1964 PONTIAC LEMANS CONVERTIBLE
Oklahoma Body great for parts or help with a GTO clone
NO VIN - SOLD AS PARTS ONLY
Here is what you are bidding on
Offered for sale for parts only is a 64 Pontiac LeMans convertible. which has no VIN . I purchased this body for its convertible parts sometime in the early 80's. When I purchased it, the VIN was already removed from the body, as well as the trim tag. Being sold as parts only, there are still several items of use left.
Body has no eng/trans. However given that this car may help in making a GTO clone I have tried to take several pictures of the engine compartment to help in possible identification.
Close up of the firewall area showing the various holes for linkage, wiring.
Perhaps a better view
Steering Gear box
RH side of engine compartment
Front of engine compartment. Don't know if the radiator mount provides any clues as to type of engine or if they were all the same.
Shot of dash from engine compartment.
Interior is well worn, but not entirely stripped. As you can see, the car was apparently an original white with red interior model with bucket seats.
Close up of glove box area
Main dash area
From another angle
DOOR JAM & FLOORPAN AREAS
Front RH door jam area.
Rear RH Door jam area & floorpan
Front door jam on LH side
Rear door jam on LH side
Overall condition of the LH door. The RH door is missing.
Underside area of the door
Front floorpan area
Rear seat pan area
Car has no deck lid and trunk pan is quite rusted out
Rear mounted antenna
This gives you a good idea of how rusted out the trunk area is.
Closer up on RH side
LH rear area of trunk
Trunk, looking backward to show tail panel from inside
REAR WHEELWELLS & QUARTERS
LH wheelwell looking back
LH looking forward
LH quarter by door
RH quarter by door area, which has some damage
RH wheelwell area looking forward
RH looking back
Closer up on RH side
Closer up on RH side
MAKE YOURSELF A GTO CLONE
First year 1964 GTO convertibles are quite rare. Clone one and save a lot of money & still get the looks.
This item is being sold as parts only and does not have a title and does not have a VIN - the VIN having been removed by a previous owner before I ever purchased the item for parts, which was in the mid 1980's.
The loose parts in and about the body and other items and vehicles shown in various pictures are not included.
THANKS FOR LOOKING
BEING SOLD ‘AS IS’
This is a parts car/salvage body being sold ‘AS IS’ with no warranty, either expressed, written, or implied. There is no title. The body has no VIN.
Some pictures may show other cars and various loose parts in and outside of the shell which do not belong to this shell and are not included. Neither the parts or the adjacent vehicles or buildings are included as a part of this auction.
| DEPOSIT |
Do not bid unless you are prepared to immediately pay the required $500.00 deposit within 48 hours. Deposit is to be Pay Pal only. Note that an e-check will not meet this requirement since it will take time to clear through Pay Pal.
This deposit is non refundable.
The balance due is required within 7 days of auction close. Payment is to be made as per Terms of Sale below. No cash payments.
| PICKUP TO BE IN OKLAHOMA|
Please note that the item is located in Oklahoma and that pickup will be there. Pickup can not be made prior to receipt of full payment.
Any pick up date will have to be MUTUALLY agreed upon. Pick up is to be no later than 21 days after close of auction unless mutually agreed upon to be otherwise.
|BILL OF SALE/LOADING ISSUES|
Upon my receipt of full payment, as noted in the Terms of Sale, you will be given a Bill of Sale. Should a title be deemed necessary, is to be the responsibility of the Buyer to pay for any and all costs involved in procuring one - not recommended as shell has no VIN
Item obviously does not roll and is heavy. Please plan accordingly and provide the necessary means and manpower for loading/transport. If using a transport please advise them accordingly
| RETURN POLICY|
If for ANY REASON you find the item to be unacceptable you will be refunded the purchase price paid minus your deposit. The deposit is not refundable under any circumstance.
Should you send a transport to pick up the item you will have an option to return it but will have to pay the costs of transport.
The Return Policy is covered in greater detail in the Terms of Sale below.
TERMS OF SALE
- WHEN YOU BID ON THIS ITEM,YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH ALL TERMS LISTED HEREIN AND ACCEPT THIS AS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT.
- TO BID: You must be of legal age.
- If you have less than 10 feedback please contact Seller before bidding as Seller has the right to reject any/or all bids per the Terms herein.
- Seller reserves the right to cancel all existing bids and end the auction early should the item no longer be available for sale.
- AS IS: This item is being sold ‘AS IS” and “WHERE IS” with no warranty, either expressed, written, or implied. The Seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or contract set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any and all descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty or guaranty of any type.
- DEPOSIT: A deposit of filve hundred dollars ($500.00) is required to be received by Seller within 48 hours of auction close, to be through Pay Pal. E- checks do not clear instantly, so they are not allowed by Seller as proof of payment within the 48 hour period. Should the required deposit not be received by the Seller within 48 hours Seller shall have right to offer to and sell the item to other bidders or non-bidders immediately after the 48th hour. If proper deposit payment has not been received by the end of the 48th hour the Buyer will be considered to be in default of the Terms of Sale contract and will both have lost any right to the item and be subject to damages due to the Seller from such default.
- FULL PAYMENT (BALANCE DUE): The remaining balance is due prior to pickup and is to be received by Seller within 7 days of close of auction, whichever shall occur first. Payment, if by Cashiers Check, is to be sent to the Pay Pal address for Seller. Full Payment of the balance due is to be made by Pay Pal or by Cashiers Check from a verifiable institution. If Seller is in doubt, for any reason whatsoever, as to the validity of the money order or cashiers check, Seller reserves the right to delay pickup until verification from Seller's bank that said payment has properly cleared. No cash payments. Should Buyer choose to submit full payment as one sum and do so within 48 hours, Buyer shall still be considered as having made a deposit and a final payment so as to be eligible for a refund as detailed below, should one become necessary.
