Details about 700mW 12X 405nm S06J Blu-Ray Laser Diode In Module W/Leads & Three Element GlassSee original listing
New other (see details)
Sep 16, 2012 19:30:17 PDT
Saint Louis, MO, United States
New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, ... Read moreabout the condition
Listing is for a single 700mW 12X 405nm S06J Blueray Diode in a standard Aixiz module with leads attached and a three element glass lens. This is the most powerful 405 diode available and it is not the lower efficiency more sensitive 12X diode from the SF-BW512L sleds that are prone to sudden deaths when run over 420mA. If the seller does not list whether it is an S06J diode or a SF-BW512 diode it is most certainly a SF-BW512 as it is a huge selling point. When driven @ 525mA you can expect ~770mW with a G-2 lens and ~570mW with a three element 405 AR coated glass lens but the diodes. Efficiency will vary a little and I have seen some hit as high as 850mW with a G-2 being driven @ 525mA.
Save yourself the headache of extracting, pressing and soldering on your diode. Just add host, heatsink and driver. The current must be limited to no more than 525mA to the diode. There are plenty of people that will tell you it is ok to run this diode up to 700mA but this will lead to a quick death for the diode. Yes it will survive for a few minutes and give amazing power output but please keep it under 525mA. Don't attempt to connect directly to a battery. I do offer a boost driver that is capable of driving this diode off a single Li-Ion see my other offerings below. All modules are tested and are in working condition prior to shipping.
Here is how one set @ 700mW burns.
Here is a PIV Plot on the diode with a G-2 lens
3.68V @ 30mA giving 5mW
Here is the Pinout for the diode
Wire assignment is:
If you are looking for a host here are some of the more popular host/heatsink kits that will work with these diodes and if you want something that is not listed in those links that I show in my tutorials below shoot me a message and I can point you in the right direction for them.;)
Here is a list of tutorials I have made and experiments that can help give you ideas for your next project.
***********Check Out My Reviews & Build Tutorials**********
Shipping is Free in the US
$10+$5 for each additional item for First Class mail "Not Tracked" Delivery estimate is 10-30 business days most falling around 15.
$35 for Express 5-7 day Tracked with Delivery Confirmation.(Recommended)
By purchasing these diodes you are agreeing to the following.
- You are over 18 years of age .
- You understand that these components that are mentioned above are dangerous when not properly assembled into a finished product.
- You will use these as components and properly incorporate them into a finished product.
- You will use these diodes/modules in a safe and responsible manner and for a legal purpose.
- You are legally responsible for the use of these components, improper use of these components or their end products.
- You are legally responsible for any injury to anybody resulting from the use of or assembly of these components or their finished products.
- You Accept this diode/module as a COMPONENT for integration in a system of YOUR OWN design and will be legally responsible from any and all LIABILITIES These Diodes and Modules are sold solely as a component for incorporation into the customer's end products. Therefore, this diode/module is exempt from compliance with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10 and 1040.11 for complete products.