Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
Sign up for PayPal; the fast, easy, and secure way to pay online.
Significantly Better 3D Viewing System for $349 (plus your projectors and computer)
Check out a short video showing the kit projecting onto a 12 foot white screen.
First Feedback from buyers" AVS Specialist "I have had the Omega kit for 2 days now. I have to say I am really impressed with it. I have done several cross talk test and they have passed them. I saw no cross talk at all."
Another preliminary report from Jim Sadler; "Played a chapter from my Yogi Bear Bluray I ripped to 3840 X 1080p, and I have to say I 'm blown away"........ When viewing through the glasses I couldn't view any crosstalk"............."The other first impression I have is that this is very easy on the eyes".
And some more feedback: I setup my system and the 3D is stellar. Thank you for the hard work to create a set of filters like these. I posted my general observations and pictures at the avsforum under "The Ultimate 3D projection system: A Practical Discussion Thread" under the user name efendy.Cheers
AVS forum member efendy
This is my take on the omega system. I got it up and
running last week but wanted to test it before giving any
I use 2x Panasonic
720p projectors. they are 2000 lumens and I believe they are good
enough with a 100" screen (1.0 gain). But a little bit brighter
would have been better in my opinion.
I mounted filter
holders to door hinges to let me get the filters out of the way for
2D. Filter size is big enough to accommodate the light passing
through. no need to mount them in the lens cone as I had to do with
Extinction ratio is great. No crosstalk. I dont
see much color shift depending on the angle of the filters unlike
dolby system. I keep them angled away to direct the reflected light
away from the lens.
I didnt do any color correction as I
didn't need it. I am not very fussy though.
I can see minimal
reflection in the glasses probably because of all white ceiling and
I use ATI 6850 graphics card and I didn't have any
problems with sync in non-eyefinity mode. I use display port to VGA
adapter to power my main screen and projectors are connected to the 2
dvi ports via HDMI adapters. I use them in extended configuration and
use the stereoscopic player to watch the movies in dual output
format. As I stated above I didn't have any sync problems like the
ones BlackShark had in this configuration. I dont know whether it's
GPU related as it's a fairly powerful gpu. Didnt have a chance to use
it with games so cannot comment on it.
3D is great and I got
very good feedback from the family and friends.
These are my
observations so far. If anybody needs any specifics please chime
overall, I am very happy with the setup. more importantly
my wife is happier than me she didn't like the dolby approach as I
couldnt fix the colors completely because of limitations of the
projector. She was very skeptical with the omega but after setting up
she loved it (which is very important!).”
For a payment of $349.00 you will receive one of the first Omega Optical Depth Defining 3D system. All you need is a pair of small to medium digital projectors, and a computer with a video card. Within a few hours, you will be projecting Dept Defining 3D that is incomparable in size, brightness and color clarity. No need for silver screens, or active glasses, and no loss of polarizer inefficiencies.
The Omega Optical Depth Defining 3D is a totally new approach, covered by attached Patent Pending. The concept is to use highly complex multilayer thin films to divide the visible spectrum into two distinct white light sources. This "White" is then colored, and projected from two displaced perspectives, onto a remote screen. (The filter for the projector is one of the most demanding optical coatings made, as it has layer thickness tolerance of only a few atomic layer, to give the sharply divided white light spectrum, that allows both eyes to see unique white.) The eyeglasses then filter what each each eye sees so it appears a naturally colored continuous white. The Depth Defining image jumps from the screen with any 3D content, either from a BluRay DVD, or from contend sources such as available on YouTube, or what you make yourself.
The Depth Defining 3D Kit will include everything needed to convert a pair of typical digital projectors to provide clearer brighter and more dazzling color 3D images on whatever size screen your projector will illuminate! Although the maximum available light for two unique white images can not exceed 50%, the dual projects restore the brightness to what the original projector was designed to put out. The coating designed has been refined to give the maximum RGB signals, when convolved with the projector internal filters.
Each Kit will include a pair of projector filters for the Left and Right Eye Projector, as well as 5 pairs of glasses for viewing. Additionally, the kit will include:
- full instructions for building a mounting frame.
- Mounting attachment to affix the filter to the projector.
- Detailed description of set up and alignment.
- Software link to download demo software that will process 3D images from UTube or from a DVD (BlueRay).
- Five pairs of Omega Depth Defining 3D glasses.
- Additional glasses available for $20 each, 6 pairs for $100, and 20 pairs for $250.00.
Features of Omega Depth Defining 3D include:
- State of the art multilayer optical coating that separates white light into left and right eye signal of equal brightness and neutral color.
- No need for a color processor to see natural colors in high saturation.
- Any screen surface will work, from a white wall to a high gain screen.
- Better Brightness than any other 3D system. Nearly the full luminous brightness of one of the contributing projectors.
- Both eyes see white light, so headaches are not caused.
- Similarly, headaches caused by flicker are eliminated as both eyes see full spectrum, all of the time.
- Glass optics with durable refractory oxide coating that will last for years.
- No batteries or other interfering electronics or IR signal, so any number of viewers can be present.
- No bright spots or fall off in brightness, other than that due to the projectors characteristics.
- No adjustment when switching from 3D to 2D.
Free Demo software to provide Left and Right synced signals from content off the web, from UTube, from BlueRay players.
- Demo is good for 30 days with no charge (limited length clips).
- Low cost individual license (EUR 39. for permanent license)
- A Dual output graphics card is required in the drive computer. Best performance from Nvidia high end cards made for dual desktops and gaming. ATI also has competitive cards.
- Projector filter size: 35 X 47 mm, with mounting border.
- Left and Right eye provide white to within 0.1 on CIE color space diagram, with typical projector.
- 3D glasses mounted in shaded visor for limiting background light.
- All optics of long life borosilicate glass, coated with refractory oxides.
The final details for this first Omega Depth Defining 3D Kit are complete, and shipments will be made immediately. Watch for both larger format kits, for public halls and other large venues, as well as kits to retrofit Back Projection Large Screen TVs. Within the year we plan to have retrofit kits for typical large screen TVs using the DLP system.
Thanks for taking the time to study this offer and accompanying data.
Check out my other items!