Part# MAR 20234
4 Ounce Bottle of Marson® Smoothie® Fisheye Eliminator with Bottle Dropper
Marson® Smoothie® has become synonymous with fisheye eliminators worldwide. Introduced 45 years ago, this full-strength automotive paint additive prevents fisheyes and increases gloss. By reducing the surface tension of the wet paint film, Smoothie® improves flow-out, inhibits solvent trapping, and minimizes the telegraphing of sand scratches. Marson® Smoothie® is especially formulated to eliminate fisheyes and other surface defects when using the latest enamels, acrylics, lacquers, and polyurethane paint systems.
- Prevents fisheyes
- Improves flow-out
- Increases gloss
Fisheyes are Silicone Contamination that cause Cratering. Small circular, crater-like openings that appear during or shortly after the spray application.
- Spraying over surfaces contaminated with oil, wax, silicone, grease, etc.
- Use of thinner/reducer in place of a solvent cleaner.
- Spraying over previously repaired areas containing "fisheye eliminator" additive.
- Remove wet paint film with solvent, clean and refinish.
- Add the recommended fisheye eliminator and respray the affected area.
- If fisheyes appear in a basecoat, allow the color to flash then spray a mist coat over affected area. Do not use fisheye eliminator in undercoats or basecoat color.
- If the paint has dried, sand to a smooth finish below the fisheye cratering and refinish.
- Thoroughly clean the surface to be painted with detergent and hot water, followed by the recommended solvent cleaner. Wipe dry with clean rags.
- Use fisheye eliminator that is specifically recommended for the topcoat.
- Install an air filtering system that removes and prevents oil and moisture contamination.
- Maintain air supply by draining, cleaning and changing filter(s) on a routine basis
Our eBay Store has Marson® Smoothie® in 1, 2, 4, and 8 Ounce Sizes.
Our Flammable/Hazardous Shipping Policy applies to this item:
Worldwide shipping is available to most countries by FEDEX International Priority.
HAZMAT items incur higher shipping charges.
FedEx Ground is used within the Lower 48 U.S. States and Canada.
Orders to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico are shipped by FEDEX 2nd Day Air.
(Items can NOT be shipped to P.O. BOXES or APO's)