ESPN SportsCenter Desk from the Set of ESPN!
Own a piece of sports history with the iconic SportsCenter desk. This is the very same desk used by Scott Van Pelt, Stuart Scott, Chris Berman and the icons of ESPN to broadcast more than 32,000 shows over the past decade. From this desk, ESPN brought fans the biggest highlights and covered the most historic moments. And now YOU can own it! This is your opportunity to take home a part of SportsCenter as ESPN’s flagship show evolves to the new set at Digital Center 2 in Bristol, CT. Talent and catchphrases not included.
Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz, stars American Pickers on History, found the pick of a lifetime when they discovered the desk and now they want a lucky fan to capitalize on this amazing piece of sports history. Don’t miss your chance to have SportsCenter in your living room, and not just on your TV.
Dimensions of the desk with top: 33in height; 60.5in width; 73in length. Dimensions of the desk without top (blue bottom): 28in height; 66in length. Monitors will be included along with all necessary electrical wiring. Desk will be crated and shipped from ESPN in Bristol, CT. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the bidder and may cost $2000-$4000, depending on location of shipping address.
Q. Who is Kompolt?
A. The selling party has retained Kompolt to manage this auction. Kompolt provides a comprehensive auction management service focused on creating successful high-value, high-profile promotional auctions for charities, nonprofit organizations and top brand companies. Kompolt is a promotional agency which helps define client brand promotional strategy through auctions, delivers creative design, and manages operations of feature online auctions for maximum visibility of well-known brands, media companies, charities, nonprofits, public relations firms and advertising agencies.
Q: Is Bidder Pre-Qualification necessary to participate in this auction?
A: All bidding activity below $1,000 does not need to be pre-qualified. Bidding above $1,000 must be Pre-Qualified. Click here to fill out the secure Bidder Pre-Qualification form. In order to help ensure a smooth and successful auction experience, Kompolt will be performing Bidder Pre-Qualification for this auction.
Q: Why do eBay members need to Pre-Qualify?
A: We realize that the Bidder Pre-Qualification policy may seem like an unnecessary procedure to eBay community members in good standing, but to ensure a safe and fair auction, we require that all bidders participate for all bidding activity above $1,000.
A. Please use the “Ask a Seller a Question” option below.
Q. Is bidding open internationally?
A. Unless otherwise stipulated in the above description, bidding is open internationally.
Q. I've won the auction! What happens next?
A. A representative of Kompolt will contact the winning bidder via email or phone to congratulate him or her as well as confirm the payment amount and payment instructions. Payment must be in U.S. funds and received within three (3) days of the close of the auction.
Q. What are the accepted methods of payment?
A. We accept the following methods of payment: PayPal.
Q. Will a receipt be provided?
A. Yes, a receipt for the final bid amount paid will be provided by Kompolt.
Q. Is there sales tax?
A. Sales tax will not be charged for non-tangible items such as VIP Experiences. Sales tax will be collected for items shipped to residents of: CA (8.0%), NY (7.0%), and TX (6.5%).
Q. Is this purchase tax deductible?
A. Please contact your personal tax advisor for information on this issue.
Q. Delivery information for auction items and/or VIP experiences.
A. Unless otherwise stated in the auction listing, all items are shipped via Federal Express. Winning bidders must provide a physical address, phone number, and signature for delivery. Sorry, we cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. Barring unanticipated circumstances and/or any special fulfillment conditions stated in the above description, the expected delivery time can be up to 2-3 weeks after final payment is received and acknowledged. International bidders will be required to pay any duties or taxes associated with their shipment.
VIP Experiences - Kompolt will place the winning bidder in communication with a representative from the ESPN or the V Foundation within 1 week of receipt and confirmation of payment.
Q. Will my item come with a Letter of Authenticity?
A. Yes, a Letter of Authenticity signed by a representative of ESPN will be provided with all tangible items that have been autographed and/or hold collectible value. Non-tangible items such as VIP Experience auctions will not include a Letter of Authenticity.
Disclaimer – Please read carefully.
- Kompolt, the auction manager, is performing a management service on behalf of and at direction of the selling party and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein.
- The purchaser/high bidder agrees to pay within 3 business days of the close of the auction.
- Warranties: It is the buyer’s responsibility to preview any item(s) and determine condition, authenticity, and content. While descriptions are believed to be accurate, neither Kompolt nor its employees, agents, or contractors provide any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the genuineness, authenticity, or accuracy of description, condition, or defect, if any, of the item(s) auctioned and will not be held responsible for discrepancies or inaccuracies in item descriptions provided. Buyer may be required to sign a release acknowledging this provision as a condition of purchase of the item(s). Buyer’s sole recourse shall be the warranty, if any, provided by Seller, as stated in the item description.
- All items are sold as is.
- The V Foundation will receive 100% of the winning bid on this auction. The winning bidder will receive, in exchange for payment of the full bid price the item and/or experience described herein, under the terms described herein.
- Barring unanticipated circumstances, the expected delivery time for items is 2-3 weeks after final payment is received and acknowledged.
- VIP Experiences - Kompolt will place the winning bidder in communication with a representative from ESPN or the V Foundation within 1 week of receipt and confirmation of payment. The winner is solely responsible for accommodations, meals and transportation to and from the event unless otherwise stated in the description.
- All bids are binding.
- All bids are in US dollars.
- Bidders must be 18 years or older.
- By listing this auction I verify that I am the actual travel agent or travel provider and not a third party affiliate. The travel/accommodations in this auction will be booked directly through me and not an outside agency. I also verify that, other than the government taxes and related government fees stated within the listing description itself, there will be absolutely no additional fees, charges or after auction purchases associated with booking the travel within this listing.
- This auction does not include any items or services that are not detailed above.
- Please note that due to the nature of high profile auctions, we have occasionally experienced attempted fraud through the use of second chance offers. If you are contacted by anyone other than a Kompolt representative about this item or items similar to this, please contact us immediately.
- Kompolt reserves the right to block a bidder for any reason including but not limited to, feedback, non-paying bidder, bid retractions, and recent bid history.
- Your participation in this auction constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The contents and composition including layout, look and feel and coding on this page or any auction listing page, About Me Page, disclaimers, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) in whatever form or manner either graphic, text, or digital format or presentation of any language either actual or digital are the property of Kompolt or the other copyright holders represented hereon and may not be copied, reproduced, duplicated, paraphrased, in whole or part for any purpose or reason whatsoever whether online or in a physical manner including storage to a computer system or storage device of any kind for republication or dissemination without the express written consent of Kompolt. To violate this copyright protection is illegal and Kompolt will pursue such violations vigorously.