored surfaces. For coverage on dark surfaces, base coat surface with Opaque White. Mix with transparent, pearlized, or other fluorescent colors.
Opaque: For both light and dark colored surfaces. Add Airbrush Extender to increase transparency. Add Opaque Medium to create pastel colors. May be mixed with other opaque or transparent colors.
Pearlized: Covers both light and dark colored surfaces. Colors have a shimmering metallic finish. Mix with other pealized, transparent, fluorescent, iridescent, and chameleons.
Iridescent: Covers both light and dark colored surfaces. Colors have a shimmering metallic look which changes at the angle of light. Mix with other iridescent, pearlized, transparent, or fluorescent colors.
Airbrush Extender: A transparent medium which will dilute the color to a lighter value. Will increase transparency in opaque and pearlized airbrush colors. Add until desired transparency or color shade is achieved.
Airbrush Opaque Base: Add to Createx transparent (matte) airbrush colors for added opacity. Extends opaque colors to a lighter value. See label for usage information.
Airbrush Cleaner: Highly concentrated, biodegradable cleaner for use with all water-based colors. Used to clean airbrushes, and color jars.
Airbrush Top Coat: Protective top coat which dries to a clear matte finish. Spray over finished airbrush design when dry. Permanent on most surfaces, including: fabric, paper, wood, metal, plaster, canvas, leather. See label for usage information.
Airbrush Gloss Coat: Protective top coat which dries to a clear gloss finish. Spray over finished airbrush design when dry. Permanent on most surfaces, including: fabric, paper, wood, metal, plaster, canvas, leather. See label for usage information.
Airbrush Retarder: Add to Createx Airbrush Colors to enhance flow and prevent tip drying in dry or humid conditions. Add 3 drops per 1 oz. of color. See label for additional usage information.