- PICKUP: Pickup will be allowed only after final payment has been received by Seller. Buyer is responsible for arranging for and paying for transport and shipping costs, with pickup being at Seller’s place in Oklahoma. Pickup shall be made within 21 days of close of auction and shall be a date mutually agreed upon between Buyer and Seller. Should the item not be picked up within 21 days of close of auction, Buyer will lose all rights to the item, to include loss of his/her initial deposit unless Buyer and Seller mutually agree upon an extension through e-mail. Should Buyer lose rights to the item, any monies received by Seller in excess of initial deposit would be refunded to Buyer, less any Pay Pal fees incurred by Seller.
- RETURN POLICY: No refunds of initial deposit. Balance of payments made by Buyer to be refunded by Seller to Buyer within 10 days of satisfactory return subject to limitations described herein. Upon satisfactory return of item, any monies received by Seller in excess of initial deposit will be refunded to Buyer, less any Pay Pal fees incurred by Seller. Refunds to be in the form of a Cashier's Check and to be made upon completion of Buyer's responsibilities as regards return policies. Under no circumstances are any costs incurred by the Buyer in conjunction with picking up or returning the item to be considered refundable.
- RETURN POLICY IF USING LOCAL PICKUP: Buyer is required to notify Seller of intent to refuse item prior to loading the item. If Buyer inspects item, it shall be left in exact condition as it was prior to inspection for a refund to be allowable. Once item is loaded transaction is complete and no refunds are allowed. For a refund to be allowable the item must be verified by Seller to be in exact condition as it was prior to arrival by Buyer for pickup and Buyer must have returned Bill of Sale to Seller in a form identical to which it was issued to Buyer.
- RETURN POLICY IF USING A TRANSPORT: Should the Buyer find, upon delivery, that the item is unsatisfactory, the Buyer shall notify the Seller of such within 24 hours of delivery drop off. Buyer shall be responsible for all costs of transport - including the cost of transport and loading/unloading to return the item. The item must be returned to the Seller in the identical condition as it was at the time of pickup by the transport or the refund will be disallowed. Buyer must also have returned Bill of Sale to Seller in a form identical to which it was issued to Buyer before any refund will be issued.
- INSPECTION POLICY: An inspection either at the Seller's place in Oklahoma or at the Buyer's place of delivery if using a transport, does not allow for the removal of or modifying of any part of the item, as the item must be left in the same condition after inspection as it was prior to inspection. Any such violation of this will require the Buyer to complete the purchase – similar to a “you break it you buy it” policy. LOCAL PICKUP INSPECTION - Buyer, if not using a contracted transport, is to inspect the item, should he/she desire to do so, on the day of pickup – either in person or through a representative. Said inspection shall be at a mutually arranged time and is to be at the Seller’s place in Oklahoma and is to be at the time of pickup. Costs of inspection shall be those of the Buyer. Should, upon a timely inspection, the Buyer find the item unsatisfactory, the Buyer is not required to complete the purchase, but will lose his/her initial deposit. IF USING A TRANSPORT - Buyer shall have 24 hours from time of delivery drop off by his transport to inspect the item and notify Seller if item is found to be unsatisfactory. After this 24 hour period no returns are allowed and transaction shall be considered complete. Any and all costs of inspection shall be the responsibility of the Buyer.
- LOADING/TRANSPORT: Buyer shall hire and be responsible for all costs of loading and transport. Any damages in loading or transport shall be the responsibility of the Buyer as Seller is not responsible once either the Buyer or transport company begins loading the item. Should Buyer be returning the item, any damages in transport or reloading shall also be the responsibility of the Buyer as Seller requires that any return item be delivered back to Seller in identical condition to that of the item just prior to pick up. Any difference in condition shall void the Buyer's right to a refund.
- TITLE: No title. The item is being sold as a collection of parts and not as a car. By bidding Buyer agrees that item in not roadworthy in the present condition and is to be viewed as parts only. Should Buyer decide to restore the item all costs and responsibility for doing so are to be those of the Buyer.
- NOT INCLUDED; Any parts, other vehicles, buildings, etc. in the background of any picture of this listing are NOT included. Any parts on or within the item which are not specifically noted as being a part of the item being listed are also not included. Item is shell only and does not include any loose parts even if pictured.
- WHEELS & TIRES: No wheels or tires.
- SELLER’S LIABILITY: Seller is to be held totally blameless. This includes, but is not limited to, circumstances, maintenance, restoration, loss of time, loss of profits, attorney fees, damages of any kind, loss of use, or other incidental damages at any time, past, present, or future due to this transaction.
- All questions concerning the construction, validity, and interpretation of Seller’s Terms of Sale, the dealing of the parties as regards this transaction, and the performance of the obligations imposed by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida or Oklahoma as deemed prudent by the Seller. Any suit or action involving any dispute or matter arising from any interpretation of, element of, or other part of the dealing of the parties shall be only brought in the Court choice of the Seller. Further, the parties hereby agree that venue in any such court is proper, and the parties hereby consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction by any such court with respect.
- INSURANCE & OTHER FEES: Buyer understands that the body is not roadworthy and as such currently has no insurance. The Buyer is from the end of auction to be responsible for any and all fees involved in obtaining any desired insurance. Buyer is responsible for any/all costs/fees involved in creating and transferring the title to his/her name, should Buyer decide to title this item. Buyer should also note that the item has no VIN, which if deemed necessary, would be responsibility of Buyer as regards efforts and fees.
Please bid accordingly.